Honeymooning at WDW is Victoria & Albert'so worth it?

HoneyBee1991

Original Poster
We will be Honeymooning in December 2018 in Orlando. I am a big foodie and my maid of honor is an executive Chef. This is exactly the kind of food I love!

My fiance, yeah not so much. He likes meat and potatoes. Not veggies, little fruit and doesn't even like condiments. He drinks Mt.Dew and milk and occasionally water. The man has zero taste in food IMHO.

Would it still be worth it to go here as a romantic diner date? Or am I wasting money because he will might hate it?

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions!

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
We will be Honeymooning in December 2018 in Orlando. I am a big foodie and my maid of honor is an executive Chef. This is exactly the kind of food I love!

My fiance, yeah not so much. He likes meat and potatoes. Not veggies, little fruit and doesn't even like condiments. He drinks Mt.Dew and milk and occasionally water. The man has zero taste in food IMHO.

Would it still be worth it to go here as a romantic diner date? Or am I wasting money because he will might hate it?

We did the same thing on our honeymoone back in the day. Im like your fiance. I hated it. We dont drink wine and when we told the server we would not be doing wine pairings, service level dropped. Hated the experience and wont go back. Now if fancy food and snooty service is your thing. Go for it

HoneyBee1991

Original Poster
We did the same thing on our honeymoone back in the day. Im like your fiance. I hated it. We dont drink wine and when we told the server we would not be doing wine pairings, service level dropped. Hated the experience and wont go back. Now if fancy food and snooty service is your thing. Go for it

They were nice at first until you didn't want a wine pairing? That doesn't seem nice and "Disney" level of customer service. Although I have to say my worst dining experience ever, anywhere was at Epcot. Tried to have a romantic one year anniversary at restaurant marrakesh. Worst customer service ever. We should have just went to the local olive garden lol. We had our best customer service at one of the Orlando Olive Garden's of all places.

I enjoyed it on our honeymoon in 2014! We didn't do a wine pairing, but I thought the service was great. My DH wanted a Heineken, which they went to Citricos next door to get.

My DH is a very boring eater and probably would not have enjoyed the food. But he was sick, and couldn't taste anything, so he ended up thinking it was great. I think he would have liked the experience even if he wasn't sick.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member

We've been many times, and I will say that regardless of how he feels beforehand - he will love it. The food is out of this world. Just remember that it is a dining experience, not just a meal. Ours has never been less than 3 hours, and a few over 4.

I am also a meat and potatoes kinda guy, but have turned into a complete foodie. If you can, try to each order different things for each course, and then share. It is worth every penny.

While it is more expensive, I would recommend trying to get the Chef's Table, since you will be on your honeymoon. You will have to call them at 180 days to get it, so you might have to be a bit flexible on exactly which day. Don't call Disney Dining - call them direct at 407.939.3862. Good luck!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom