Honeymoon Help

Summerland24

Original Poster
Hope I can get a little help from the pros and insiders

Me and my soon to be wife will be traveling to the world on Sept 19 and staying through to Oct 2. We are totally pumped about the trip we were last there in Jan 2005 and in DL in Aug 2006

What I need help with is all the little things that we might be able to do that add a little something to the trip to make it that much more special, make it a little different then if it were just another vacation
From reading the boards i have found
1. The Wishes boat Cruise
2. Bride.Groom mouse ears
3. backstage tours
4.carriage ride at Port Orleans

We will be staying on grounds, first at Port Orleans Riverside (where we stayed last time and loved it) and then moving to Caribean Beach for the last 6 nights

All and Any help would be greatly appreciated:wave:

E_Blackadder

This not necessarily an event, but for our honeymoon at the World I surprised my wife with a flower delivery. They came to our room while we were out for the day and set up a dozen white roses in a Cinderella vase with a small plush Mickey. It was a really big hit with her.

Gorjus

I hesitate to mention these. I don't want people knowing my secrets. One night, go to Fort Wilderness for the evening. Eat dinner at the Trail's End Buffeteria. Go to Crockett's and get a beverage of choice (adult or otherwise) and sit on the rocking chairs and relax until it is time for wishes at the Magic Kingdom. Find a spot on the beach ( a very short walk) and enjoy the fireworks together. :kiss: :animwink: Head back to Crockett's for another round until it is time for the Electrical Water Pagent. Then head back to the beach with another beverage to enjoy that.

And for goodness sake, don't miss the Food and Wine Fest at EPCOT!!!

Gorjus

snakeislandboy

Since my wife is a big Cinderella fan, I reserved us for two at Cinerdella's Royal Table. Let them know it is for your honeymoon and they will decorate your table and give you a special gift.

batman3101

Recent Honeymoon trip

I just spent my Honeymoon there and we had a wonderful time. Definitely wear the bride & groom ears and when you get into the park go to guest relations, tell them it's your honeymoon and the will give you a button to wear. You may get some bonuses such as free fastpasses and maybe a little extra interaction with the characters. But most of all be prepared to say thank you to the hundreds of people that will congratulate you on a daily basis. Oh yeah, and be sure to have a great time!!

natalia1681

What about going to the spa at the Grand Floridian? Are you or your soontobe wife into that? I have always wanted to try it, but can't ever pull myself away from the parks!

Just a thought!:wave:

KrazyKowboy

For the utmost in romance for honeymooner's, Victoria and Albert's is a must.

The Disney review:
Indulge your discriminating culinary tastes at this elite, intimate and elegant eatery recognized by the nation's top food critics. This very-special-occasion romantic Victorian retreat offers nightly harpists, lavish décor, personalized menus and a long-stem rose for each lady. An exceptional prix fixe menu paired with world-class wines is prepared daily. Luxury ingredients and sheer artistry make any meal here a memory to cherish.

polynesiangirl

This may be a bit predictable given my avatar, my screen name, and my love of the tropics (both real and Disney-fied,) but the beach at the Polynesian is a great place for nighttime walks. They've also got swings out there and hammocks. You can sit and watch the castle change color at night and/or watch the fireworks, it's pretty sweet. Also, it's free! Which is a nice bonus.

I don't know how necessarily "romantic" this is, but it is a little different than what some do at WDW - if you're not up for renting a boat for a nighttime cruise, even just renting a boat during the day can be fun. We often rent a pontoon and just go hang out floating around and getting really great shots of the castle/Mk hotels.

DiPSU224

We did the wishes cruise on our honeymoon and it was so romantic! Even though it was a bit pricey, it was a treat for us. We also did parasailing a few years ago that I thought was romantic as well. Being honeymooners in WDW is soo fun! You're so lucky you're staying for so many days!

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
When you check in, and when you make any dinner reservations, be sure to tell them that you are on your honeymoon. While not promising anything, there is magic to be had if they are made aware.

I will second a dinner at Victoria and Alberts. Not only will you have an unbelievable meal, but your menu is personalized to the event, so you will always have that as a memento.

Other restaurants that frequently do something special if they know it is your honeymoon/anniversary include Cinderella's castle and Artist Point (in WL)

Congratulations!

DFD111

First off, Congrats on your marriage. My wife and I will be celebrating our honeymoon from Sept. 22nd to Sept. 30th and staying at the CBR. We have PS Reservations at Cindys Royal Table, California Grill, plus we are doing the trail ride at FW.

SamatBCV

I will second a dinner at Victoria and Alberts. Not only will you have an unbelievable meal, but your menu is personalized to the event, so you will always have that as a memento.
Congratulations!

Congratulations!!!

I'll put in another recommendation for Victoria and Albert's (I took my wife there on our honeymoon)... Keep in mind though, it is VERY EXPENSIVE.

This may not be practical for a number of reasons, but I'd also recommend a Disney Cruise. If you've never been on a cruise but are open to it, it is a fun experience (just the three day and stay on the boat in Nassau). If money and time were no object and there are still openings on a cruise it would be a great surprise (assuming both of you don't mind cruises).

Summerland24

Original Poster
Top Notch ideas guys/gals..

Keep them coming!!! i wrote an email to disney asking them the same things and they responded with "while we cannot tell you what may be in store, there is always some new magic to find"

Ideas?:p

slk212

I was just at POR this past May and did not do the carriage ride personally
but was with a large group and a couple we were with wanted to do the
carriage ride and it books up very quickly. It does look "very romantic":animwink:
It might be worth your while if you really are interested in this to call
POR front desk and inquire about making a reservation if you are looking
to do that on a specific day instead of waiting till you are actually
there only to find out it is booked up for that night. Enjoy!

sbkline

In Biernbaum's book, I saw a picture of a bride and groom getting married in some kind of bubble stage coach or something. I know you will already be officially married by then, but just for the extra romance of it, perhaps you can see about repeating your vows in one of those things, in front of the castle at night.

I've thought about the wife and I doing that, like on our 10th anniversary or something. If we have the money by that time to go, since we'll probably have two or three kids by then. :lol:

You could call 1-407-828-3400 to inquire about WDW wedding info or 1-877-566-0969 for honeymoon package info. Or visit on the web at www.disneyweddings.com or www.disneyhoneymoons.com.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom