Holy Crap, I'm a Dad!

Uncle Lupe

Original Poster
Thx all, name is Allison Rose, mommy doesn't want pics posted. So I would but I prefer to keep what's left of my manhood.
That first P00p was unreal, I didn't something that little could do that.

MickeyDent

CONGRATZ!!!!!!

Make sure you're "there". Take time to just watch her grow up. A previous poster said it best, she'll be in jr. high before you know it.

Don't miss anything.

P.S. The first time she calls you daddy is gonna blow you away. Savor every second you have with her.

mousebymarriage

Congrats!! :sohappy: The only advice that I can give is just to love her no matter what! Love her even when she is teen (or almost a teen) and has a bad attitude and thinks you don't understand her.

Uncle Lupe

Original Poster
Update,

She will be 2 months old on the 2nd of August and doin' fine. We did confirm that she does have polycystic kidneys, which will be a life long problem. Doctors say that serious complications might occur later on in life if at all, hopefully not at all.
Please feel free to leave any personal experience with this problem and all thoughts and prayers are welcome.

And yes we are planning for a Disney trip in a few years, I can't wait! :sohappy:

Uncle Lupe

Original Poster
Bump Update. 123 days and still can't wait.

Little girl just turned 2 yrs old and we are going to the World in October. She knows all the princesses by name even Aurora. Likes to watch Capt. Hook, Fairies, Mickey and friends, Selena Gomez. The time seems to fly, hard to still believe she is two!

My heart melts when she gives me hugs and says aahh Daddy, love daddy.

Her kidney doctor is very pleased with today's appt. However she got sick on the way home and puked all over the car., twice. Such is fatherhood highs and lows.

Thanks Steve for letting me use this outlet for cheap therapy.

Uncle Lupe

Original Poster
Update: :sohappy:

Had another Children's hospital appt today. We had great news!! The cysts in the kidneys are shrinking/ disappearing. The largest one has went from 8 mm to 3 mm. Now the doctor can not explain with medical science what is going on. He can see the difference in the ultrasound but cannot give a reason. But I thank you for all the prayers.

This was a critical appt, from 3 yrs old and on the kidney's do not change much. So now our visits will be stretched out to 1 yr apart. So happy! I was almost moved to tears.

sweetpee_1993

Awwww...I'm so happy for you. Truly. I can't wait to have your happy sigh of relief...2 ultrasounds on our 16 yro's thyroid this year, February & last week...numerous nodules have been found....on the outside I have to be the rock but on the inside I'm scared to death. More doctors appointments to come as we embark on this journey. Next stop is Texas Childrens in Houston in the coming weeks. All the best now & always to your sweet little family. Remember, daddy's girls are always daddy's girls. I still had mine buying me pretty dresses for Easter well into my adult years. LOL!

Uncle Lupe

Original Poster
Thank you. I pray that you do have a good outcome also. I too had to be the strong face at the doctors. But that did not mean I did not break down in the car sometimes alone.

dixiegirl

Thank you. I pray that you do have a good outcome also. I too had to be the strong face at the doctors. But that did not mean I did not break down in the car sometimes alone.

My thoughts and Prayers with you and your family...To hear everything is going good for your little princess is so good to hear..... Have a safe , healthy and happy trip with your little one....!I know she's gonna get spoiled!

sweetpee_1993

Thanks. Yeah, normally I wish for every bit of alone time I can manage (homeschooling and all, I'm neeeever alone). Not right now. If I'm alone I might go there. Ugh. No thanks. Keep us up to speed on your little angel. She's too cute for words. I'm living vicariously. I wanted a girl both times I was pregnant but am glad The Man saw fit to fix me up with boys. :wave:

Uncle Lupe

Original Poster
My thoughts and Prayers with you and your family...To hear everything is going good for your little princess is so good to hear..... Have a safe , healthy and happy trip with your little one....!I know she's gonna get spoiled!

I don't think that she could be spoiled. She is the youngest grandchild and the only girl with five boy cousins on my side. The trip was awesome! It was so much fun to watch her and I had a blast as an adult kid.

Uncle Lupe

Original Poster
Photo Update:

These pics are from the party the happened the day before her Children's Hospital appt.

This is Allison in her Lalaloopsy Pillow Featherbed shirt that my sister made.

100_7240 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

This is me dealing with stress using food. That was a 29" pizza, the one next to it is a 16" for scale.

100_7239 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

All worn out after the party.

100_7259 by Uncle Lupe, on Flickr

sweetpee_1993

Uncle Lupe! I wanted to come back to let you know we had good news, too! Went to the Endocrinologist at Texas Children's yesterday. He said nodules on the thyroid are much more common than most people realize. Just about everyone will have some sort of something there in their lifetime. It's not as common in kids but not unheard of. He said that the problem with even doing any ultrasound imaging to begin with is that once the doctor's see the nodules then they can't just leave it at that. That would be irresponsible. That becomes the point in time where you start down this road of keeping an eye on them, only doing invasive things such as biopsy or exploration when the nodules are big enough to do anything with, when they change, or when they get past a certain size. So far, what Chandler has are too little to do anything with. With such little nodules you're just not likely to get a biopsy sample that could give any conclusive evidence of what is the ultimate worry: malignancy. Soooo, from here there's not much to do other than keep an eye on what's there. If in the future there's a need for further testing then you cross that bridge at that time. We've had ultrasounds in February & late May this year. Next September they'll do another. From there it may be a thing to take a peek at every 2-3 years. As long as his annual check-up blood work is normal and he remains healthy with no other signs of any illness there's nothing else to really do.

I thought it was interesting that he seemed more concerned with Chandler's blood sugar. We have to go do the glucose tolerance test in the next week or so. For a 5'9" kid, 202 lbs. is off the top of the chart for the healthy range. He doesn't look overly obese. He's a big kid. The doctor would like to see him get about 20 lbs. off thru making better food choices and getting more physical activity. Nothing I haven't told the kid myself! LOL!

Thanks for the positive vibes! Here's to healthy, happy offspring to share a lifetime of Disney memories! ;)

wiigirl

Prayers...

75.gif

Uncle Lupe

Original Poster
Uncle Lupe! I wanted to come back to let you know we had good news, too! Went to the Endocrinologist at Texas Children's yesterday. He said nodules on the thyroid are much more common than most people realize. Just about everyone will have some sort of something there in their lifetime. It's not as common in kids but not unheard of. He said that the problem with even doing any ultrasound imaging to begin with is that once the doctor's see the nodules then they can't just leave it at that. That would be irresponsible. That becomes the point in time where you start down this road of keeping an eye on them, only doing invasive things such as biopsy or exploration when the nodules are big enough to do anything with, when they change, or when they get past a certain size. So far, what Chandler has are too little to do anything with. With such little nodules you're just not likely to get a biopsy sample that could give any conclusive evidence of what is the ultimate worry: malignancy. Soooo, from here there's not much to do other than keep an eye on what's there. If in the future there's a need for further testing then you cross that bridge at that time. We've had ultrasounds in February & late May this year. Next September they'll do another. From there it may be a thing to take a peek at every 2-3 years. As long as his annual check-up blood work is normal and he remains healthy with no other signs of any illness there's nothing else to really do.

I thought it was interesting that he seemed more concerned with Chandler's blood sugar. We have to go do the glucose tolerance test in the next week or so. For a 5'9" kid, 202 lbs. is off the top of the chart for the healthy range. He doesn't look overly obese. He's a big kid. The doctor would like to see him get about 20 lbs. off thru making better food choices and getting more physical activity. Nothing I haven't told the kid myself! LOL!

Thanks for the positive vibes! Here's to healthy, happy offspring to share a lifetime of Disney memories! ;)

Great to hear the good news! I must have been getting vibe because I was wondering how it was going but did not want to pry. I haven't been on in a few days do it took me a minute to figure out why this thread popped up and received likes out of no where. :confused:

Does the blood sugar test require a fasting period? I hate those 14 hr fasting periods for my blood work. Keep updating and keep praying.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom