1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Hotel Options by Disney Springs

Discussion in 'WDW Offsite Hotels, Dining, Shopping' started by parkhopper1213, Mar 17, 2017.

1. parkhopper1213

parkhopper1213 Active Member

Planning 2 trips to WDW, which means we have to stay in a budget. The value properties on property are close to $200 a night (including taxes) Would like to stay by Disney Springs. Any experiences or recommendations to share? I found one that had good prices but awful customer feedback. Appreciate your thoughts.

2. NiarrNDisney

NiarrNDisney Well-Known Member

I have stayed at many of the resorts on Hotel Lane most recently the Lake Buena Vista Hilton which was a beautiful resorts with lots of amenities and very well priced especially for the week of Thanksgiving.
    I also have also stayed at the Doubletree, Hilton, and the Holiday Inn all of which were affordable especially if you are a rewards member of these companies.

3. parkhopper1213

parkhopper1213 Active Member Original Poster

Thank you so much!

NiarrNDisney likes this.
  4. DPN

DPN New Member

Check out the Wyndham Bonnet Creek. Reasonable prices for huge villas and a great resort. It is a time share so I would recommend renting (if you do) directly from an owner on redweek.com. The resort is actually on Disney property and super close to Disney Springs. We've stayed there twice and love it. They don't push the timeshare sales at all, just decline once at check in and enjoy your time!

NiarrNDisney likes this.
  5. drwadadli

drwadadli Premium Member

We stayed at the Wyndham Lake Buena Vista in February of this year. It is the closest resort to Disney Springs as it is directly across the street but that being said, to my wife and I it looked like an old motel that is need of a lot of update. The lobby looks great and inviting until you get the rooms. A friend of mine has an AP and was able to at ASM cheaper than we were staying at the Wyndham.

Just to make a suggestion, if you are planning 2 trips in a 365-day period, you may want to look at getting an AP. You would save on dining and resort stays which might offset the initial cost of getting an AP. My friend with the AP has AP pricing discount for Saratoga Springs which is next door to DS. Just food for thought.

parkhopper1213 likes this.
  6. Emadsen

Emadsen New Member

I've stayed at the Best Western Lake Buena Vista. It was clean, it was comfortable, and we were able to walk (about 15 minutes) down the road to Disney Springs. I know they also had park transportation available, we just didn't use it as we had a car. I would definitely stay there again if I wasn't able to stay on site.

MisterPenguin likes this.
  7. parkhopper1213

We do have an annual pass. There are no resort specials yet for the time of year we want to go. We will be there for almost 2 weeks.

drwadadli likes this.
  8. parkhopper1213

Thanks for the recommendations. After pricing out the options, we are going to stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Lake Buena Vista. Its 1 mile from Disney Springs. Wish it was a bit closer, but the price difference was enough to decide on this place. It was one of the few offsite hotels that offered free parking and did not charge a resort fee. That's about a $40 a day savings right there. We are going to be there for almost 2 weeks, so those fees added up quickly. We got a car with our package and saved over $500 from Disney's value resorts.

drwadadli likes this.
  9. Weather_Lady

Weather_Lady Well-Known Member

parkhopper1213 likes this.
  10. slappy magoo

slappy magoo Well-Known Member

Weather_Lady and drwadadli like this.
  11. Raegansmommy

Raegansmommy Member

We stayed at the Wyndham by Disney Springs in December for one night. It was supposed to be 2, but there was a room available at POP where we were staying, so we were able to move there a night earlier. It was hotel. We honestly only slept and showered there though. They charge you per day to park. It was actually cheaper for us to stay at POP though as it ended up only being around $100. Once they added parking and fees the Wyndham would have been over $300 for the 2 nights. Sure it was nicer than a value resort, but I like the convenience of the Magical Express.