Hours on days with a MVMCP

MickeyMomV

Original Poster
So our 180 mark is tomorrow and I was finally looking over the calendar to get EMH's figured out so we can plan out our dining reservations and I noticed that on MVMCP dates MK closes at 6:00pm. It seems like it always closed at 7:00pm, as the party started. Did this change or has it always been the case? I never really paid attention before because we were either there for the party or we went to another park and avoided MK those nights.

thomas998

I think it has been closing at 6:00 for the parties for as long as I can recall... But I also think it is a slow close where they start their sweep at the back of the park, and they don't care if you are shopping past 6:00... So I think its just a deal most people never really pay attention to until they get swept up which is probably not going to happen until 6:30 or maybe later.

21stamps

I think it has been closing at 6:00 for the parties for as long as I can recall... But I also think it is a slow close where they start their sweep at the back of the park, and they don't care if you are shopping past 6:00... So I think its just a deal most people never really pay attention to until they get swept up which is probably not going to happen until 6:30 or maybe later.

I swear that I thought MK closed at six last year on a party night. I could have been completely wrong, but I know that with our plans I had us leaving well before 6 PM.
Someone in my fb group made this announcement..and I said the same thing.lol

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
In 2010, they closed at 7 pm, but began "urging" guests without wristbands to the front exit about 6:15. I can't speak to the last few years, but the community line has always been "you can arrive as early as 4 for the 7 pm party," and park hours showed closing at 7 pm (as late as Dec 2014).

21stamps

In 2010, they closed at 7 pm, but began "urging" guests without wristbands to the front exit about 6:15. I can't speak to the last few years, but the community line has always been "you can arrive as early as 4 for the 7 pm party," and park hours showed closing at 7 pm (as late as Dec 2014).

I just went thru my photos and timestamps.. looks like we left MK at 5:23 on our non party day.. and arrived at 5:25 on our MVMCP night.

Maybe I just thought they closed at 6 lol. The people in my group, who also went last year, said 7. Either way, it was too crowded to stay any later.

Rob562

The first few Christmas Parties I went to (1997-2001 or so), the MK would close at 7pm but the Party officially ran 8pm to 1am. I'm not sure at what time you could enter the park with your Party ticket only, but as it approached 7pm they would usher arriving Party guests into Tomorrowland where attractions were open for Guests with wristbands only, and you could pose for your free Party photo. (That shows you just how long ago that was) At 7pm they would do an accelerated park sweep to clear the park of day guests.

When the rest of the park was clear, they'd open the park to Party guests, which was typically before 8pm, sometimes opening Fantasyland first but only accessible by looping around from Tomorrowland. They'd keep the bridges from the Hub closed off. Then by 8pm it was Party guests only.

Perhaps they're going to try to go back to that format, just an hour earlier. It will be interesting to see whether the enter-at-4pm-with-Party-ticket still holds.

-Rob

matt9112

The first few Christmas Parties I went to (1997-2001 or so), the MK would close at 7pm but the Party officially ran 8pm to 1am. I'm not sure at what time you could enter the park with your Party ticket only, but as it approached 7pm they would usher arriving Party guests into Tomorrowland where attractions were open for Guests with wristbands only, and you could pose for your free Party photo. (That shows you just how long ago that was) At 7pm they would do an accelerated park sweep to clear the park of day guests.

When the rest of the park was clear, they'd open the park to Party guests, which was typically before 8pm, sometimes opening Fantasyland first but only accessible by looping around from Tomorrowland. They'd keep the bridges from the Hub closed off. Then by 8pm it was Party guests only.

Perhaps they're going to try to go back to that format, just an hour earlier. It will be interesting to see whether the enter-at-4pm-with-Party-ticket still holds.

-Rob

from a operational stand point do you thing the early admittance for party goers is a problem?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom