Hotel vs. Motel Style

guardmouse13

Original Poster
I've tried searching and can't find any information. Is there a list somewhere of what resorts are motel style (doors from room directly to the outside) and which are hotel style (doors from room to hallway inside)? We're looking at going this October. Trying to be budget conscious but some of my family members get nervous with motel style. Thanks for any help!

jakeman

Moderates and below are all "motel" style along with Saratoga Springs and Old Key West (I might be forgetting one or two).

However, it should be noted that if it is a safety concern then all floors of the hotel style except concierge do not require a key to access via elevator.

asialeigh

I'm pretty sure all value and moderates are motel style

*With the exception of Family Suites at Art of Animation. Which also has exterior side doors to the building that require a MagicBand and/or room key to be scanned to be allowed access and after a certain time of night the main exterior doors to the buildings must have MagicBands scanned as well to unlock the doors.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I've tried searching and can't find any information. Is there a list somewhere of what resorts are motel style (doors from room directly to the outside) and which are hotel style (doors from room to hallway inside)? We're looking at going this October. Trying to be budget conscious but some of my family members get nervous with motel style. Thanks for any help!

http://www.wdwmagic.com/resorts.htm

We indicate on each resort page if it has interior or exterior corridors. It is under the 'Room Types' heading one ash resort page.

NiarrNDisney

You may want to consider either AoA because it does have interior rooms or CSR which has rooms in the Casitas that are outdoor access but have a somewhat indoor feel with the covered breezeways, courtyards and mezzanines.

HollyAD

I also get nervous about motel style but Disney has a super safe feel to it. It is the ONLY place I will stay motel style. I actually prefer the values even with the doors facing the outside. You get more for your money and everything is overly themed! Even the moderates are motel style. They look a little more upscale but still have rooms opening to the outside.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom