Pre-Trip 2 Broke Guys (now with Table of Contents!)

Important note: First post edited 7/13/17 to make this odyssey easier to follow!

The reason is I started this pre-trip report over a year ago to help plan our most important trip ever (so far) our 10 year wedding anniversary trip.

However, we have AP's, and we took many short "side-trips" along the way. Rather than creating so many Trip Report threads and looking like a total egomaniac, I just added those mini-TR's into this same thread.

People have said it was hard to follow (I can see that.) Someone suggested putting a "table of contents" in the beginning. So that's what I'm doing. Then you can skip to the pages with the other trip reports, or just read the ones pertaining to "the big one" coming up in early September, 2017.

I will post that trip report separately when it finally happens, but will of course link to it here.

Speaking of linking here, here's a little background. This old post details our vow renewals a few years ago, for a very specific reason. If you haven't read my other trip reports or interacted with me very much on the boards, it kind of sets the stage for what's to come. Here's that link:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...orporate-disney-into-your-vow-renewal.903761/

What follows is the original first post (from 2/11/16) of this long, long thread. At the end of it, I'll put the table of contents to guide you through the rest of the thread.

I am sitting here in a hotel in Tampa, just an hour away from "home." And I'm thinking about it LOL. Oh, am I thinking about it.

When I'm "home home" - in Fort Lauderdale, I never have time to do more than some quick posts because I am always busy with work.

This is going to be a long-@ss pre-trip report.

Not necessarily this first post, but the report as a whole - by necessity, since the trip isn't until early September 2017. And I know I can use some help and advice in putting this all together - it's a very special trip - and have already begun organizing my thoughts based on discussions on this forum.

The basic premise is this: We are going to spend our 10-year wedding anniversary celebration at WDW, with the centerpiece of that trip to be the biggest dinner we can afford at Victoria & Albert's (hopefully the chef's table.) One of the things we enjoy most about Disney in our forties are the amazing meals at places like the Flying Fish Cafe and the Yachtsman's Steakhouse. I expect this meal will be at least as mind-blowing, but probably more.

The catch is - it costs a freaking fortune (at least to us.) I'm estimating something like $600 to $800 when all is said and done(?) And there is no way I could justify spending that much money on one meal.

Except...we have the Disney Chase Visa card, and have come to rely on this for our last several trips. This has opened doors to new experiences that we couldn't afford before. Instead of getting a 4-day ticket, we started getting AP's. Instead of staying off property, we started staying at Disney Moderates. And loved it!

And - we have a year off (sort of) to save up for this magical trip and important celebration. For the last several years, we've been getting the Florida Resident Weekday Select Annual Pass every other year, never two years in a row. I think it's good to go away and miss it for awhile, especially with all the work being done. Stay away for a year and come back to lots of little surprises. (Like those metal detectors! Ha!) They're fine. Anyway, that's the responsible side of me to say we shouldn't spend that much money every year. (We really shouldn't.)

But the advantage of that in this case is to amass Disney Chase Visa card points for months on end (sort of.) We used up all the rest of our points on our last short trip in January of 2016. But then at the end of the month, we earned more money. It's just sitting there...LOL.

Well, I made a deal with myself - if I can save up that $700 or $800 just in Chase points, then I can justify booking that meal at Victoria & Albert's. So that is the first goal. I know somebody will tell me when is the first day I can book it, and I will make a note on my phone so I don't forget LOL.

Based on January rewards being $146.50, I'm thinking this should be cake. (Mmm...cake...)

I'm not saving up for this September, but next September 2017. Total cake, right?!

Then we have to figure out where to stay. I'd like it to be our first Deluxe (possibly on the special floor with the extra goodies) and probably our first DVC rental. DVC Upside - real cost is less. Downside - can't pay for it with Disney Chase dollars LOL. That is funny, but it is a real consideration.

There's the obvious choice - to stay in the Grand Floridian to be where Victoria & Albert's is.

I don't know if that would be my favorite place in general.

I think my favorite place might be the Polynesian - I like the food & the vibe - and the walking into MK. I think that's a must on this trip - have to be able to walk to somewhere. That would include all of the Boardwalk area properties, which are fine with me as well.

Or AK with the Savannah view.

Then there's the corny and sentimental way - 10 years ago, our honeymoon was to Key West. They have a Key West DVC hotel. We love Olivia's. Somehow it doesn't seem big deal enough or have something special like a footpath to MK lol.

At the very least, a monorail resort, even if not walking distance, would be preferred.

Then we have to figure out whether or not to bring the dog or leave her home, drive or fly, diet for 6 months for the pictures LOL. Maybe this one and only trip would be worth memory maker?

I want to really blow it out - something we will never forget. Go for the upgrades. Pick the right tour or tours. So much to discuss!!

I will end each post in this saga like the parodied "2 Broke Girls" TV show, with the dollar amount of whatever they have left or have made at the end of the show, so you can see where they are in their goal.

So for example, tonight's would be:

$146.50

I'll add in any WDW Gift Cards I might buy or receive in the next year as part of what's saved up for that trip. My free BJ's trial period just expired, so I won't be getting any discounted GC's from them.

Now - the potential issue: there is no way we are not going to go to Disney in some way until September of 2017. We are toying with skipping our usual January or April trip in order to go full-on crazy in September.

But we are also toying with things like my dilemma as I sit here in this hotel with all this time to type. We're less than an hour away. I told this story in more detail at the end of my last trip report thread, so I'll just make it very short: Brian is working in Tampa from the end of January until the middle of February (over three weeks.) Yesterday I packed up our pup and drove up to visit, with our Valentine's Day gifts in tow (mostly specialty sugar-free chocolate dipped pretzels potato chips, oreos, plus peppermint bark, etc. We know we won't see each other for Valentine's Day, so basically tomorrow is it, unless I stay until Saturday morning.

Since no WDW trip was planned, I did not bring either my Tables In Wonderland card, or my Chase rewards gift card. But I called, and confirmed I could go to Guest Services and get another gift card (which of course can be loaded automatically.) There's a nice lunch reservation open. There's a spot for the pup at Best Friends Pet Care for 1/2 day care.

On the one hand - this would be something like a 45 minute to 1 hour drive for Brian from 12:30 to 1:30 to go to a special Disney lunch at 1:50, hang out for a bit, and then drive back 45 minutes to an hour to go to work by 4PM until 4AM. (I would have my own car, spend more money buying Disney records for my record store after lunch, go pick up the dog, and drive home to Fort Lauderdale.)

The other option is to drop the pup off at Petco in Tampa for a shampoo, and then hurry to whatever local restaurant is near that Petco, and meh.

Who would ever forget picking up and driving to WDW just for lunch for Valentine's Day (early) There's a fun story to remember when we're in our 60's LOL.

But it would already deplete our current total towards our V&A goal:

$146.50

OK, that was the first post of this whole thing. Now here comes the table of contents. Separate trip reports will be listed in bold. Regular stuff won't.

Posts 1-11 planning.
Posts 12-18: "The Blip Report" - a spur of the moment, one day drive over to the Yacht Club for Valentine's Day lunch at Captain's Grille (with dog.)
Posts 19-70 planning.
Posts 71-199 (page 4) pre-trip (back pain) & TR for 3-day quickie in September 2016 for Food & Wine (no dog, meeting Tuvalu, car trouble LOL) (skip it if you're only in for the anniversary trip!)
Posts 200-210 stuff. (starts bottom of page 10)
Posts 211-258-ish (begins page 11) "micro-trip" - had to go back up to get our car, might as well visit the Mouse!
Posts 258-ish to 276 planning.
Posts 277-283 (page 14) Pre-trip for almost Christmas at Saratoga Springs
Posts 284-331 planning, chit-chat, Thanksgiving
Posts 332-380 (page 17) That almost Christmas trip at Saratoga Springs
Posts 381-392 (Page 20) mostly chit-chat
Posts 393-561 (starts on page 20) (Several short trips back and forth since Brian had sporadic work in Orlando - all with dog!) Including Flower & Garden, Tiffins, more Tiffins, Valentine's Day again, RoL, and to confuse things, somwhere around #522 I'm at WDW but also planning the September 2017 trip (it was the 180 day mark for ADR's!)
Posts 562-569 chit chat
Posts 570-605 (page 29) - omg another quickie trip, Paddlefish
Posts 606-614 chit chat
Posts 615-657 (page 31) omg another trip - Wishes at Cali Grill (our last time seeing it)
Posts 658-694 chit chat, Record Store Day, Nashville
Posts 695- serious September planning!!

Last edited:

bee

think my favorite place might be the Polynesian - I like the food & the vibe - and the walking into MK. I think that's a must on this trip - have to be able to walk to somewhere. That would include all of the Boardwalk area properties, which are fine with me as well
The Poly doesn't have a path to MK. :( You can walk to the TTC but you'll have to take a boat or monorail to the park. That said, it's one of my dream resorts as well for the same reasons you like it-the food and the vibe. I think you'd enjoy any of the Boardwalk area resorts too. Whatever you choose, it sounds like this will end up being an amazing trip!

Last edited:

BuddyThomas

I am sitting here in a hotel in Tampa, just an hour away from "home." And I'm thinking about it LOL. Oh, am I thinking about it.

When I'm "home home" - in Fort Lauderdale, I never have time to do more than some quick posts because I am always busy with work.

This is going to be a long-@ss pre-trip report.

Not necessarily this first post, but the report as a whole - by necessity, since the trip isn't until early September 2017. And I know I can use some help and advice in putting this all together - it's a very special trip - and have already begun organizing my thoughts based on discussions on this forum.

The basic premise is this: We are going to spend our 10-year wedding anniversary celebration at WDW, with the centerpiece of that trip to be the biggest dinner we can afford at Victoria & Albert's (hopefully the chef's table.) One of the things we enjoy most about Disney in our forties are the amazing meals at places like the Flying Fish Cafe and the Yachtsman's Steakhouse. I expect this meal will be at least as mind-blowing, but probably more.

The catch is - it costs a freaking fortune (at least to us.) I'm estimating something like $600 to $800 when all is said and done(?) And there is no way I could justify spending that much money on one meal.

Except...we have the Disney Chase Visa card, and have come to rely on this for our last several trips. This has opened doors to new experiences that we couldn't afford before. Instead of getting a 4-day ticket, we started getting AP's. Instead of staying off property, we started staying at Disney Moderates. And loved it!

And - we have a year off (sort of) to save up for this magical trip and important celebration. For the last several years, we've been getting the Florida Resident Weekday Select Annual Pass every other year, never two years in a row. I think it's good to go away and miss it for awhile, especially with all the work being done. Stay away for a year and come back to lots of little surprises. (Like those metal detectors! Ha!) They're fine. Anyway, that's the responsible side of me to say we shouldn't spend that much money every year. (We really shouldn't.)

But the advantage of that in this case is to amass Disney Chase Visa card points for months on end (sort of.) We used up all the rest of our points on our last short trip in January of 2016. But then at the end of the month, we earned more money. It's just sitting there...LOL.

Well, I made a deal with myself - if I can save up that $700 or $800 just in Chase points, then I can justify booking that meal at Victoria & Albert's. So that is the first goal. I know somebody will tell me when is the first day I can book it, and I will make a note on my phone so I don't forget LOL.

Based on January rewards being $146.50, I'm thinking this should be cake. (Mmm...cake...)

I'm not saving up for this September, but next September 2017. Total cake, right?!

Then we have to figure out where to stay. I'd like it to be our first Deluxe (possibly on the special floor with the extra goodies) and probably our first DVC rental. DVC Upside - real cost is less. Downside - can't pay for it with Disney Chase dollars LOL. That is funny, but it is a real consideration.

There's the obvious choice - to stay in the Grand Floridian to be where Victoria & Albert's is.

I don't know if that would be my favorite place in general.

I think my favorite place might be the Polynesian - I like the food & the vibe - and the walking into MK. I think that's a must on this trip - have to be able to walk to somewhere. That would include all of the Boardwalk area properties, which are fine with me as well.

Or AK with the Savannah view.

Then there's the corny and sentimental way - 10 years ago, our honeymoon was to Key West. They have a Key West DVC hotel. We love Olivia's. Somehow it doesn't seem big deal enough or have something special like a footpath to MK lol.

At the very least, a monorail resort, even if not walking distance, would be preferred.

Then we have to figure out whether or not to bring the dog or leave her home, drive or fly, diet for 6 months for the pictures LOL. Maybe this one and only trip would be worth memory maker?

I want to really blow it out - something we will never forget. Go for the upgrades. Pick the right tour or tours. So much to discuss!!

I will end each post in this saga like the parodied "2 Broke Girls" TV show, with the dollar amount of whatever they have left or have made at the end of the show, so you can see where they are in their goal.

So for example, tonight's would be:

$146.50

I'll add in any WDW Gift Cards I might buy or receive in the next year as part of what's saved up for that trip. My free BJ's trial period just expired, so I won't be getting any discounted GC's from them.

Now - the potential issue: there is no way we are not going to go to Disney in some way until September of 2017. We are toying with skipping our usual January or April trip in order to go full-on crazy in September.

But we are also toying with things like my dilemma as I sit here in this hotel with all this time to type. We're less than an hour away. I told this story in more detail at the end of my last trip report thread, so I'll just make it very short: Brian is working in Tampa from the end of January until the middle of February (over three weeks.) Yesterday I packed up our pup and drove up to visit, with our Valentine's Day gifts in tow (mostly specialty sugar-free chocolate dipped pretzels potato chips, oreos, plus peppermint bark, etc. We know we won't see each other for Valentine's Day, so basically tomorrow is it, unless I stay until Saturday morning.

Since no WDW trip was planned, I did not bring either my Tables In Wonderland card, or my Chase rewards gift card. But I called, and confirmed I could go to Guest Services and get another gift card (which of course can be loaded automatically.) There's a nice lunch reservation open. There's a spot for the pup at Best Friends Pet Care for 1/2 day care.

On the one hand - this would be something like a 45 minute to 1 hour drive for Brian from 12:30 to 1:30 to go to a special Disney lunch at 1:50, hang out for a bit, and then drive back 45 minutes to an hour to go to work by 4PM until 4AM. (I would have my own car, spend more money buying Disney records for my record store after lunch, go pick up the dog, and drive home to Fort Lauderdale.)

The other option is to drop a ***** off at Petco in Tampa for a shampoo, and then hurry to whatever local restaurant is near that Petco, and meh.

Who would ever forget picking up and driving to WDW just for lunch for Valentine's Day (early) There's a fun story to remember when we're in our 60's LOL.

But it would already deplete our current total towards our V&A goal:

$146.50
Where is the LOVE button. Like is not enough!! This is awesome. Congrats on the 10 year anniversary and also that he will let you spend it at WDW, which is not so easy for some people....ahem...Phil, I'm talkin' to you!!

Anyway, this all sounds great. I am probably being repetitive, but the way we were able to afford California Grill was to just put twenty or so bucks away in an envelope every week and suddenly we had $300! And we came in at like $296.00 with four bucks to spare. I imagine Vicky and Al's will be a lot, lot more than Cali, but just put a little away every week, and you have time to do it.

And congrats on the upcoming anniversary!

Tony the Tigger

Original Poster
The Poly doesn't have a path to MK. :( You can walk to the TTC but you'll have to take a boat or monorail to the park. That said, it's one of my dream resorts as well for the same reasons you like it-the food and the vibe. I think you'd enjoy of the Boardwalk area resorts too. Whatever you choose, it sounds like this will end up being an amazing trip!

Hmmm...walk to TTC...nah. So I'm leaning either Boardwalk or monorail line.

Tony the Tigger

Original Poster
Where is the LOVE button. Like is not enough!! This is awesome. Congrats on the 10 year anniversary and also that he will let you spend it at WDW, which is not so easy for some people....ahem...Phil, I'm talkin' to you!!

Anyway, this all sounds great. I am probably being repetitive, but the way we were able to afford California Grill was to just put twenty or so bucks away in an envelope every week and suddenly we had $300! And we came in at like $296.00 with four bucks to spare. I imagine Vicky and Al's will be a lot, lot more than Cali, but just put a little away every week, and you have time to do it.

And congrats on the upcoming anniversary!

Brian genuinely enjoys it as well.

The whole thing about stuffing away $20 we tried that once – it ended up being dinners and car repair payments in no time. The Disney rewards system works best for me because I can't spend it on other things so it's a pure Disney savings account and everything in it is a rebate for something I've already spent. So it forces me to save for Disney and also forces me to not spend it day to day. Works for me!

BuddyThomas

Brian genuinely enjoys it as well.

The whole thing about stuffing away $20 we tried that once – it ended up being dinners and car repair payments in no time. The Disney rewards system works best for me because I can't spend it on other things so it's a pure Disney savings account and everything in it is a rebate for something I've already spent. So it forces me to save for Disney and also forces me to not spend it day to day. Works for me!
I'm into whatever works!

Spikerdink

I always forget about my Disney Rewards balance.... but since I ran up the tab, I don't use it much anymore.

Need to get a better paying job to pay that down and start saving for a big trip.

I have a Disney cookie jar that I throw all my loose change in - and since there is a bottle deposit law here in NY, I can ring up $10 a month in change - once it is filled I have close to $600 for my trip.

The planning is half the fun and looks like you are going to have a great time!

Tony the Tigger

Original Poster
I always forget about my Disney Rewards balance.... but since I ran up the tab, I don't use it much anymore.

Need to get a better paying job to pay that down and start saving for a big trip.

I have a Disney cookie jar that I throw all my loose change in - and since there is a bottle deposit law here in NY, I can ring up $10 a month in change - once it is filled I have close to $600 for my trip.

The planning is half the fun and looks like you are going to have a great time!

Fortunately I'm in a position where I can use it a lot for business and then pay it back pretty quickly - almost like a checking account that pays you to go to WDW.

Tony the Tigger

Original Poster
This just happened:

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

That would have been a good pic of us if she was a little taller lol.

Dropping off at Best Friends Pet Care. Brian is on his way from Tampa. Heading over to GS at Disney Springs for a new rewards card.

Oh, and just picked up poop.

I guess this is a mini-trip report within a pre-trip report? A "blip?"

Figgy1

Premium Member

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Fortunately I'm in a position where I can use it a lot for business and then pay it back pretty quickly - almost like a checking account that pays you to go to WDW.

That's how I use my Disney Visa card....

My daughter and her brand spanking new husband are having their wedding night dinner in V&A at the end of this month. I think you are on target for the price - they aren't doing the Chef's table (that would have required mom paying for one more wedding item at Disney, lol) but are eating in one of the nicer rooms. She had to call the restaurant directly since you apparently cannot make a reservation directly through Disney Dining.

While all the resort suggestions for a deluxe are excellent, I would go with a Deluxe studio at Poly. They are new, very nice, two bathrooms - one with this amazing huge glass shower with a pebble floor to sooth those tired feet from walking in the parks - and if you end up in Pago Pago, just a walk across the street to the TTC. Plus, since the Poly regular rooms were some of the largest on property, the studios are big. I've stayed in a studio at OKW and it's just like a regular resort room - two beds, etc. Big bathroom but wasn't very DVCish to me. Plus, no elevators (why Disney?! Some buildings have 3 floors), so you have to drag EVERYTHING up the stairs.

And thanks, @BuddyThomas, for the video of the renovated 1 bedroom in Boardwalk. We are staying there in April for the SW half marathon weekend and I sure hope we will be lucky enough to get one of the renovated villas. First time staying in that resort - we usually go WL Villas since it's my home resort.

Your puppy is so cute.... :)

Tony the Tigger

Original Poster
That's how I use my Disney Visa card....

My daughter and her brand spanking new husband are having their wedding night dinner in V&A at the end of this month. I think you are on target for the price - they aren't doing the Chef's table (that would have required mom paying for one more wedding item at Disney, lol) but are eating in one of the nicer rooms. She had to call the restaurant directly since you apparently cannot make a reservation directly through Disney Dining.

While all the resort suggestions for a deluxe are excellent, I would go with a Deluxe studio at Poly. They are new, very nice, two bathrooms - one with this amazing huge glass shower with a pebble floor to sooth those tired feet from walking in the parks - and if you end up in Pago Pago, just a walk across the street to the TTC. Plus, since the Poly regular rooms were some of the largest on property, the studios are big. I've stayed in a studio at OKW and it's just like a regular resort room - two beds, etc. Big bathroom but wasn't very DVCish to me. Plus, no elevators (why Disney?! Some buildings have 3 floors), so you have to drag EVERYTHING up the stairs.

And thanks, @BuddyThomas, for the video of the renovated 1 bedroom in Boardwalk. We are staying there in April for the SW half marathon weekend and I sure hope we will be lucky enough to get one of the renovated villas. First time staying in that resort - we usually go WL Villas since it's my home resort.

Your puppy is so cute.... :)

Thank you! Definitely taking this into consideration. It's going to take me some figuring to narrow it down – I'm sure it will depend on price difference and availability as well – but at least I have a few options and won't be disappointed if I can manage to get one. Hell, I won't be disappointed anyway, we always have a great time there!

Tony the Tigger

Original Poster
So… The rest of "the blip report"

I completely lucked out (not locked out, @BuddyThomas - and happy birthday btw) with all those little things I had to do, there were no hiccups. Everything was pretty close together – short drive from Best Friends Pet Care to Disney springs, parked right near Disney quest which is where guest services is located, no line, got my rewards card.

Quick drive over to the boardwalk, no trouble parking, although they looked at me funny when I said I was eating at Captain's Grille because apparently you can just park at the yacht club.

Got a little nervous at this point because Brian said he was stuck in traffic from Tampa. It was about 1:30 PM and our reservation was at 1:50 PM.

Went to the big store on the boardwalk, scoped out the records to buy on the way back (I own a record store in Fort Lauderdale and stock it with the Disney picture discs every time we visit.) also looked for something that would function as a Christmas tree ornament to remember our Valentine's Day lunch at Walt Disney World. Found this:

image.jpeg

Ta-da! Works for me.

Walked around the boardwalk to get to the yacht club. It was absolutely gorgeous out.

image.jpeg

Got to the yacht club almost right at 1:50 PM and was relieved to hear from Brian that he had parked but didn't know where he was going and thought he was in a convention center LOL. I asked the hostess if that made sense, and she replied that he must be right outside the other door. As I walked over, in walked Brian, and we were promptly seated.

The place was pretty empty as they technically close at 2 PM and then reopen for dinner.

What I didn't realize in my rushed planning was that I had been looking at the dinner menu and the lunch menu was completely different – which is not always the case at Disney restaurants.

So while I had my heart set on the short rib – and I jokingly mentioned that to our server – who promptly went to check with the kitchen to see if it was available. It wasn't, but I appreciated that effort, and lunch was still great – details to follow.

In the meantime, this:

image.jpeg

Yasssss!

Tony the Tigger

Original Poster
That was actually the same delicious rye Manhattan I got from the yachtsman steakhouse next-door back in September. Yum.

After ordering it, I noticed the suggested wine pairings on the menu and realized I probably should have ordered that, but...next time. There's no regretting that Manhattan!

We split two appetizers - the seared tuna with cucumber, haricot vets, pickled watermelon, red pepper coulis, and verde sauce - loved it!! And the lump crab cake with fire roasted corn succotash and lemon emulsion - this was not your typical crab "cake" - not breaded - fantastic.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Then Brian ordered the grilled chicken sandwich, and I the lobster roll.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Very nice!

For dessert, we split a no sugar added angel food cake with berry compote, shortbread croutons, and white chocolate panna cotta - it was beautiful but I forgot to take a picture!

At first I felt bad because I remember when Brian and I first met, he told me he was kind of over angel food cake - having been diagnosed with type 1 diabetes as a kid in 1981, that's almost all they really had back then as far as cake goes - but this was obviously elevated and we both enjoyed it.

So, mission accomplished - a great memory - a last-minute Disney Valentine lunch - Brian made it back to Tampa in time for work at 4pm. I stopped back at the Boardwalk store for more records

image.jpeg

They didn't have every title I wanted, so I figured I would go back to Disney Springs where they have the biggest Disney Store - but the biggest Disney Store doesn't carry records!! LOL. Well, it was a nice walk and extended the day a bit. Went back to pick up the pup and drove home to Ft. Lauderdale by about 8pm. Brian will be home on Wednesday. And I just found the Valentine's Day card he left at home for me 3 weeks ago - awwwww!!

Well, as promised, 2 Broke Girls style - our remaining balance saved towards the ten year anniversary in 2017:

$51.18

Tony the Tigger

Original Poster
So I spent a half a minute chatting with a couple of the DVC companies, I think I've settled on the one I'm going to use, but they want a deposit right away so I really have to narrow down my choices.

I'm still leaning towards the grand Floridian because if not now, when? I don't know that there will be a big enough event to justify splurging on that in the future. So I'd like to go all the way and get the concierge level if it is within the budget. Keep in mind, we usually only go for two or three nights at a time.

Also did some research and actually listened to a podcast – that's my new thing, to keep myself out in the sun in the backyard long enough to get some color, I listen to a 45 minute Disney podcast LOL. Otherwise I get fidgety after 10 minutes and come back inside and work. And stay pale. Anyway, the podcast was about the afternoon tea at the grand Floridian and, which sounded a lot nicer, more filling (and more expensive) than I expected. But if we did that one day as another special thing, and Victoria and Albert's another day, it kind of makes sense to stay at the GF.

I can definitely see us staying at the beach resort or yacht club for a birthday or anniversary trip in the future.

Again, it will come down to price – especially since I won't be able to pay for this with Disney points. I will compare the grand Floridian pricing with one or two others.

But right now I am in crazy music mode because April 16 is Record Store Day - it's bigger than Christmas and takes a whole lot of preparation. (And there is a limited edition classic 70s Mickey turntable coming out this year!)

There are all these potential mini trips on the horizon which may mess with my savings: friends want us to meet them up there in May, other friends are going in December so we are considering a very Merry Christmas party. In the meantime ...

March 2016 points have arrived:

$62.94

And Brian found a gift card in his car that we forgot to use on our last trip:

$30.00

So:

$227.79

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom