Honeymoon registry

GrimGrinningGhost15

Original Poster
Has anyone ever used the honeymoon registry through HoneymoonWishes? Thoughts, opinions, pros/cons? We are thinking about doing our honeymoon as WDW and it would be really awesome to have parts of that paid for as a gift. I know some people that love it, and some people that think its really impersonal and weird... I would say its just the same as giving money as a gift!

belledream

We were also considering this and decided against it. While it seems to be an easier/less bold way of asking for money instead of gifts, they take something like a 7% cut of the monetary value. We just felt that wasn't worth it when we could just hint to people that we'd *happily accept* Disney Gift Cards in place of a gift. This allowed us to create a small, normal registry and include the option of gift cards in case people actually got the hint! We'll see how it works out. :p

Disnee4Me

Best bet would be having your wedding guests purchase Disney gift cards .... BJs Wholesale offers a $100 gift card for $96 and the Target Redcard (?) offers a $100 gift card for $95. The $4 or $5 they save they can buy the wedding greeting card with.:greedy:

PeoplemoverTTA

We did this - we got around $900 from it. I was surprised so many people were excited to give us gifts here. It was awesome, honestly. A nice surprise. I think people found it more special to "choose" an activity for our honeymoon as a gift rather than just give a gift card.

wdwstateofmind

We got married and used it in 2013 for our Honeymoon Cruise. I don't know if it was because I was 30 already so it was mostly an older crowd but it was a hit and people actually told us how the liked it as opposed to buying us silverware they already know we have. Everyone else pretty much paid for our western Caribbean cruise and if you have money left over they just deposit it into your checking account. We only had around 75 people at our wedding and the registry garnished a little over 13% of our total gifts, which if it's your only registry, is pretty good.

Someone brought up a 7% but they give you the option of absorbing it yourself or passing it on. We passed it on and it seemed to be no problems.

DisneyPrincess5

Like @belledream , we chose not to go this route due to the 7%. Also, we had researched it for a while and didn't stumble across the charge at first which kind of turned us off to it, like they were hiding it. We ended up doing a regular but very limited gift registry along with opening it up to accepting monetary gifts and honestly, people preferred it to going out and purchasing, then wrapping a gift. Very happy we didn't do the registry.

Good luck deciding and let us know what happens!

SamandChel

We did a registry and on the registry put Disney giftcards. Also used parents and close friends to spread the word. Many people gave us a gift with a small amount of cash. Another thing was the shower host put out a "registry" that included certain honeymoon items in the shower invites. Ie

California Grill Dinner for Bride & Groom -$150.00

One Night Hotel Stay -$250

Wild Africa Trek Tour -$200

Etc including small and large gifts. lots of people liked the ability to choose what their money went towards since it made it a personalized gift. Worked really well. No bad comments even from the people you would expect them from hahaha. And no fees.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom