Holy Crap, I'm a Dad!

Uncle Lupe

Original Poster
isnt it time for Allison to have a brother or sister?;)

I'm happy to have one and only one. It was high risk to have this one and we decided if we were blessed with one we wouldn't get greedy. I don't know if my hairline could handle all the craziness of the last pregnancy again. Between 3 hospitals and appt. every few weeks it was nuts.

Uncle Lupe

Original Poster
It's time for the yearly update. Sunday is the big day Allison turns four. We are have a indoor bouncy house party themed to Sofia the First. But Monday we head back to Children's Hospital in Columbus OH for the annual screenings. I'll post pics after the party and we have some time to recoup from the fun and emotional roller coaster of this week.

On a side note I saw this story today that hits close to home. I pray, pray, pray that I will never be in this situation as does any parent but it is always a possibility. Early on we had to be screened for this disease and passed but Allie does have a kidney disorder. So I ask that you at least read the story but be warned it is a sad story.

http://www.change.org/petitions/opt...-adult-lungs-based-on-medical-necessity#share

Uncle Lupe

Original Poster
Well I know I am late with this update and I have no pictures but I am still in a funk over the loss of my mother 2 weeks ago. In the past two months we had a good report from Children's Hospital and an $800 car repair June 2nd. I had an emergency appendectomy on June 12th. We sold our house on June 27 and lost my mother on July 24. It's been an emotional 2 months stretch to say the least.

We had a Frozen themed pool birthday party for her 5th. No, not at an ice rink but I had a lot of fun playing with the kids.

Uncle Lupe

Original Poster
Time to update the old thread. Holy crap! I missed a few years. :oops:

Well we've reached 8 years old and had a belated party today. Not to worry I've got this on lock down.
IMG_6067 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

So lets jump right to it.
IMG_5931 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

It was a great party. It was controlled chaos. Kids running, jumping, flipping into foam pits. Just keep everything in front of you and your fine. If you can imagine this many kids and a few more just having a blast and being able to do anything they wanted for few hours.

IMG_6051 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

IMG_6078 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

Being a young girl she likes her American Girl dolls and secured yet another today. As hard as I try how can a father say, "No"? Thank goodness one of these stores is not on WDW property.

IMG_6042 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

Now we just need to keep watching the countdown clock to our September trip to WDW. Under the 100 day mark. :happy: So TTFN!

Uncle Lupe

Original Poster
Another update:

We had an appointment for Children's today. The original appointment was not until January of 2018. Which was over shooting her yearly schedule by 7 months. Well got a call yesterday we could been seen at 8am today. Holy crap! So glad that it happened but no time to plan with a short notice our morning started at 430am. So with 3 hours sleep we made the drive and the entire appointment only took 1hour. Pretty good for a doctor visit and labs. We spent the rest of the day at Easton Town Center.

Labs so far look good and will just need to make another annual for next year. So that worry if will be no more during our trip this year. :)

Last edited:

Songbird76

My kids are 9 an 11. What I've learned is that there is so much conflicting advice about EVERYTHING. One expert says keep baby on a strict schedule, another says that baby needs to learn to be a bit flexible. One expert says ONLY breast feed for the first year, another says introduce solids at 6 months. So....my advice...go with what works for you. With my DD, we were pretty flexible...we kept to somewhat of a schedule, but if we were out shopping and she ate 15 to 30 minutes later than usual, no biggie. If she was crying, I found a place to go feed her (once even in a dressing room of a store). But if we were almost done and heading home, I waited until we were home. And I am American and live in the Netherlands...some people told me we live in the Netherlands, I should only speak Dutch or she'd never learn it, but I also have family in America that wants to speak to my kids and nearly everyone speaks English now, so I ignored the nay-sayers and I spoke English...now she's 11, fluent in 2 languages and at the top of her year, plus learning Spanish while all the other kids are learning English. With DS, I tried to be more structured with sleeping and eating schedules....he's a poor eater and for the longest time he woke up at 4 in the morning, while DD is a good eater and sleeper. So did it make a difference to be regimented? If it did, it wasn't in a GOOD way. So...do what works for you and don't worry about doing everything the "right" way. There isn't only one right way, there isn't even only one GOOD way. Relax and enjoy being a parent.

Well, I see I am MONUMENTALLY late...but maybe someone else can use the advice. 0

Uncle Lupe

Original Poster
My kids are 9 an 11. What I've learned is that there is so much conflicting advice about EVERYTHING. One expert says keep baby on a strict schedule, another says that baby needs to learn to be a bit flexible. One expert says ONLY breast feed for the first year, another says introduce solids at 6 months. So....my advice...go with what works for you. With my DD, we were pretty flexible...we kept to somewhat of a schedule, but if we were out shopping and she ate 15 to 30 minutes later than usual, no biggie. If she was crying, I found a place to go feed her (once even in a dressing room of a store). But if we were almost done and heading home, I waited until we were home. And I am American and live in the Netherlands...some people told me we live in the Netherlands, I should only speak Dutch or she'd never learn it, but I also have family in America that wants to speak to my kids and nearly everyone speaks English now, so I ignored the nay-sayers and I spoke English...now she's 11, fluent in 2 languages and at the top of her year, plus learning Spanish while all the other kids are learning English. With DS, I tried to be more structured with sleeping and eating schedules....he's a poor eater and for the longest time he woke up at 4 in the morning, while DD is a good eater and sleeper. So did it make a difference to be regimented? If it did, it wasn't in a GOOD way. So...do what works for you and don't worry about doing everything the "right" way. There isn't only one right way, there isn't even only one GOOD way. Relax and enjoy being a parent.

Well, I see I am MONUMENTALLY late...but maybe someone else can use the advice. 0
Our daughter is still a picky eater. I basically give up for now. Yesterday we went to a new restaurant for us and she wanted chicken fingers. She said they look good and smell good and I am so hungry. Takes one bite and says the chicken is too hard I don't like it. :mad: I was so frustrated. So I do still need to relax sometimes or just "Let it Gooooooooooo".

Songbird76

Our daughter is still a picky eater. I basically give up for now. Yesterday we went to a new restaurant for us and she wanted chicken fingers. She said they look good and smell good and I am so hungry. Takes one bite and says the chicken is too hard I don't like it. :mad: I was so frustrated. So I do still need to relax sometimes or just "Let it Gooooooooooo".
OMG that sounds just like my son. Last Summer, DH went all over the place in this one town where we were vacationing, looking for french fries and chicken nuggets. It's one of those towns where it's just one main street that goes right down the middle, and has a population of fewer than 1000...there is no McDonalds. We had all eaten and were heading out for a lighting ceremony at Mt. Rushmore, so limited time. DH finally found a gas station that had fries...no chicken nuggets, so he gets the fries, and DS doesn't even taste them...just looks at them and says "I don't want them...they are too thick." Guess who didn't get to eat that night? (he had already turned his nose up at the chicken nuggets we got him that afternoon in Keystone, AND the hot dog we got him at the restaurant where we all ate.) DH had no patience left.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom