House of Blues to change Service Industry Nights?

emcclay

Last year when I would frequent HOB SI nights.. they would play the same music over and over again and it was so crowded. Not a pleasant time. I'd much rather be downtown even if HOB meant free entry. Although, I will say I never saw anyone too messed up there. If CPs decide to go downtown, I would just advise them to be safe. I've seen some crazy stuff in downtown Orlando that I have never seen anywhere else.

Next Big Thing

Last year when I would frequent HOB SI nights.. they would play the same music over and over again and it was so crowded. Not a pleasant time. I'd much rather be downtown even if HOB meant free entry. Although, I will say I never saw anyone too messed up there. If CPs decide to go downtown, I would just advise them to be safe. I've seen some crazy stuff in downtown Orlando that I have never seen anywhere else.
That was something I definitely noticed... the DJs don't seem to mix it up. Maybe add a song in here and there when it gets popular.

Rewind Wednesdays were a bit of the same but it was also request, so I was always able to get some rare songs played.

emcclay

That was something I definitely noticed... the DJs don't seem to mix it up. Maybe add a song in here and there when it gets popular.

Rewind Wednesdays were a bit of the same but it was also request, so I was always able to get some rare songs played.

Yep, went two weeks in a row.. same set with maybe a change or two.

COProgressFan

Playing the same songs over and over...

I've come to the conclusion that they only take a very small handful of request and the rest is just a playlist. I have a hard time believing that "Country Roads" is requested every night more than once.

It's fun though.

I think you're probably right. I think many of the "requests" are really just part of a regular list of songs they play. I guess that can get boring for a local or CP who wants to hang out there every weekend, but for conventioneers and semi-regular visitors who pop in once during their vacation, it makes sense.

Next Big Thing

I think you're probably right. I think many of the "requests" are really just part of a regular list of songs they play. I guess that can get boring for a local or CP who wants to hang out there every weekend, but for conventioneers and semi-regular visitors who pop in once during their vacation, it makes sense.
Most CPs don't care because by the time they would notice, they're drunk off their anyway.

Piebald

I'll never forget the first time we went on a Sunday night for service industry night. When I worked at Disney back in the day it was PI so I wasn't sure what to expect. We get there around 10 and have some beers and it was pretty calm. We're just hanging out talking to some people and disappointment starts to set in.

Then, at 11:59 on the dot it's like the heavens opened up. Literally busloads of people coming in. It went from an empty place to a nightclub in Ibiza (I've been to Ibiza and it was pretty comparable with all the foreigners and the music). Needless to say it is (was?)a treasure for local single guys. The girls loved us because according to them we weren't creepy foreigners. It was a one of the best nights out ever and exceeded our expectations tenfold so I'm saddened to hear this is going the way of PI.

Next Big Thing

I'll never forget the first time we went on a Sunday night for service industry night. When I worked at Disney back in the day it was PI so I wasn't sure what to expect. We get there around 10 and have some beers and it was pretty calm. We're just hanging out talking to some people and disappointment starts to set in.

Then, at 11:59 on the dot it's like the heavens opened up. Literally busloads of people coming in. It went from an empty place to a nightclub in Ibiza (I've been to Ibiza and it was pretty comparable with all the foreigners and the music). Needless to say it is (was?)a treasure for local single guys. The girls loved us because according to them we weren't creepy foreigners. It was a one of the best nights out ever and exceeded our expectations tenfold so I'm saddened to hear this is going the way of PI.
I don't know when you worked for Disney, but I can say it is exactly the same to this day. Actually it gets crowded much earlier because, well, PI isn't open anymore. And it stays packed all the way until 2.

And to set the record straight, the Sundays are NOT going away completely. It is once a month as I suspected. I've had multiple people confirm it from managers at HOB directly to the DJs themselves.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
I don't know when you worked for Disney, but I can say it is exactly the same to this day. Actually it gets crowded much earlier because, well, PI isn't open anymore. And it stays packed all the way until 2.

And to set the record straight, the Sundays are NOT going away completely. It is once a month as I suspected. I've had multiple people confirm it from managers at HOB directly to the DJs themselves.

So clarifying... It's now a once a month thing?

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
At least for the time being it would seem. DJs are scheduled, it was what was told to me by employees at HOB, and it's on the website. Even KingBob over at Save PI backed off his initial claim of it ending.

It is still weekly until 10/4, however.

I edited the thread title to more accurately reflect the most resent info

YodaMan

Looks like it is officially done for

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 183

Next Big Thing

Where did you see this sign? Is this the one that's sitting outside of the 'club' now? Why the Disney Internship logo on it if it is?

I found it on Twitter. I assume it's from College Program housing because of that logo, but I'm not certain.
Yeah, it's definitely done. The HOB twitter has mentioned it and the final Rewind Wednesday has already happened. Last chance to catch Service Industry Night is Sunday, October 4th.

Next Big Thing

Shame it came to this. Shame people couldn't be responsible drinkers.
Even before the whole incident happened, I feared it would come to this as back in May, when the age restriction got changed from 19 to 21.
To me that meant Disney was trying to crack down on things and prevent future issues. The sexual assault case really was just the icing on the cake/all Disney needed to put an end to these nights.

If one thing is sure, it's that HOB is gonna lose an incredible amount of alcohol revenue because of this.

French Quarter

As a couple of people have mentioned early in the thread, HOB is leaving DL (stating that it needs a bigger space). I am wondering if the relationship between the two companies is on thin ice. It seems to me that Disney probably issued a directive for HOB to stop with the Industry Nights. So, how long do you think it will be before HOB leaved DTD "in search of a bigger space"?

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
As a couple of people have mentioned early in the thread, HOB is leaving DL (stating that it needs a bigger space). I am wondering if the relationship between the two companies is on thin ice. It seems to me that Disney probably issued a directive for HOB to stop with the Industry Nights. So, how long do you think it will be before HOB leaved DTD "in search of a bigger space"?

That's been hinted at before by @71jason

There's been rumors that HOB would be interested in moving to I-Drive or downtown.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom