Hoping to be in MK for NYE

DVC91

Hey all!

So the title states the overall subject of the post, but I am looking for a little advice.

I will be in Florida for a wedding this week and I will not be staying on Disney property. Since I'll be here for the new year, I wanted to scratch one off the bucket list and get myself into Magic Kingdom for New Year's Eve. A tall task, I'm sure, so I'm wondering what the situation is like in the early morning. How early should I get there to prevent being turned away during even the first phase of closures, etc.?

Any and all good advice would be welcomed and much appreciated!!

Thanks
Ian

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
It has been several years and we were always staying on sight. We went about 2pm. It was crazy nuts in the MK. The lines for everything we beyond ridiculous. We've done a great deal of gawking as the nights wore on. We did things like Tiki, Small World, Pirates. During the day we have gone to Tom Sawyer Island. We played with the rifles in Frontierland, saw Country Bears. Lots of little stuff as the crowds built. We eat from the carts as all the restaurants were crazy busy and guests lingered at tables and have taken the hotdogs on the Liberty Boat. The fireworks is amazing though and a great way to ring in the New Year. We leave the park and go out toward the ferry dock. Plenty of room to stand and a nice view of most of the fireworks minus anything directly on the castle, worth the trade off for us cause we were not likely to see it over all the smooshed in people. When it is all over we are already out of the park and able to board a bus out of the crazy mass exit. It really is a cool experience and not nearly as crazy as the year we rang in the New Year for the new millennium at Epcot. That whole trip that year was insane.

Upvote 0

awheartsdw

Glad to hear you made it! I just saw that the park reached capacity about a half an hour ago! We did Disney during the holidays two years ago and spent NYE at Epcot. It was amazing and definitely a night to remember. Have a wonderful time today!

Upvote 0

sgtmgd

UPDATE:

I appreciate the info and words of wisdom! The lady and I made it through the morning frenzy at the TTC and have made it into the park! Wait times are already astronomical, but I suppose there is no rush. Happy New Year to all!!

Already closed to capacity lol we were there 2 years ago but opted to hang out a Holly Wood Studios all day/night..it was a zoo as well.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom