Housing Questions

Princess Taylor

Original Poster
So what happens if someone gets pulled and cast as a CP, but hasn't the money to move?
If there any sort of housing that can be provided, then the costs deducted from your pay roll?
I've heard rumors and side stories about girls who have "moved with $7 in their pockets".
I know DCP offers dorms, but this isn't what I'm addressing.
Any information would help so much!
Thank you, guys!!!!

AndyS2992

No. Disney only offers housing to those who have been enrolled on a Disney college program who come from all around the World, not standard cast members who generally live nearby.

If you have applied for a job at WDW and have been asked to audition there but live too far away to attend then that probably wasn't a good decision to make. Is this the problem you are having?

Princess Taylor

Original Poster
No. Disney only offers housing to those who have been enrolled on a Disney college program who come from all around the World, not standard cast members who generally live nearby.

If you have applied for a job at WDW and have been asked to audition there but live too far away to attend then that probably wasn't a good decision to make. Is this the problem you are having?
I am interested in attending national search auditions for character Look-Alikes.
Due to the fact that these auditions are held in so many states in central US, I am sure relocation is a very common issue to be discussed when hired. The intention of this thread was to gain information on how they would go about relocating a performer from a lower financial class.

mdisney

I am interested in attending national search auditions for character Look-Alikes.
Due to the fact that these auditions are held in so many states in central US, I am sure relocation is a very common issue to be discussed when hired. The intention of this thread was to gain information on how they would go about relocating a performer from a lower financial class.
How much do you think they make? Just saying its better to stay where you live than come to Orlando.

AVGuy

Yeah, no housing assistance and it's extremely rare to receive relocation assistance for an hourly position. It's the risk, sacrifice, etc. that you make to work at The Mouse. To some, it's worth it. To others, it's not. However, Disney is not going to help in this area.

Domosuke

No characters are essentially actors who are not on a customer service payroll. Actors live out of their cars while auditioning. Sorry girl. :(

I know several face characters and movers who were given relocation assistance but also had to sign a contract for a year minimum.
This has been a few years ago though so they may no longer do this. I think it also depends how desperate they are for certain roles.

Tom

Beta Return
I know several face characters and movers who were given relocation assistance but also had to sign a contract for a year minimum.
This has been a few years ago though so they may no longer do this. I think it also depends how desperate they are for certain roles.

Face characters, especially rare ones, carry a slightly higher demand than fur.

WhatJaneSays

In general no relocation services are offered. However ... if they'd like to cast you for a very specific part that they are desperate for and are having trouble filling they may offer. This is extremely rare and I've really only ever heard of a handful of cases and they’ve mostly been Equity/actor/singer/live performer types.

I just looked at the audition website and none of the fine print mentioned relocation assistance even on equity auditions. So this must be a thing of the past.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom