Hourly to Management

fngoofy

Original Poster
Just wondering if there are any CMs on the boards that have gone from Hourly to Managment and what your stories are (how long you worked Hourly before going to management, what education and experience you had going into Disney, that sort of stuff.)

Thanks.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
i've been offered management twice, and both times I've declined. Since management is salaried, I'd be making less money.. hourly, I can get OT.. salaried, well I can't

fngoofy

Original Poster
How long had you been there before the first offer?

What is your resume like?

Just curious what they are looking for in those they make offers to.

Oh, and what sort of area would you have been managing had you accepted?

mkt

Premium Member
Originally posted by fngoofy
How long had you been there before the first offer?

first time, 18 months. second time, 3 years

What is your resume like?

I have a bachelors in History, and am currently working on a second degree in Public Relations/Advertising with a minor in Industrial Psych. I also have worked in various areas in Disney (DLR, WDW Ops and Foods, Walt Disney Entertainment, DCL, Disney Regional Entertainment) and have been in management at other jobs, as well as theatrical stage manager/director.

Just curious what they are looking for in those they make offers to.

that they meet the posted requirements for the job that has been posted. That's it. oh yeah, and good attendance.

Oh, and what sort of area would you have been managing had you accepted?

my first offer was to be a Fastpass manager, the second one was a project manager for Global entertainment scheduling. I declined both

mkt

Premium Member
also, I was a rare exception.. I was 18 when I had my first offer. That would've made me the youngest manager in the company

mkt

Premium Member
Originally posted by hmppan
mk i didnt know you were offered fast pass manager.. was it at MK and if so you you know Bruce and that whole group?

nope.. It was at studios. I has just gotten into entertainment and an old JOBS posting I had filled out was approved, so I got a call from casting, and I told them to get someone else.

fngoofy

Original Poster
Thanks for the info MK, I appreciate it!

Do you know many that have gone from Hourly to Management?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom