Hotel recommendations ...

Mickey1984

Original Poster
We are looking to enter our children (2 & 1 yo) into the world of Disney, with a short trip to DLP, thought best to go to Paris first rather than a long haul flight to States (from UK) - that will be on the books though in the next year or so whether they enjoy DLP or not LOL.

YOU WILL ENJOY DISNEY!!

Anyway, long story short I am looking for recommendations on the hotels at DLP.
We have been twice before ourselves (children-less) once staying at Sequoia Lodge and once central Paris.

I was looking at prices for July, and Disneyland Hotel is a no-no, it can't be worth the much more extra it's crazy prices! But can anyone recommend either the New York or Newport Bay, they are quite a bit more expensive than Sequoia, but not too much where they are out of the question. I just wonder what peoples views are, are they worth the bit more, and which is better and why?

AndyS2992

My personal favourite is Hotel New York, rooms are nice, food is good and you are just steps away from the parks and Disney Village. Though if you want to cut the cost then there really isn't anything wrong with Santa Fe or Cheyenne, cheap and very kid friendly. Only downside of those is the much longer walk to the parks or having to wait for the shuttles. But anyway I recommend New York, though I haven't had a bad experience at any of the DLP hotels and would recommend them all, except the Davy Crockett ranch.

Though my advice to people wanting to visit Disneyland Paris is to wait until mid 2017 when the 25th Anniversary is in full swing as right now (and for most of 2016) a lot of rides and shows will be closed for refurbishing ready for next year, but if the rides closed aren't ones you care about then it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Mickey1984

Original Poster
Great thanks, I did have NY in mind so might plump for that.
Re. rides, I think this will be a very different sort of holiday from my usual go-go-go attitude at Disney, think rides may take a back seat and more small-ones aimed venture :)

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Any reason you have decided against Sequoia? I have only been to DLP once but I thought the Sequoia was a lovely hotel. It reminded me of the Wilderness Lodge and Grand Californian which I also like. The walk was just a little bit further than New York. I didn't like the way the New York looked, it looks very cheap to me and the Newport was under construction so we didn't check that one out.

But we had a nice room in the main building, it even had a balcony (which we didn't request but was a nice surprise). The grounds were pretty and the pool area looked really nice too although we didn't actually use the pool. When I go back, if I can't afford the Disneyland Hotel, we will stay here again.

Mickey1984

Original Poster
Any reason you have decided against Sequoia?

Couple of reasons really, we've stayed here before, so always nice to have a bit of a change, and also with the NY hotel being a bit closer will mean a quicker exit from the parks.

To be honest I did rate it when we stayed there, but thought an "upgrade" to NY was maybe int he offing - would you say its not worth the difference in price, (A) for how nice the hotel is and (B) is it much further to walk really ..?

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I understand about wanting to try a new place. We have only stayed at Sequoia, but walked around the NY and just didn't care for it. Maybe staying there is a little different.

dagobert

We usually stay offsite at the Relais Spa Chessy and get an annual pass. The hotel is just one stop on the RER away from DLP and during our last trip in October they even offered a free shuttle service from and to the parks.

Daveeeeed

Stayed at the Newport Bay Club in 2013 prerefurbishement, and boy was it outdated. Don't know how it will be when finished, but I'm sure it'll look fantastic. We're going back this May and were planning on staying at the Sequoia Lodge, but my dad has always wanted to stay at the Disneyland Hotel, so we're staying there. We got a super good rate and it'll end up just costing around 150 euros more than the sequoia lodge would for 4 nights. We are just banking that it is just a little bit under the quality of the grand Floridian rooms (we haven't stayed there for years and even then it was just one night). I heard they've given it much better upkeep than the other resorts, so we'll see how it goes. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom