Hoop de doo and aloha dinner shows...

grim-grinning_toast

Neither are amazing for vegetarians, just putting it out there! But the show for Hoop De Doo is a LOT of fun, and very funny if, like @CaptainAmerica said, you're into goofy humor. The Aloha dinner show is very pretty and relaxing and the food I could eat was very good. You'll have fun at both!

Upvote 0

lunchbox1175

I would say both are pretty equal, and neither is amazing, but both can be fun, I found we paid a little more attention to the show at HDDR, but had great family time conversations at Aloha.

Upvote 0

lostpro9het

Boom, vegetarian:
the-hoop-dee-doo-revue.jpg

Upvote 0

Tinkerbella16

Hoop Dee Doo is a must do! Spirt of Aloha is not... it was a one and done, boring show and food was nothing special either. HDDR is one of the dining experiences each trip that I look forward to the most. The show is great and the food is good. We always do either Category 1 or 2 at the 6:15pm show. We love it!

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

I tell first timers... Hoop de Doo is a must see, a show they will have fun watching, most likely will want to see again on a return trip. Aloha is a show you might consider seeing, it is OK to experience it once, to say you did it, but probably wont be impressed enough to see it again. HDD food is good, Aloha food is consistently reviewed by guests as poor. Entertainment and cost value HDD has Aloha beat. Only downside of HDD I have is the photo pitch you go through.

Upvote 0

SeanWM48

big fan of HDD and glad so many others seem to agree. have not seen aloha though so i can't offer the best opinion on a comparison. i do find that it was worth the cost, at least once, maybe not something you do every time you visit but i've never regretted paying extra for a dinner/show

big plus to HDD is that you can head over to the campground before the show and hang out, they have a beach and store ("trading post") right nearby. crockett's tavern is serving drinks outside and inside if you want one pre-show. that whole area is done up nice and really has that campground theme nailed down.

Upvote 0

bethymouse

HDD is hilarious and fun. It is an interactive show. We went for my sons' 6th birthday and the cast members were wonderful! We even had Cat 3 seating up in the balcony, and the characters still interacted with us.:D The Luau is a good show ( 2nd 1/2) with the fire dancer and real Hawaiin dancing. The 1st half of the show is too corny for me. But, the food is decent. My husband preferred the good old fashioned BBQ at HDD. You should experience both shows at some point. Did you ever think about Mickey's Backyard BBQ with characters?:D

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom