Pre-Trip 2 Broke Guys (now with Table of Contents!)

Important note: First post edited 7/13/17 to make this odyssey easier to follow!

The reason is I started this pre-trip report over a year ago to help plan our most important trip ever (so far) our 10 year wedding anniversary trip.

However, we have AP's, and we took many short "side-trips" along the way. Rather than creating so many Trip Report threads and looking like a total egomaniac, I just added those mini-TR's into this same thread.

People have said it was hard to follow (I can see that.) Someone suggested putting a "table of contents" in the beginning. So that's what I'm doing. Then you can skip to the pages with the other trip reports, or just read the ones pertaining to "the big one" coming up in early September, 2017.

I will post that trip report separately when it finally happens, but will of course link to it here.

Speaking of linking here, here's a little background. This old post details our vow renewals a few years ago, for a very specific reason. If you haven't read my other trip reports or interacted with me very much on the boards, it kind of sets the stage for what's to come. Here's that link:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...orporate-disney-into-your-vow-renewal.903761/

What follows is the original first post (from 2/11/16) of this long, long thread. At the end of it, I'll put the table of contents to guide you through the rest of the thread.

I am sitting here in a hotel in Tampa, just an hour away from "home." And I'm thinking about it LOL. Oh, am I thinking about it.

When I'm "home home" - in Fort Lauderdale, I never have time to do more than some quick posts because I am always busy with work.

This is going to be a long-@ss pre-trip report.

Not necessarily this first post, but the report as a whole - by necessity, since the trip isn't until early September 2017. And I know I can use some help and advice in putting this all together - it's a very special trip - and have already begun organizing my thoughts based on discussions on this forum.

The basic premise is this: We are going to spend our 10-year wedding anniversary celebration at WDW, with the centerpiece of that trip to be the biggest dinner we can afford at Victoria & Albert's (hopefully the chef's table.) One of the things we enjoy most about Disney in our forties are the amazing meals at places like the Flying Fish Cafe and the Yachtsman's Steakhouse. I expect this meal will be at least as mind-blowing, but probably more.

The catch is - it costs a freaking fortune (at least to us.) I'm estimating something like $600 to $800 when all is said and done(?) And there is no way I could justify spending that much money on one meal.

Except...we have the Disney Chase Visa card, and have come to rely on this for our last several trips. This has opened doors to new experiences that we couldn't afford before. Instead of getting a 4-day ticket, we started getting AP's. Instead of staying off property, we started staying at Disney Moderates. And loved it!

And - we have a year off (sort of) to save up for this magical trip and important celebration. For the last several years, we've been getting the Florida Resident Weekday Select Annual Pass every other year, never two years in a row. I think it's good to go away and miss it for awhile, especially with all the work being done. Stay away for a year and come back to lots of little surprises. (Like those metal detectors! Ha!) They're fine. Anyway, that's the responsible side of me to say we shouldn't spend that much money every year. (We really shouldn't.)

But the advantage of that in this case is to amass Disney Chase Visa card points for months on end (sort of.) We used up all the rest of our points on our last short trip in January of 2016. But then at the end of the month, we earned more money. It's just sitting there...LOL.

Well, I made a deal with myself - if I can save up that $700 or $800 just in Chase points, then I can justify booking that meal at Victoria & Albert's. So that is the first goal. I know somebody will tell me when is the first day I can book it, and I will make a note on my phone so I don't forget LOL.

Based on January rewards being $146.50, I'm thinking this should be cake. (Mmm...cake...)

I'm not saving up for this September, but next September 2017. Total cake, right?!

Then we have to figure out where to stay. I'd like it to be our first Deluxe (possibly on the special floor with the extra goodies) and probably our first DVC rental. DVC Upside - real cost is less. Downside - can't pay for it with Disney Chase dollars LOL. That is funny, but it is a real consideration.

There's the obvious choice - to stay in the Grand Floridian to be where Victoria & Albert's is.

I don't know if that would be my favorite place in general.

I think my favorite place might be the Polynesian - I like the food & the vibe - and the walking into MK. I think that's a must on this trip - have to be able to walk to somewhere. That would include all of the Boardwalk area properties, which are fine with me as well.

Or AK with the Savannah view.

Then there's the corny and sentimental way - 10 years ago, our honeymoon was to Key West. They have a Key West DVC hotel. We love Olivia's. Somehow it doesn't seem big deal enough or have something special like a footpath to MK lol.

At the very least, a monorail resort, even if not walking distance, would be preferred.

Then we have to figure out whether or not to bring the dog or leave her home, drive or fly, diet for 6 months for the pictures LOL. Maybe this one and only trip would be worth memory maker?

I want to really blow it out - something we will never forget. Go for the upgrades. Pick the right tour or tours. So much to discuss!!

I will end each post in this saga like the parodied "2 Broke Girls" TV show, with the dollar amount of whatever they have left or have made at the end of the show, so you can see where they are in their goal.

So for example, tonight's would be:

$146.50

I'll add in any WDW Gift Cards I might buy or receive in the next year as part of what's saved up for that trip. My free BJ's trial period just expired, so I won't be getting any discounted GC's from them.

Now - the potential issue: there is no way we are not going to go to Disney in some way until September of 2017. We are toying with skipping our usual January or April trip in order to go full-on crazy in September.

But we are also toying with things like my dilemma as I sit here in this hotel with all this time to type. We're less than an hour away. I told this story in more detail at the end of my last trip report thread, so I'll just make it very short: Brian is working in Tampa from the end of January until the middle of February (over three weeks.) Yesterday I packed up our pup and drove up to visit, with our Valentine's Day gifts in tow (mostly specialty sugar-free chocolate dipped pretzels potato chips, oreos, plus peppermint bark, etc. We know we won't see each other for Valentine's Day, so basically tomorrow is it, unless I stay until Saturday morning.

Since no WDW trip was planned, I did not bring either my Tables In Wonderland card, or my Chase rewards gift card. But I called, and confirmed I could go to Guest Services and get another gift card (which of course can be loaded automatically.) There's a nice lunch reservation open. There's a spot for the pup at Best Friends Pet Care for 1/2 day care.

On the one hand - this would be something like a 45 minute to 1 hour drive for Brian from 12:30 to 1:30 to go to a special Disney lunch at 1:50, hang out for a bit, and then drive back 45 minutes to an hour to go to work by 4PM until 4AM. (I would have my own car, spend more money buying Disney records for my record store after lunch, go pick up the dog, and drive home to Fort Lauderdale.)

The other option is to drop the pup off at Petco in Tampa for a shampoo, and then hurry to whatever local restaurant is near that Petco, and meh.

Who would ever forget picking up and driving to WDW just for lunch for Valentine's Day (early) There's a fun story to remember when we're in our 60's LOL.

But it would already deplete our current total towards our V&A goal:

$146.50

OK, that was the first post of this whole thing. Now here comes the table of contents. Separate trip reports will be listed in bold. Regular stuff won't.

Posts 1-11 planning.
Posts 12-18: "The Blip Report" - a spur of the moment, one day drive over to the Yacht Club for Valentine's Day lunch at Captain's Grille (with dog.)
Posts 19-70 planning.
Posts 71-199 (page 4) pre-trip (back pain) & TR for 3-day quickie in September 2016 for Food & Wine (no dog, meeting Tuvalu, car trouble LOL) (skip it if you're only in for the anniversary trip!)
Posts 200-210 stuff. (starts bottom of page 10)
Posts 211-258-ish (begins page 11) "micro-trip" - had to go back up to get our car, might as well visit the Mouse!
Posts 258-ish to 276 planning.
Posts 277-283 (page 14) Pre-trip for almost Christmas at Saratoga Springs
Posts 284-331 planning, chit-chat, Thanksgiving
Posts 332-380 (page 17) That almost Christmas trip at Saratoga Springs
Posts 381-392 (Page 20) mostly chit-chat
Posts 393-561 (starts on page 20) (Several short trips back and forth since Brian had sporadic work in Orlando - all with dog!) Including Flower & Garden, Tiffins, more Tiffins, Valentine's Day again, RoL, and to confuse things, somwhere around #522 I'm at WDW but also planning the September 2017 trip (it was the 180 day mark for ADR's!)
Posts 562-569 chit chat
Posts 570-605 (page 29) - omg another quickie trip, Paddlefish
Posts 606-614 chit chat
Posts 615-657 (page 31) omg another trip - Wishes at Cali Grill (our last time seeing it)
Posts 658-694 chit chat, Record Store Day, Nashville
Posts 695- serious September planning!!

Last edited:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
View attachment 188625

Listening to this episode today…

Do you enjoy?

I listened to him for a while. I actually like his original partner he had, I think he had a much better delivery when he had someone to discuss with, now he just seems to ramble on foreverrrrrrrrr. His 'live' versions are difficult for me to take, they seem to be more about him and the camera on him more than what he is 'live' vlogging about. I tried to watch his recent Paddlefish Live and could barely make out the boat in the background, then I saw how much time the 'live' recording was. OMG. If I could make a suggestion to him it would be don't do live, not your strength, stick to topic you are not the topic and edit edit edit.

He has knowledge and some connections but boy I don't have time to listen to War & Peace length Vlogs.

Edit: I just looked at the length of the one you put up there 90 freak'n minutes.

ooops Rant over.

Tony the Tigger

Original Poster
Was it Lou Mongello's podcast? If so I totally just listened to that episode! I listen while washing dishes, folding laundry, and other mindless boring cleaning type activities. I would have never considered the afternoon tea but after I heard that episode it sounds amazing!

It sounds like you HAVE to do the GF!! As you said, if not now, when? For such an important occasion, and given the activities you will be doing, it makes sense!

It does make sense! That was the first podcast I listened to. I never would have thought to even search for one had I not read about them somewhere on this board. This one comes up first in google search for "Walt Disney World Podcast" and I think it goes under the name "Be Our Guest." It's a guy and he usually has 2 women on also. And it's just the right length of time for me to lay out LOL. On the tea episode, he was live-casting with a British woman from the actual location. It really sounded good, and something different to try.

Do you enjoy?

I listened to him for a while. I actually like his original partner he had, I think he had a much better delivery when he had someone to discuss with, now he just seems to ramble on foreverrrrrrrrr. His 'live' versions are difficult for me to take, they seem to be more about him and the camera on him more than what he is 'live' vlogging about. I tried to watch his recent Paddlefish Live and could barely make out the boat in the background, then I saw how much time the 'live' recording was. OMG. If I could make a suggestion to him it would be don't do live, not your strength, stick to topic you are not the topic and edit edit edit.

He has knowledge and some connections but boy I don't have time to listen to War & Peace length Vlogs.

Edit: I just looked at the length of the one you put up there 90 freak'n minutes.

ooops Rant over.

Re-reading my own report (hey, it's a year old today!) I realized how badly I messed up that one reply about which podcast I was listening to back then LOL. Of course, Lou Mongello is not part of the Be Our Guest crew, he has his own podcast. His was actually the first podcast I ever listened to (that one about the afternoon tea, which is going to figure prominently in the trip) but then I never came across it again until recently. For whatever reason, whenever I did a generic search on my phone for WDW podcasts, Be Our Guest always came up, and I just got used to listening to those.

I was glad to find Lou again (I think it was from a recent post suggestion on this thread.) To answer Gabe's question - I guess they all have their positives and negatives. The Be Our Guest people chit chat a bit too long in the beginning before they get started. Lou can go on for a long time, but I appreciate the depth of investigation of the subject overall. Plus, this is going to sound self-stereotyping, but I am also an Italian from New Jersey who moved to Florida and is about the same age as Lou. I tend to relate to him more, his references and perspectives, and tend to agree with him more, so I tend to trust his opinion more, even though I've only listened to a few shows so far.

Specifically I chose the one about seeing WDW solo because I think that's going to happen this Friday (!)

As I mentioned, Brian is in Tampa (since Jan 30) for a couple more weeks. I've actually been home with the flu since last weekend (so it's a good thing he wasn't here! I got it from one of my employees who should have called out sick.) Feeling much better, not 100% but planning to rent a car probably Monday morning to Friday morning. Brian is on a 4PM to 4AM shift, so if Kylie and I drive up (we take turns o_O) early Monday morning, after a good 4 hour drive, we can get there by early afternoon before he goes in. Tuesday is Valentine's Day, so we'll schedule a bath at PETCO for Miss Thing to give us a chance to have a nice local lunch to celebrate that, and then he'll go to work again. Wednesday I think I will take a drive over to see the Mouse and leave Kylie with Best Friends Pet Care. Thursday we'll drive home after B goes to work.

Then we have a houseguest coming the following Tuesday and B comes home that Wednesday.

New info: the one job that is supposed to offer B a f/t position with benefits hasn't done that yet - but - they mentioned sending him to Orlando to help open a new soccer stadium. We don't know exactly when or for how long - but oh yes, I will be eyeing some more Disney time out of that!!

Gotta book the car and the dog and get some sleep!

Tuvalu

Think you might be still suffering from "flu fog" Tony. ;)
Which day is Mouse day?

Specifically I chose the one about seeing WDW solo because I think that's going to happen this Friday (!)

Wednesday I think I will take a drive over to see the Mouse and leave Kylie with Best Friends Pet Care. Thursday we'll drive home after B goes to work.

Tony the Tigger

Original Poster
Think you might be still suffering from "flu fog" Tony. ;)
Which day is Mouse day?

I think you're right!

When I first started writing the post, I was thinking Friday.

Then I decided, why bother booking a more expensive room in Orlando on a Friday night? And before finishing my post, I changed my mind to simply driving over from Tampa on Wednesday afternoon and then back to Tampa that night.

Already booked Kylie at BFPC for Wed.

Tony the Tigger

Original Poster
IMG_0359.JPG

Oh, we are back - same hotel, same time as last year.

What a long day it's been!

I was determined to not be late and not be rushed. I was 99% packed last night. I called enterprise yesterday to confirm they could pick me up at home to get my 9 AM car rental. They said sure, just call back around 8:30 AM. We discussed where I live and so forth.

I wanted to get up here early enough to be able to see Brian for a little bit before he had to go to work at 4 PM. I planned for a 4 hour drive. I had a few important errands to run before leaving, but I figured I should be able to get on the road by 10 AM and arrive by 2 PM.

This morning I called enterprise at 8:37 AM. First they tried to tell me I was out of their pick up zone because there were closer locations - even though I had done this before. Then they said they were already picking up someone else at 9 AM, but they can get me between 9:30 AM and 10 AM. Fine, I could run at least some of my errands now and then have less to do after I pick up the car.

10 AM comes and goes. I called them and they say sorry, they had to drop someone else off home and someone was on the way. I was a little annoyed because I rushed home to be there by 9:30 AM just in case they arrived right on time. I could have finished my errands had I known they would be late.

By 10:30 AM we are en route to enterprise. I mention nicely how much this has messed up my plans. When we get there, they tell me the compact car I rented is no longer available. They "had a rush." Wait – I reserved a car in advance and you gave it away?

They would give me some kind of pick up truck as a "free upgrade." Upgrade? Really? But I would have to wait a few minutes.

A few minutes later, they tell me the pick up truck has a flat tire. The only thing left in the house is a minivan – and again, I would not be charged for the free "upgrade." I politely reminded them that this upgrade would cost a lot more gas than the compact car I chose for my long trip. They said it had a full tank and I could return it empty. But I would have to wait a few minutes for it to be cleaned.

It was after 11 AM by the time I got out of there, and as I finished up my last two errands, I realized how much I hated this car already. It was big, heavy, annoying to maneuver – and it didn't even have a USB port, which I look forward to on these long trips to listen to my Disney podcasts in the car with decent volume.

I called the other (closer) location to see if they had any compact cars available. They said they had no cars of any type available! What is going on around here?

I decided to look at the bright side – if everyone is out of cars, then I'm lucky I got anything rather than being left with nothing after my original reserved car was snatched away from me LOL. Also – if I end up getting lucky and buying a record collection, I have room for it! That reminds me – I have to check craigslist.

Finally got on the road at 12:18 and Siri said we'd arrive around 4:10. B said he could go to work at 4:30.

I presumed Siri would take me up the Turnpike and then west on highway 60. Didn't remember exactly how far north that was, but that's why I have Siri.

Except Siri (well, my phone) is also where I'm listening to my podcast and talking on the phone.

At some point I noticed a sign saying I was x miles south of Kissimmee. Wait, what?!

Did I really go the wrong way, adding time to my drive and missing my husband!! And stressing my puppy?

IMG_0352.JPG

Eff yes.

:jawdrop::eek::jawdrop: Nooooooooooooo!!! :depressed:

As I continued, my GPS estimated arrival time went from 4:00 to 4:15 to 4:25 to 4:35...:cry:

I was really upset with myself.

Then I turned onto I-4, and it reset to a 4:07 arrival time!! :cyclops:

Actually made it by 4:05. And since B won't be back until 4 or 5am, he already had this out for me.
IMG_0355.JPG

Awwwww. There's only one marshmallow heart left. Oops!

Oh, you know I brought my own stuff to dress up that table. Who am I? :D

When I take Kylie for her last walk of the night, I'll grab it out of the trunk.

Tony the Tigger

Original Poster
My work is done!
IMG_0362.JPG
IMG_0363.JPG

Two cards because Publix had BOGO on Hallmark - so I got one funny and one serious lol.

I don't usually do gift cards, but this one is specifically for tomorrow's lunch.

This chef bear is adorable - he dances, and he sings "Yummy yummy yummy, I got love in my tummy..."
IMG_0361.JPG

Yes, we are 45 year old men and still occasionally do the stuffed animal thing. And Disney.

Bonus shot of Kylie gnawing on poor filthy Mickey's leg.
IMG_0364.JPG
IMG_0366.JPG

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Oh my gosh, what a drag about the car rental!! :mad: I'm glad you finally got you something at least--even if it was a Sherman Tank?! :p (Oh dear . . . and yes, the cost of gas would be an added issue as well.)

I'm very impressed with the Valentines displays between you and Brian. (Makes the one I have for my husband sort of pathetic looking, in contrast . . . LOL . . . ;) )

I loved the last photo of Kylie looking all proud and happy with her Mickey take-down!! :joyfull:

Tony the Tigger

Original Poster
Well, Tampa PETCO and I screwed up Valentine's Day lunch for the second year in a row! Details to follow. Waiting on my to-go order.

Tony the Tigger

Original Poster
I don't think(?) I wrote about this last year, but last year I thought we'd just drop Kylie off at PETCO (like we do at home) and grab a bite nearby for Valentine's Day lunch before Brian had to go to work. We got dressed, we brought her over, and were met with, "Do you have an appointment?" No, of course not, we never make appointments at PETCO back home, we just bring her in and *poof* she gets washed.

They were very attitude-y like Tampa is some mega-city or something where more pets need baths and appointments are a must. (First of all, it's not even Tampa, it's Brandon, and don't try to tell me that's bigger than Fort Lauderdale. Ugh. The whole "you'll never understand my town" thing has always annoyed me. A town is a town.)

We ended up stopping at the Subway across from the hotel on the way home, and that was Valentine's lunch 2016.

This year, I would be prepared. I called ahead a few days ago and booked an appointment for 1pm. I found a cute place to eat nearby, and even had a backup selection just in case.

The cute place was the Islamorada Fish Company. Having been to Islamorada (in the Keys) there was a connection for us. The menu looked interesting. Cute all around. Two miles from PETCO, which was four miles from the hotel. Peachy! (They don't take reservations, so the backup plan was Cheesecake Factory, also nearby.) I was prepared!!

And then I effed everything up. I was slightly concerned about Kylie since she was not familiar with this particular PETCO location, and she was already likely a little discombobulated being away from home. She can get a little whiny/cryish around the other puppies because she wants to go play with them. One time one groomer at PETCO made it sound like she was a real pain, incessant crying, and that stuck in my head. So at noon, I gave her a Benadryl wrapped in turkey to keep her a little more on the calm side. She is 60 pounds, she doesn't get zonked or anything.

When we brought her in at 1pm today, they took a few minutes to come and check us in, and in that time, Kylie realized there were other dogs in there, and started crying. So I get self-conscious, and stupidly feel the need to explain to the woman that I had given her a Benadryl and obviously it wasn't working!

And that was that. She looked at me like I had twisted the head off a cat and said, "You gave her a Benadryl?" I said yes, and she (and the chorus of other groomers in the back) all started explaining why they couldn't give my dog a bath. "Benadryl is a sedative (duh!) so if anything was wrong, she wouldn't be able to let us know, so we can't take her."

Are you serious? It's a bath. What could go wrong? It's not surgery. We were not even getting her nails done. And having been dosed a full hour prior and seeing no slowdown either physically or mentally, what the heck are you folks afraid of?

(Flashback to last year, Subway...)

I should have just kept my darn mouth shut.

Arrgh.

I woke Brian up early for this? Two failures in a row? I hate this PETCO!!

I tried to make sure I was not completely out of line. Was there a practical reason for this? Maybe, but it's a stretch. Again, it's just a bath. Not a cut, not nails cut (which can be dangerous if not done properly.) She offered to make an appointment for another day, and I blurted out, "No, the whole point of this was so we could go have a nice Valentine's Day lunch, and that's not happening now." We exited, never to return LOL. Seriously, if we end up coming back next year, PETCO will in no way be part of the plan. I don't know if I'm angry with them or myself, or if either is justifiable. I just know I was :banghead:

We went back to the car. Kylie was confused. Brian was confused. I quickly searched for a nearby groomer, called one (local) and it went to a voicemail that said the next available appointment was 2/22. Pet Supermarket was like 9 miles away.

So I decided to continue on with the lunch plans, go to my cute Islamorada fish place, and get it to go!

And that's what we did. I ordered an alligator app to share ("alligator bites" - think kind of hush puppies with alligator - came with a nice green dipping sauce - would have been good but VERY salty. They're still sitting on the table lol.) Brian ordered a wild boar burger - this was the best item in the bunch - interesting to taste, since boar is basically pig, but it tasted more like a light beef burger. It was very good. I got (surprise!) the pulled pork sandwich, and I asked for a side of something that I saw came with other sandwiches but not mine - a pineapple relish. That reminded me of how they are done at CBR, which is just about my favorite pulled pork sandwich anywhere. It was good. The bbq sauce was too sweet, to the point I had to eat it in three sittings, you just couldn't eat more than that at one time.

B conked out before finally going to work around 4:15. I'm in for the night with Kylie, who has unfortunately discovered she can open the curtains with her nose and stare outside until there's something to whine about lol.

So I have a little work to do (store was busy today :D) and figure out what I'm doing at WDW tomorrow!! I don't know what time I'm leaving, where to go, what to do - no fast passes, no ADR's. No RoL, apparently. I could easily switch things around and go on Friday to see it then, but I think I'd rather wait for B and see it together. Maybe we'll save all of Pandora for part of the September trip - something completely new for that trip.

There's some weather supposedly passing through Tampa around 1pm to 3pm, so I'm thinking we should leave earlier, rather than wait for B to wake up and go to work. He really can sleep the whole time, from when he gets home at 4AM until he has to go back in at 4PM.

I'm thinking I should just eat at places that have a bar. I hate sitting at a table by myself lol.

Tony the Tigger

Original Poster
Oh - and Brian opened the glove box in the rental on the way to lunch today – and found the USB port! LOL. So Kylie and I will be hearing podcasts on the way to the world tomorrow.

I think I'm going to park at Epcot so I can easily monorail – if it is working – to Magic Kingdom, and I can easily walk to Hollywood studios.

Looks like it's a day to avoid Magic Kingdom late because they have nighttime EMH. So I will likely go there first to see if I can catch the Muppets at liberty Square finally, and to investigate those personalized frames on main street for September.

Note to self: if Brian gets that gig in Orlando soon, he and I need to make a point of watching wishes before it's gone. We never sit and watch it.

So if I park at Epcot, then I should probably end at Epcot – that would put me in place for a possible shorter frozen line at night and illuminations, and I can buy my records on the way out.

That leaves dinner time pretty wide open! I kind of want to try something new with bar seating.

Tony the Tigger

Original Poster
Better get there at rope drop!! ;)

Yeah, right!

Well, I chickened out of temporarily renaming the thread "time for another quickie" last time. But I did change it this time. "Honey, I'm doing it without you!"

B got home from work at 5am and then did not sleep well or feel well. Turned out his insulin pump had come out in bed and he was having sugar issues.

I went down to the gym around 9 AM, then grabbed a little free breakfast, then went out to the Salvation Army to look for inventory, came back, Brian was fine but didn't sleep so well. That actually made it easier to leave because I know he would sleep better if we let him be.

So Kylie and I got on the road around 11:30 AM and it's a pretty easy less than 1 Hour drive.

IMG_0377.JPG

And right now I'm spending a little extra time with her at Best Friends Pet Care since it's just us and there's no rush.

IMG_0379.JPG

She kept trying to play with the dogs on the other side of the fence. Those are the dogs being taken for their walks by staff. Our side of the fence is the big playground area. This one guy kept trying to get her to chase him as if she could jump through the fence LOL:

IMG_0381.JPG

Anyway we've been hanging here for about a half hour now. She should be good and tired which makes boarding easier. Time for me to continue with my plan of parking at Epcot and going to Magic Kingdom first.

Tony the Tigger

Original Poster
IMG_0384.JPG
IMG_0385.JPG
IMG_0386.JPG
IMG_0387.JPG
IMG_0390.JPG

Can I just tell you how much I loved this?! (Finally!) As a kid who grew up in the 70s watching Sesame Street and then The Muppet Show - it was like seeing The Muppet Show "in person."

I ended up walking into MK at 1:57 and the next show was at 2pm. The next one after that was 4:15. I made it just in time for 2 by fast-walking directly to Liberty Square.

Tony the Tigger

Original Poster
I had booked a FP (on the tram) for Pirates at 2:30 and HM at 3:30. This worked out perfectly with a quick stop on the way from Muppets to Pirates:
IMG_0391.JPG
IMG_0392.JPG
IMG_0393.JPG

It was a fun crowd, clapping along, etc.

I was a little hungry already, so got some waffle fries to hold me over. Then went to Pirates, sat in row 6, did not get wet!

Back towards HM, a little shopping, found some frames that can be personalized (in the Christmas shop.). They were around $24 each plus $3 for personalization (with paint/marker that theoretically could come off.)

Just noting that because on the agenda for today was to revisit the wooden frames on Main Street that can be personalized more permanently by engraving.

On HM, I got stuck in the seance room for about 4 minutes - but the ending worked (not with my name, but the ghost was putting a beard on my face lol.)

Still to come: Carousel of Silence.

Tony the Tigger

Original Poster
When I got out of HM, it was raining, but it didn't last a few moments. Ducked back into HM gift shop to stay dry and take a call.

By this time, it's about 4, so I decided to see if the 4:15 Muppet show was a repeat. It was.

Crossed over to CoP. As we rolled into the next to last scene, I noticed father wasn't singing along with everyone else, hmmm. Sure enough, he had lost his voice. Every once in awhile you'd hear the dog, the wife, etc. but father's mouth moved without sound.

One old guy got up and walked out which almost immediately prompted admonitions about staying in our seats. Eventually the scene looped around and started over - cue the fridge, cue the dog - but dad was still silent.

Finally a CM popped back in and people explained what was wrong. But ultimately, we saw the entire scene twice with Silent Dad and then rolled on to the final scene (with much applause) which worked fine.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom