Holy Crap, I'm a Dad!

Uncle Lupe

Original Poster
Just had a girl on 6-2-09 any good advice for a first time father? :sohappy:

I won't be on here as much so keep the Space Mountain debate alive until I can rejoin the discussions.

tigsmom

Congratulations!! ((HUGS))

Advice? Help mom whenever possible; learn how to change a diaper, if she is nursing then change the baby and bring her to mom during the night, if bottle fed then get up for one feeding during the night so mom can sleep a bit.

Do a load of wash or dishes, cook if you can or order in. Run interference, don't let everyone visit at once, space them out and make sure they call first (and don't overstay their welcome). Mom and baby need plenty of rest right now. And don't worry, you will do just fine, take some pics and post for us to see. :wave:

JustPlainBill

Congrats!

Speaking as a Dad of two girls, now 9 and 11 years old take lots of pictures and movies. This will be an amazing time for you, enjoy it, it will go by fast, before you know it she'll be in Jr High!

Have a lot of patience with the wife and/or mother and help as much as possible.

You're going to be the hero in that little ones eyes, more than you may now know, a tremendous responsibility to have, try as much as you can to live up to the role.

If I had it all to do again all over, I wouldn't change a thing!

Being a Dad 1st time and 2nd, was the best thing ever to happen to me, besides being a husband, of course.

JustPlainBill

One more thing...those 2AM feedings are brutal, you'll be sleep deprived for some time before she's able to sleep through the night. Switch off if you can now and then so at least one of you will gets some sleep that night. If you leave it to just the mother she'll get run down. You may get crabby after awhile, just remember it never stays the same it always gets better. It will be patience training for you when she's old enough for potty training!

yankspy

Congrats. Mine is only twelve weeks old so I can't give too much advice yet. There is one thing. Beware of umm, how shall I say this, projectile bowel movements.:lol:

kitten2299

CONGRATS!!!!!!! For advice don't worry about knowing everything you will be surprised how fast you learn. Just enjoy every moment with your baby they grow so fast! Give hugs and kisses to mom and baby :wave:

minnie2000

Congratulations! :sohappy:

What is her name? Would love to see some pictures!

Advice - just do little things to help keep the home tidy - prepare food etc. Keep your mouth shut if your wife/partner is in a bad mood! Take as many pictures and video as possible - you will be glad in the future!

Erika

My advice, make time for the small stuff- you'll never, ever regret that.

Lots of new babies around WDWMagic lately :sohappy: :king:

Erika

Congratulations,

Start practising now to perfect the steely eyed killer glare for future boyfriends, never hurts to make them nervous.

I heard a Jim Brewer interview where he said he's not going to go for Scary Dad- he thinks Crazy Dad will be a lot more effective. I think he may be onto something there. :lol:

magicmaya

Congrats!
My advice to you is to stuff as much Disney related stuff in her head as you can.
That's what My parents did.And help mom as much as possible!

:wave:

PixieMagicMom

Three things:

Alternate baby changing and feeding times between you and Mommy.

Keep baby on a routine! VERY IMPORTANT!!!!

Plan for baby's 1st Disney trip! hehehe

kerrie

first off congrats
there is great advice here.
if she is nursing the best thing to do is give her support, let her know that its ok if it doesnt go perfect the first time. and that if doesnt work she didnt fail.. I think i see alot of parents who get this way...

let her sleep as muct as she can. she also needs to be reminded to take help when offered I was alway sliek no i got it and didnt want to burden any one.

if your schedual people then go for schedual if not dont force one not every child is a schedual person. and oone more thing

HAVE FUN!!!!!!:ROFLOL:

Disneybird

Babies are not text books, meaning they're all different.

And let your child be a child, don't expect her to act like a much older child than she is. As she grows you will sometimes have to remind yourself that's she only 1, 2, or whatever.

Love her unconditionally and take time for her everyday. This goes for mom too.

Read to her, play with her, kiss her everyday, and never stop reminding her how much she means to you. This goes for mom too.

I went with my "baby" to look at wedding gowns today! :cry:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom