Honeymoon logistics

maelstrom98

Original Poster
I'm visiting WDW in November as part of a group of 8. I am getting married in September (woo!) and two other members of our group are getting married in October. While we are going on a honeymoon in September, the other couple cannot go on their honeymoon until the summer of 2015 because one of them is a teacher, so we've been joking around and calling this our group honeymoon. Here's my question:

I will likely make the phone call to book our rooms myself (Port Orleans-Riverside, hopefully!). I'm thinking it might be cute if I use my friend's married name when I book since I know she is taking her fiancé's last name. If I do that though, and she does not legally change it in time (which she probably won't), will she have any problems during check-in? I can't remember if they would even ask for her information, or if they would just ask for mine since the reservation will be under my name. Can anyone think of any other ways this might turn out to be a problem? Would hate to book it under the married name as a cute surprise and then have it turn out to be a major issue.

Thanks!

Sweet Melissa

I used my married name when we checked in for our wedding/honeymoon last November. I wasn't even legally married yet, but it didn't matter. It was really fun to see my new name on the room key. They put my annual pass in my new name too, even though it didn't match my ID at the time. It really only matters with the airline. Her plane tickets will definitely need to match her ID.

maelstrom98

Original Poster
Ok that's good to know. She's booking her own airline ticket anyway, but I'll probably use both of our married names on the package reservation then - thanks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom