Hong Kong DL Preview Center photos

jrriddle

Phase 2

Al's got an article today about Phase 2 rumors.
http://www.miceage.com/allutz/al081304a.htm

- It's a Small World
- Haunted Mansion (Jungle Version?)
- Pirates of the Caribbean with a Splash Mountain drop at the end of the ride

Well it's better then what they are starting out with.
Al says it depends how the park does.
I'm still not sure where they will put new attractions.
Unless the maps that are on the web are out of scale.

7L-WDW

From what I'm told they seem to be planing additional rides to plump Hk up ... Did they build Tower of Terror at SP yet ! O well ill be there in January..

hkajenny

Will the phase 2 complete before the Park open in 2005 ?
i am interesting about the new vision of Haunted Mansion and the
Pirates of the Caribbean !!
these are some photos of the Fantasy Land ...
http://disneytheque.free.fr/hong kong disneyland/mars2004/pages/fantasyland03.htm
http://disneytheque.free.fr/hong kong disneyland/mars2004/pages/fantasyland02.htm

i can see Construction of the Mad Hatter' S Tea Cups and Dumbo are going on
but i can't see any area for the HTM and Pirates of the Caribbean...@@''

jrriddle

hkajenny said:
Will the phase 2 complete before the Park open in 2005 ?
i am interesting about the new vision of Haunted Mansion and the
Pirates of the Caribbean !!
these are some photos of the Fantasy Land ...
http://disneytheque.free.fr/hong kong disneyland/mars2004/pages/fantasyland03.htm
http://disneytheque.free.fr/hong kong disneyland/mars2004/pages/fantasyland02.htm

i can see Construction of the Mad Hatter' S Tea Cups and Dumbo are going on
but i can't see any area for the HTM and Pirates of the Caribbean...@@''

Pirates of the Caribbean, It's a small World and Haunted Mansion won't be built until after the park is opened for a while.
Start looking for them around 2010. :)

jrriddle

7L-WDW said:
From what I'm told they seem to be planing additional rides to plump Hk up ... Did they build Tower of Terror at SP yet ! O well ill be there in January..

No ToT in Paris yet. In fact it's still only a rumor.

cherrynegra

Original Poster
jrriddle said:
Pirates of the Caribbean, It's a small World and Haunted Mansion won't be built until after the park is opened for a while.
Start looking for them around 2010. :)

Ugh...so depressing. Soooooooooo depressing. :hammer:

DarkMeasures

Well Hong Kong's Pirates is going to be godly compared to any other Pirates attraction every built. That itself will make it worth going to HKDL. But because Disney seems to be aiming so low and if the park is successful, the lines will be atrocius.

jrriddle

What other attraction(s) would you add to Phase two?

I would add:
*Indy (great for a park with such a large Adventureland)
*A few more Fantasyland darkrides (Peter Pan, Snow White, Pinnochio,Little Mermaid darkride)
*Stitch's Great Escape
*Raging Spirit/DLP's Indy Coaster (the park only has Space Mountain, with no Frontierland- no BTMR. The park needs another coaster)

Of course I don't think the park is big enough for all of this.

cherrynegra

Original Poster
jrriddle said:
What other attraction(s) would you add to Phase two?

I would add:
*Indy (great for a park with such a large Adventureland)
*A few more Fantasyland darkrides (Peter Pan, Snow White, Pinnochio,Little Mermaid darkride)
*Stitch's Great Escape
*Raging Spirit/DLP's Indy Coaster (the park only has Space Mountain, with no Frontierland- no BTMR. The park needs another coaster)

Of course I don't think the park is big enough for all of this.

Yeah!!! Me likey when we play "I wish..." Let's see, I would add the following:

*Mulan dark ride or a Mulan version of the Indy attraction
*Darkrides: (I want to stray from the tried and tested.) New version of Alice in Wonderland, Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast,
*Great Muppet Movie ride.
*Water ride themed to the Emperor's New Groove. I believe someone has posted a version of this over in the imagineer threads
*I would add another coaster themed to Tron or The Black Hole.

Different? Yes, but that way you can stray from the original source and blow everyone away.

jrriddle

cherrynegra said:
Yeah!!! Me likey when we play "I wish..." Let's see, I would add the following:

*Mulan dark ride or a Mulan version of the Indy attraction
*Darkrides: (I want to stray from the tried and tested.) New version of Alice in Wonderland, Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast,
*Great Muppet Movie ride.
*Water ride themed to the Emperor's New Groove. I believe someone has posted a version of this over in the imagineer threads
*I would add another coaster themed to Tron or The Black Hole.

Different? Yes, but that way you can stray from the original source and blow everyone away.

I didn't think not having a Frontierland was that big a deal. But you lose BTM, Splash Mtn, Country Bears, River Boats.
And the design of Tomorowland doesn't lend itself to any sort of a Nemo/20K theme (my personal favorite).
It's kind of limited.
Good call on Mulan, didn't even think of the obvious.
The Beauty & Beast. Do you mean the Paris version or something new?

cherrynegra

Original Poster
jrriddle said:
I didn't think not having a Frontierland was that big a deal. But you lose BTM, Splash Mtn, Country Bears, River Boats.
And the design of Tomorowland doesn't lend itself to any sort of a Nemo/20K theme (my personal favorite).
It's kind of limited.
Good call on Mulan, didn't even think of the obvious.
The Beauty & Beast. Do you mean the Paris version or something new?

Ummm...I think something new for B&B. However, I would not be adverse to the one they planned for DLP.

cherrynegra

Original Poster
Wouldn't it be refreshing to have a Disney park with completely different attractions? That would be soooo cool. :sohappy:

DarkMeasures

cherrynegra said:
Wouldn't it be refreshing to have a Disney park with completely different attractions? That would be soooo cool. :sohappy:

That was what most of the Magic Kingdom was supposed to be. But too many customer complaints lead to many similiar rides.

gardabble

jrriddle said:
- It's a Small World
- Haunted Mansion (Jungle Version?)
- Pirates of the Caribbean with a Splash Mountain drop at the end of the ride

Well it's better then what they are starting out with.
Al says it depends how the park does.
I'm still not sure where they will put new attractions.
Unless the maps that are on the web are out of scale.
Remember Phase 1 is only 1/2 the park. There will be more land reclaimation for Phase 2 (aka piling more dirt into the sea to make more land) when that project starts up. That is how Disney will expand the park area. Tokyo Disneyland is all land reclaimation. That's how Tokyo Disneyland expanded Disney Sea cuz they built more land on top of an area that was originally part of the sea.

jrriddle

gardabble said:
Remember Phase 1 is only 1/2 the park. There will be more land reclaimation for Phase 2 (aka piling more dirt into the sea to make more land) when that project starts up. That is how Disney will expand the park area. Tokyo Disneyland is all land reclaimation. That's how Tokyo Disneyland expanded Disney Sea cuz they built more land on top of an area that was originally part of the sea.
Oh I agree, Phase Two is clearly marked on every map I've seen. But I believe Phase Two will be a second park and more hotels. Phase one is clearly marked out as a Disneyland park. The Phase 2 I mention is more attractions to be added to the Phase One Disneyland park.
The map I refer to shows the Disneyland park with a railroad around the park. My concern is inside that boundry there is only so much room to build new attractions.
There will be land reclaimation as you mention. But I would think that would be for a new park and more hotels.
(I hope this makes sense, I've been out with clients all night and my head is swimming just a bit :dazzle: ).

BTW: Welcome to the boards! :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom