'Homecoming - Florida Kitchen and Southern Shine' coming to Disney Springs Summer 2016

roj2323

The location is more likely across from STK / Morimoto's. The building that is currently being put up next to T-rex is a completely different shape. If you look at the concept art and models it also supports the location across from morimoto's

Calmdownnow

The location is more likely across from STK / Morimoto's. The building that is currently being put up next to T-rex is a completely different shape. If you look at the concept art and models it also supports the location across from morimoto's
Looks like BO9 on the map which is, as you say, right opposite Morimoto's.

halltd

Except the concept art shown in the WDWMagic article hasn't been confirmed as the concept artwork for this particular restaurant. We still don't know what's going into the old Adventure Club space, right?

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Disney Springs is going to be very similar to World Showcase (speaking to restaurants and the variety) by the time this is all done.
It's already made me rethink my standard touring plan, which basically shoves in DTD if I have a free morning.

Thinking about it yesterday a little, I'm really thinking that Disney Springs is going to be a massive gain for Disney as a convention location. I know it's already a big pull, but for a business traveler, having Disney Springs, with the shopping, dining, and entertainment options right there are likely going to be a big draw for people who may not be interested in springing for a park ticket on a day they have seminars until 2-3. Being able to hop over to DS and have a huge choice of options available seems like a huge win,

Next Big Thing

It's already made me rethink my standard touring plan, which basically shoves in DTD if I have a free morning.

Thinking about it yesterday a little, I'm really thinking that Disney Springs is going to be a massive gain for Disney as a convention location. I know it's already a big pull, but for a business traveler, having Disney Springs, with the shopping, dining, and entertainment options right there are likely going to be a big draw for people who may not be interested in springing for a park ticket on a day they have seminars until 2-3. Being able to hop over to DS and have a huge choice of options available seems like a huge win,
I think that's one if the main audiences they are trying to reach and they seem to be doing great at selecting restaurants/venues for Disney Springs so far.

flyerjab

This is a great point and one that I fully agree with. This expansion/re-working of DTD into DS is great. The lineup of restaurants alone has now made this a must-do instead of just a might visit if we have time. And the list of choices keeps getting longer with additions like this. There is also a unique quality to each one with several being slightly more upscale.

DS is becoming the ultimate hangout spot for people that want to escape the insanity of the parks. There are already nice spots to escape to - The Boathouse bar over the water, the back porch at the huge Starbucks that faces the lake, the food truck park, the new and improved margarita bar, the open air bar at the Rainforest Cafe. And there are so many places that have not even been finished yet. It will only get better.

And I don't know why but something tells me the Christmas lights from DHS are going to end up here.

RSoxNo1

I am thinking that this is on the side of the springs looking over towards The Landing.
I've only seen this classified as having four separate neighborhoods: The Landing, Town Center, West Side and Marketplace. What is classified as "The Springs"?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom