Hopper Program

jcrb

Original Poster
Can anyone tell me about the collage internship program?

Also can you tell me about the hopper program for intern? Hopper Program is you spend one month at each park?

One Last thing is intering still doing shadowing?

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Originally posted by jcrb
Can anyone tell me about the collage internship program?

The college program is a program in which student from universities across th US work @ WDW for an alloted time period (anywhere from 3 months to a year). They will work in a starting hourly position within the resort, with advanced (non-management salaried, office & technical and other advanced hourly positions in WDW) positions available upon the completion of a first program

Also can you tell me about the hopper program for intern? Hopper Program is you spend one month at each park?

I've never heard of this program. If what you're referring to is a rescue ranger, they are statused to epcot and are trained in several roles (merch, food, custodial, fastpass, 1 or more attractions, NO ENTERTAINMENT) from which they are cross-deployed within Epcot. However, CM's are eligible to gain additional hours throughout WDW by calling an extra-hours hotline.

One Last thing is intering still doing shadowing?
yes. Any CM wishing to shadow management or an advanced position may do so by speaking to their direct management

TURKEY

Program in General and Length:

You may have received another email from our team explaining that due to
the
popularity of the SUMMER ONLY program to our Alumni, we have held these
positions exclusively for WDW College Program Alumni for this up-coming
Summer 2002. I wanted to send you a personal email to let you know when
I
would be on your campus!

I am a campus representative for the College Program. This email is from my Disney recruiter. I received the same statement from WDW College Program as well. For non-alumni, you must choose from Spring (Jan. - May.), Spring Advantage (Jan. - Aug.), Fall (Aug. - Jan.), Fall Advantage (May - Jan.). These dates are approximations. If accepted you have the choice of your arrival and departure dates.

Check out wdwcollegeprogram.com for more information or PM me.

Hopper role:

Hoppers

In this role you may experience more than one working environment within any one day, week, or month. This means that you will either "hop" to different locations within the same line of business (for example, you might be a Quick-Service Food and Beverage hopper and work in a variety of restaurants), or you may be able to experience more than one role (for example, you may work in both merchandise and quick-service foods). If you enjoy change and are able to adapt to it well, then this could be a great fit for you. Some of the benefits of this role include the opportunity to network with a diverse group of leaders and teams as well as the opportunity to develop time-management skills.

This is taken from the CP website mentioned above. From talking with my recruiter, wdwcp officials, and the reading, a person is stationed at one park and will not go from park to park, but can work at different places in a certain park.

I have also been told that you will only be trained in one role now (food, merch, attractions).

Shadowing:

Shadowing is still an option. However, CP's are strongly encouraged to attend Career Insights before trying to shadow. In my experience, it was easier to shadow after attending a Career Insight.

Like I said, check out the website or private message me with any more questions.

Lhriangel

Hey I was actually one of those Rescue Rangers at Epcot :). I'll tell you about the program when I was there and how I was told they were going to change it... (and since it's late I'll give you the Reader's Digest version and if you want to talk to me about it you can IM me)

My program: I was trained in Food and Bev and Merch (some were trained in Custodial but not many). I did almost anything at Epcot. I also did Food and Wine festival and Doll and Teddybear Weekend.

New program: trained in ONE of the three major lines of buisness and ONE attraction. That should be interesting.

I hope I could have helped it. I LOVED the position.. but you have to learn how to adapt and work with different management quickly...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom