Honeymoon Resort!

Daniella

Original Poster
Hello!
My fiancee and I just purchased DVC and we are so excited! It took months and months of convincing hahahahha! We will be getting married in April, and going on our honeymoon May 1st to maximize our points during dream season! I would love some opinions! We will have 140 points available. We can stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge value accommodations for 10 nights and it would cost us 106 points so we could bank 34 points to use in 2018; or we could do 10 nights at The Boardwalk and buy 6 points! Any pros/cons or previous experiences you have would be so appreciated!!!! :)

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Hello!
My fiancee and I just purchased DVC and we are so excited! It took months and months of convincing hahahahha! We will be getting married in April, and going on our honeymoon May 1st to maximize our points during dream season! I would love some opinions! We will have 140 points available. We can stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge value accommodations for 10 nights and it would cost us 106 points so we could bank 34 points to use in 2018; or we could do 10 nights at The Boardwalk and buy 6 points! Any pros/cons or previous experiences you have would be so appreciated!!!! :)
We have stayed at both and for that, we would choose Boardwalk, though we do love AKL as well. We'll be at Kidani in a savannah view in a few months.

DisDadWoz

Both resorts are great but I would pick BWV as there is just so much happening around the resort to enjoy. If you're just looking for peace then I would go with AKL. You'll have fun either way. Plus, can you borrow 6 points from following year rather than buying them?

Daniella

Original Poster
Both resorts are great but I would pick BWV as there is just so much happening around the resort to enjoy. If you're just looking for peace then I would go with AKL. You'll have fun either way. Plus, can you borrow 6 points from following year rather than buying them?

I never even considered that! See I am a newbie! hahahahah :)

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
Be prepared, the Boardwalk rooms are kind of dinky and bland compared to AKL. Yeah, there is more to do at Boardwalk at night but it is also not nearly as peaceful as AKL. The wife and I decided to try the Boardwalk last year and have decided to not stay there again. There is way too much hustle and bustle going on versus other DVC Resorts.

Donfan

Yes, AKL will be more peaceful, but consider what that means. There is not a whole lot else to do near there. Everything is at least a bus ride away, some of them fairly long. At the Boardwalk, there are the restaurants and shops at the Boardwalk itself; EPCOT and the Studios are both a short walk away; there are several other resorts within walking distance if you get tired of restaurants on the Boardwalk. You won't want to spend all day in the room for 10 days, even if it is smaller than some, even on your Honeymoon.

mouse_luv

AKL (Kidani) is our home and I don't stay there w/o a pool or savannah view. And don't believe the claims of it being a very long bus ride to the Parks, I've proved in several other threads that it is not. AKL is very unique and serene, but I would not do a value there which would put you in very small accomodations at Jambo and usually a not so great view. The BWV's are louder and more hustle bustle and an easy 15 or so minute walk to EPCOT/DHS. So, it's really up to you. I hope you have a wonderful trip no matter what you choose! :D

Daniella

Original Poster
AKL (Kidani) is our home and I don't stay there w/o a pool or savannah view. And don't believe the claims of it being a very long bus ride to the Parks, I've proved in several other threads that it is not. AKL is very unique and serene, but I would not do a value there which would put you in very small accomodations at Jambo and usually a not so great view. The BWV's are louder and more hustle bustle and an easy 15 or so minute walk to EPCOT/DHS. So, it's really up to you. I hope you have a wonderful trip no matter what you choose! :D

We are not too worried about bus rides we have stayed at Jambo house a few times and the buses were never an issue! I think we are leaning towards this option! Our guide told us the only difference between value and standard was which floor you were located so I am very grateful for you sharing your experience! :):):)

mouse_luv

We are not too worried about bus rides we have stayed at Jambo house a few times and the buses were never an issue! I think we are leaning towards this option! Our guide told us the only difference between value and standard was which floor you were located so I am very grateful for you sharing your experience! :):):)
Your guide is incorrect on one point. The value villas are smaller than the standard villas.

Daniella

Original Poster
Your guide is incorrect on one point. The value villas are smaller than the standard villas.
Do you know about how much smaller? We have never stayed in a villa before this will be our first time but we have stayed in a Savannah view room at Jambo...is it smaller than that? So glad I have all this expert help:):D:):D

Last edited:

mouse_luv

Do you know about how much smaller? We have never stayed in a villa before this will be our first time but we have stayed in a Savannah view room at Jambi...is it smaller than that? So glad I have all this expert help:):D:):D
Yes it's smaller than your last room at Jambo. I'll have to get you the measurements later as I'm replying mobile rn. The value villas are at Jambo and they are converted hotel rooms, unlike the standard rooms etc that are dedicated villas.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Do you know about how much smaller? We have never stayed in a villa before this will be our first time but we have stayed in a Savannah view room at Jambo...is it smaller than that? So glad I have all this expert help:):D:):D
The value rooms are 316 sq ft, and the regular villa rooms are 365 sq ft. 40 sq ft might not seem like a lot, but it can be.

PineapplePrincess

I am a fan of split stays. It makes it feel like two separate vacations. The resort will move your luggage for you, so if you don't mind packing in the middle of your trip, it's an option. We have stayed at both resorts. AKL is more romantic, and BW is more fun, IMO.

dreamfinder

It will depend on the room you had previously. Since the DVC units were all converted hotel rooms, some were smaller than others. Basically you lose the extra sleeper chair worth of space. I think the room ends up being like 4 feet shorter.

One point that could render this conversation moot is that the AKL Value units usually book up right at the 11 month window. So the dates you are talking about are already pretty much booked. Just took a look, and only 3 nights (all non consecutive) available that first week, and only 7 nights (once again, all non consecutive) available the entire month of May. Ditto with the standard studio at BWV that same time, lots of nights fully booked. You can still get other class studios at those resorts, and then try to waitlist, but alot of this also depends on what resort you bought at. The 7 month window opens on Oct 1, so you want to make up your mind ASAP and get that request in on the 1st.

Daniella

Original Poster
I am a fan of split stays. It makes it feel like two separate vacations. The resort will move your luggage for you, so if you don't mind packing in the middle of your trip, it's an option. We have stayed at both resorts. AKL is more romantic, and BW is more fun, IMO.
Never considered this!!!! :rolleyes::D

Daniella

Original Poster
It will depend on the room you had previously. Since the DVC units were all converted hotel rooms, some were smaller than others. Basically you lose the extra sleeper chair worth of space. I think the room ends up being like 4 feet shorter.

One point that could render this conversation moot is that the AKL Value units usually book up right at the 11 month window. So the dates you are talking about are already pretty much booked. Just took a look, and only 3 nights (all non consecutive) available that first week, and only 7 nights (once again, all non consecutive) available the entire month of May. Ditto with the standard studio at BWV that same time, lots of nights fully booked. You can still get other class studios at those resorts, and then try to waitlist, but alot of this also depends on what resort you bought at. The 7 month window opens on Oct 1, so you want to make up your mind ASAP and get that request in on the 1st.
Oh no! I will be sure to be on the phone first thing Oct 1st!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom