Hotel New York question

Sketch105

Original Poster
I noticed in a photo of the hotel New York they had a schematic map of Manhattan Island featuring the Twin Towers over a seasonal ice rink. ..what did they do with it after September 11th?

stagestar

Map of Manhattan gone ... ages before 9/11

Hey there, Hi there, Ho there,

the problem of how to deal with the map of Manhattan never occured in the wake of 9/11 as it had been replaced with a plain colored ground ages ago - not sure when exactly but well before 2000.

The logo of the Hotel New York does feature an excerpt of the skyline of NYC but is very, very, very stylized. Basically the only thing one could identify in it is the Empire State Building. The Twin Towers were not included so this didn't create a problem either.

Yours
Dirk

MartyMouse

This is way off topic but I just wanted to say - I was set to fly home from Disneyland Paris on Sept 11, 2001 and when they sent us away from the airport the only place we could think of going to was back to DLP. We stayed for three more days – until we could fly back home. The people treated us so well and on day two of our exile they had 3 mins of silence in remembrance and it was such a feeling of raw emotion to hear everything at Disney go quite.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom