Hot seat?

aim

Original Poster
Have any of you ever made it in the hot seat for Who Wants to be a Millionaire, PLAY IT! ???? We just got back a few days ago from WDW. And my boyfriend made it in the hot seat! It was pretty neat. He got to 1,000. So he got the hat and pins. I'll tell more about it later. I need to get some lunch :p

inorski

My husband got into the hot seat and then was so nervous he got a fairly easy question wrong and only got to the 1000 level as well. He didn't know the answer and forgot to use a life line - but I'm not surprised because he didn't even want to go up there anyway - he is pretty shy. He has been close several more times but hasn't gotten into the seat again. It's kind of funny, he likes to go and try to "win" but he HATES sitting there in front of all those people. Now that it is a cruise for the million point prize we would both really like to win. I didn't care for going to see a taping of the show but we love the Disney Cruise and can't wait to go again!

Congrats to your boyfriend, by the way. :sohappy:

shuflemstr

I made it in the hot seat twice. It is very scary. Each time I guessed on the fastest finger question and got them right. The first time I made it to the 16,000 point question and missed it. I will never forget it. The question was "What do you call the wicker type basket that fishermen wear around their hips to put newly caught fish in?". To this day I will never forget that it is called a kreel. The second time I made it to the 8,000 point question and lost on it. That question was something about what continent some indians were from. It was the most fun I have ever had. When I move down in August I want to try and go to it everyday.

Glasgow

The last two times I've been at MGM I've gone to Millionaire and have been the "next" person to go when the show ended! Doh!

Tinroad66

I made it to the hotseat on my last trip in 2001.
I actually made it all the way to the $250,000 question before I bombed out ("Who wrote the ________ Tracy comic strip?").
Even though I was nervous, it was FUN!
The more questions I got right, the more nervous I got.

We'll be heading back to WDW in 2 weeks (YES!!!) and my kids are already ribbing me about winning a cruise.
I'm not sure I even want to try to get in the hotseat again... I feel like I've had my 15 minutes of "fame"... why ruin a good memory?

(Hey... I just previewed my post... apparently I should have used Mr. Tracy's full first name, Richard... His nickname was auto-censored)

thumper

I made it into the hotseat back in June '02. I literally surprised myself and my husband. I was sitting in the audience and there was already someone else in the hotseat. Throughout his progress up the points chart, they displayed a status board of where the top 10 people were in the audience. I was #8, which I thought was impressive enough! When the guy finally bombed at 1,000 points, the host says, "Let's see who our next contestant is". It was me, and I was nervous!

Long story short - I ended up starting my questions on the first show and the staff asked if I could stay and continue on the next show (which I did). I bombed at the 32,000 question which brought me back to 1,000 points. I won a lanyard, pins, and a hat. I think the estimated value of the prizes was around $67.50. I also had to sign a waiver saying I couldn't be in the hotseat for another 30 days.

It was fun, but VERY nerve-racking! It's not pleasant seeing your mug shot on 2 huge jumbo screens while you're in the hot seat..not to mention the fact that several hundred people are looking down on you! I was also teased about the fact that I'm from NY - at the time the top prize was a trip for 2 to New York City...But it was a fun experience!:D

mandib

Done it twice! Misses a question before I got to 32,000 both times. Not bad though for only being 14. Maybe one day I'll get that cruise that I want so badly! lol

KevinPage

Played this 19 or 20 times to date, still have just missed the seat, either by being in 2nd place or 1st place when the show ends or when I decide not to use my fastest finger combo and then realizing I should have (happened during Star Wars Millionaire, and I was peeved!)

I never made it, I swear the fastest finger questions where out to get me. The one time I actually knew the answers I spaced and just like stared at the screen.

DCA Fan

I've always made it to the #1,2,3 spots on the leaders board at the wrong times. I'm think that the computer wants to annoy me. :zipit:

magicjay1989

I have been in the hot seat twice. The first time I got to 1,000 points and blew the question and just got the button that says I was in the hot seat. The second time I had to stay for two shows got to the 32,000 question and missed that (I cant belive I missed a Harry potter question) and won the hat and pins. For some reson I can only get into the hot seat if im in seat 4 and my family is not there. The host always jokes about the fact Im by my self. (ex. Since your family didn't come to the show with you when you win that cruise you can tell them that they cant come on the cruise with you since they wouldn't come and help support you.)

aim

Original Poster
Wow, that's all neat everyone! My boyfriend is more of the shy type. They showed the top people when the other person was still in the hot seat, and it was him. We were all laughin and he was nervous, but wanted to do it. Then they showed it again when they needed a new person. We were laughing so hard. He has never been one to go in front of people like that. They asked where he was from and said Ohio and that he was there w/his girlfriend and her family. The host jumped on that. And started joking with him the whole time about being there (so far away from home) with my family and I. To make this long story short, the host kept joking the whole time. It was the funniest shows I have seen. And I've been to that show over 10 times! But he ended up getting the hat, pins, lanyard and also a bottle of water. He was so nervous and chugged down the cup of water they brought him a bottle! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom