Honey I Shrunk the Audience replacement idea

m star

Original Poster
I'm in no hurry to replace Honey I Shrunk the Audience, but I know it will happen eventually. I thought of a cool idea for a new 3-D film that would fit in well with the existing pavillion.

They could make a 3-D movie based upon Flubber (the newest version). Imagine the kinds of 3-D effects they could do with flubber (stretching out into the audience, etc) and if they could get Robin Williams that would make it even better. It could be kind of a sequel to the movie. Let me know what you think.

dxwwf3

Great idea, but I didn't even remember the movie until you mentioned that. It was a pretty decent hit, but not HUGE.

NeXuS1000

Hehe, I was doing some research today for the Isle of Disney project, exploring the possibilities of Disney IPs and I also remembered Flubber and thought "wouldn't that be perfect for a 3D movie" :p

NeXuS1000

imagineer boy said:
That is a pretty cool idea, but I'm afraid the movie just isn't that popular enough to be made into a ride.

Remember, not every ride needs to be based on a popular movie. Few of the original Disneyland attractions and none of the original EPCOT attractions were based on any popular movies and yet they still became popular (PotC, Figment, Country Bears etc.). You shouldn't be afraid to build rides around new or only decently known characters as long as there's enough to build on.

Robin Williams would fit great into the Disney experience and Flubber is actually a pretty good character. Now without Robin Williams, Flubber wouldn't be all that exciting, but it's especially all its bouncing around, destroying everything and such that would make for a great 3D movie.

m star

Original Poster
If you want to include this in your Isle of Disney, you can. I thought Flubber (the movie) was pretty good. The special effects they could do with it would be amazing.

NeXuS1000

Yeah, especially when it goes out of control and bounces around EVERYWHERE, crashing into everything, taking out lights and such.

You could make the story a little HISTA-like, where you (the audience) is presented to a revealing of the newest, most formidable and, ehrm, most stable energy source. And that's when it starts to go wrong :)

mharrington

My replacement idea for HISTA is something I call: Just Imagic. It features Figment and Dreamfinder and will be more like the old Magic Journeys show, the original 3D show at JII.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom