Pre-Trip Honeymoon Pre-Trip Report Updated:

August 23 at Centennial Park in Nashville Tennessee my amazing boyfriend and best friend, Andrew, asked me to spend my life with him. That was an easy decision, of course I said yes! Second easiest decision...where to go for our honeymoon, DISNEY!!!! He is not sold. He doesn't get my crazy, obsessive love for Disney World (or football teams), but he agreed to my choice for honeymoon destination at least. :) So the planning phase is in full force. The date is set. The wedding will be held in my hometown of Birmingham on April 18 and we will leave for Disney the following day. We are looking at Moderate Resorts, I've stayed and POR and loved it so that may be my first choice. POFQ and Coronado are also in the running for our magical week. I'm up for any advice or suggestions on this! Dining has not been chosen yet either, so that is something else I'll be considering. I want at least one Signature. As I said all advice welcome!!! :)

Bama14

Original Poster
We somewhat have a plan/dining plan laid out. I think we have settled on POR
Sunday: Probably do a quick service since we are driving down and don't want to be stressed about time and head to Magic Kingdom
Monday: Morning at Typhoon Lagoon (neither of us have ever been and I see a lot of good reviews from other trip reports) Evening at Hollywood Studios with dinner at Sci Fi (Andrew loves the theme at this restaurant so we had to add it.)
Tues: Animal Kingdom and dinner at Ohana, maybe watch fireworks on the beach
Wed: Hollywood in the morning, Epcot that afternoon with dinner at Coral Reef or Chefs de France (I've never been to Chefs de france so someone warn me if it is not good!)
Thurs: I have NEVER tried Tonga Toast so Kona for breakfast, maybe back to Epcot or MK and then either Citricos or Narcosees for dinner (This is where I really need advice! Which one guys?)
Friday: We have to finish our trip at Magic Kingdom where hopefully we can score reservations at Be our Guest (fingers crossed!)

mrdrift

Congrats on the wedding announcement :p. Hope you can get all your ADR's and FP's that you want on your Honeymoon. Will be watching for the trip report and have a magical time.

Bama14

Original Poster
I can't wait to do my first trip report! :) I'm stalking everyones right now. They are so fun to read and makes me feel like I'm back home! :)
Congrats on the wedding announcement :p. Hope you can get all your ADR's and FP's that you want on your Honeymoon. Will be watching for the trip report and have a magical time.

Bama14

Original Poster
Waiting for Disney trips is tedious, but there is one thing that always helps the long wait. The day that I reach that 180 days out mark and can at last start making dining reservations. Well that day finally came and the reservations are finally done! I can finally say we have a plan. Only thing is that I wish our trip was a bit longer. I go to Disney nearly every year with my son, and our trips are at least seven days. Andrew was a bit reluctant on the idea of a Disney honeymoon, as I said before, he has only been to Disney as a kid when his family would take very rushed day trips. That is how he sees Disney now, very rushed and exhausting. He started this trip planning process saying we could go for two or three days! I don't know if I managed to make him understand the error of his ways, but I did get him up to six days (though Sunday we will not get there until late afternoon at least). I'm excited, evened with a shortened trip. I'll be at my favorite place in the world with my best friend and wonderful, brand new husband. It should definitely be a magical week! So here are reservations for the week.

Sunday: No reservations- We are driving in from Birmingham, and I'm not sure how early I can convince him to get up. We will check in to POFQ, hopefully no later than four, check out the hotel and then head to MK. I wish MK still had the extra magic hours on Sunday though! Definite plans to watch Wishes this night. Andrew has never stayed for fireworks at the parks before!
Monday: We'll go to Typhoon Lagoon that morning, head back for some time to rest at the resort, and then head to Hollywood Studios for the evening. Reservations at Sci-Fi. Ok, yes I know this is not the most romantic, honeymoonish restaurant at Disney, however, Andrew loves old and new Sci-Fi movies and I think he'll like the theme there a lot.
Tuesday: We will have breakfast at Kona Cafe, I never have tried the Tonga toast that everyone raves about and it is on my must do for this trip! Then head to Animal Kingdom for the day. Dinner at 'Ohana. I've heard great things about this place and look forward to trying it. I also look forward to trying a Lapu Lapu (something I could never do on mother/son trips) :)
Wednesday: This will be an Epcot day ( though I'm a little sad that my Maelstrom is no more, I LOVE this park!) Reservations at Coral Reef for dinner
Thursday: Back to Hollywood Studios to do what we didn't get to on Monday night, we have Park Hopper so we may or may not go to another park afterwards. Dinner reservations at Narcoosees
Friday: I must always begin and end at the Magic Kingdom. I was worried that it was going to be hard to get reservations to, but the hype over Be Our Guest must have died down a lot now. I had no trouble finding any time I wanted.
Saturday: :( The day I must once again say goodbye to my beloved Disney, BUT I get to start my new life with my new husband in the real, though a little less magical world. Andrew and I have an every other year deal for visiting Disney so after this trip, I won't see it again until 2017. I will have to read others trip reports to get my fix!

So that is the plan. I am now 174 days out from my wedding, still so long. Until then I am enjoying reading about everyone else's magical Disney vacations!

coachwnh

Waiting for Disney trips is tedious, but there is one thing that always helps the long wait. The day that I reach that 180 days out mark and can at last start making dining reservations. Well that day finally came and the reservations are finally done! I can finally say we have a plan. Only thing is that I wish our trip was a bit longer. I go to Disney nearly every year with my son, and our trips are at least seven days. Andrew was a bit reluctant on the idea of a Disney honeymoon, as I said before, he has only been to Disney as a kid when his family would take very rushed day trips. That is how he sees Disney now, very rushed and exhausting. He started this trip planning process saying we could go for two or three days! I don't know if I managed to make him understand the error of his ways, but I did get him up to six days (though Sunday we will not get there until late afternoon at least). I'm excited, evened with a shortened trip. I'll be at my favorite place in the world with my best friend and wonderful, brand new husband. It should definitely be a magical week! So here are reservations for the week.

Sunday: No reservations- We are driving in from Birmingham, and I'm not sure how early I can convince him to get up. We will check in to POFQ, hopefully no later than four, check out the hotel and then head to MK. I wish MK still had the extra magic hours on Sunday though! Definite plans to watch Wishes this night. Andrew has never stayed for fireworks at the parks before!
Monday: We'll go to Typhoon Lagoon that morning, head back for some time to rest at the resort, and then head to Hollywood Studios for the evening. Reservations at Sci-Fi. Ok, yes I know this is not the most romantic, honeymoonish restaurant at Disney, however, Andrew loves old and new Sci-Fi movies and I think he'll like the theme there a lot.
Tuesday: We will have breakfast at Kona Cafe, I never have tried the Tonga toast that everyone raves about and it is on my must do for this trip! Then head to Animal Kingdom for the day. Dinner at 'Ohana. I've heard great things about this place and look forward to trying it. I also look forward to trying a Lapu Lapu (something I could never do on mother/son trips) :)
Wednesday: This will be an Epcot day ( though I'm a little sad that my Maelstrom is no more, I LOVE this park!) Reservations at Coral Reef for dinner
Thursday: Back to Hollywood Studios to do what we didn't get to on Monday night, we have Park Hopper so we may or may not go to another park afterwards. Dinner reservations at Narcoosees
Friday: I must always begin and end at the Magic Kingdom. I was worried that it was going to be hard to get reservations to, but the hype over Be Our Guest must have died down a lot now. I had no trouble finding any time I wanted.
Saturday: :( The day I must once again say goodbye to my beloved Disney, BUT I get to start my new life with my new husband in the real, though a little less magical world. Andrew and I have an every other year deal for visiting Disney so after this trip, I won't see it again until 2017. I will have to read others trip reports to get my fix!

So that is the plan. I am now 174 days out from my wedding, still so long. Until then I am enjoying reading about everyone else's magical Disney vacations!
Love Narcoossee! You picked an excellent signature. Congratulations and best of luck.

Roll Tide!!!!

Bama14

Original Poster
I added the Memory Maker. I've never used this before so hopefully it will be worth it! At least I know with this I'll have some pictures without thumbs on the lens and red eyes for my first trip report! :)

CAPTAIN HOOK

Sunday: No reservations- We are driving in from Birmingham, and I'm not sure how early I can convince him to get up.
Firstly, I've no concept of where Birmingham is (I know there's one in Alabama, and there's one in the UK !!!) or how long the drive will take - but you have to get to WDW nice and early to enjoy your Honeymoon. Its not just another holiday, its a very special occasion so you have to make the most of it. Get Andrew reading these boards (if he's not doing so already).
Great selection of ADR's - enjoy

Bama14

Original Poster
Firstly, I've no concept of where Birmingham is (I know there's one in Alabama, and there's one in the UK !!!) or how long the drive will take - but you have to get to WDW nice and early to enjoy your Honeymoon. Its not just another holiday, its a very special occasion so you have to make the most of it. Get Andrew reading these boards (if he's not doing so already).
Great selection of ADR's - enjoy
Yes we are driving from Birmingham, Alabama, which about 9 1/2 hours. I think he wants to sleep in a little on Sunday to rest from the wedding day, which will be very hectic. Hopefully, I can get him up somewhat early! As for him reading the boards, it won't happen! He makes fun of me for doing it. He does not understand my love of "a children's amusement park" as he calls it! You can see I have my work cut out for me! Stay tuned for the trip report to see if we can change his mind! :)

Bama14

Original Poster
E26.jpg
Down to 157 days until the wedding (158 before Disney). I bought the dress at last! It was truly one of those love at first sight moments as soon as I tried it on. It is not an Alfred Angelo Disney dress, though I was supposed to have an appointment there next weekend. Canceling that because I found the one. I'm thinking about adding an "extra" like a fireworks cruise or dessert party. Any suggestions? I caught Andrew looking through one of my old Disney guides (from back when I really needed guides) the other night. I was happy to see that he is beginning to get a little (though he would never admit it) excited about our Disneymoon!

CAPTAIN HOOK

I caught Andrew looking through one of my old Disney guides (from back when I really needed guides) the other night. I was happy to see that he is beginning to get a little (though he would never admit it) excited about our Disneymoon!
157 days is plenty of time to convert him to a Disneyholic

abzoo

Congrats! Your plans look like a lot of fun. I'm glad you're getting Memory Maker. It really is great to have ride photos and videos automatically added to your account and all the other photopass pics as well!

Allym146

Congrats! We loved POFQ. My H loved Sci-fi at HS and says its a must do for future trips so I hope you're H loves it also! I'd be willing to bet that once he's there, taking it slow and enjoying all the things he never got to before that he will be converted;). Plus what better than to be there together!!

Bama14

Original Poster
Congrats! Your plans look like a lot of fun. I'm glad you're getting Memory Maker. It really is great to have ride photos and videos automatically added to your account and all the other photopass pics as well!
Good to know! I've never used any type of Disney photo plan. Your pictures with the plan were great though so I'm really glad we got it!

Bama14

Original Poster
Congrats! We loved POFQ. My H loved Sci-fi at HS and says its a must do for future trips so I hope you're H loves it also! I'd be willing to bet that once he's there, taking it slow and enjoying all the things he never got to before that he will be converted;). Plus what better than to be there together!!
I think I can convert him! I may need to borrow some pixie dust for him though! :)

Bama14

Original Poster
Sadly I got the news that POFQ was not included on this years discount for the spring due to its popularity. We decided to stick with it anyway, hoping maybe other people will move to different resorts that are included and it will be a little less crowded! Luckily, though it looks like crowd levels should not be too incredibly bad for the end of April so I'm not too worried about it either way. In other news, my not at Disney Disney wedding is coming along. I think I found my shoes. Ladies, let me know what you think!
il_fullxfull.553590580_21o4_large.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom