Hotels

Kerby626

Original Poster
looking at a weekend trip for the half marathon. Which hotels are the closet and shortest waking distance but yet clean and family friendly

Texas84

For walking to the marathon staging area the Holiday Inn Suites on Ball Road is very convenient. It's too far to walk to the parks though. But you can get a free pass for the Anaheim Resort Transportation shuttles (ART) during the marathon weekend. I would think everything in the area would be family friendly. Not really sure what that means.

my personal favorite was the Jolly Roger Hotel. It kinda looked like a dump but it was cheaper. Sadly they've torn it down. :( That being said, I have stayed at the Clarion hotel. It was very nice (though an earthquake hit while we were staying there), and it is within somewhat reasonable walking distance. I think it was a mile or so from the park entrance, so it's a bit of a 20-25 min walk, but not bad. The other place was the Best Western across the street from the Disneyland entrance, but that hotel has suites and so unless your with a big group, it can be more pricey.

Rufus T Firefly

Always had good luck with the Howard Johnson. Reasonably priced, free parking and attentive staff. Easy 5 minute walk to main gate and close to many restaurants (Mimi's Café next door)

JillC LI

Best Western Plus Park Place Mini Suites was great last May. It's directly across the street and closer than all Disney hotels except the Californian. Clean, reasonably priced with AAA discount, and free hot breakfast, and parking.

jrlbc06

I loved Best Western plus Park Place....but unfortunately its booked for the weekend I'm trying to go. But if available, I would highly recommend.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom