Hollywood studios

JordanNite

Original Poster
Got to laugh at the dire mess this park is in.

Well done to Iger - takes away rides and replaces them with nothing. 150 minute queue for Toy Story, is laughable - but what are people meant to do, most rides, even fillers, have been taken away.

Star Wars land? Don't me laugh, this CEO will never spend a penny on the parks. We all clamour for new rides but instead we have rides taken away from us.

I went late, was done with the parks in a few hours, saw the late night show - and i didnt bother queuing for Toy Story.

BrianV

Got to laugh at the dire mess this park is in.

Well done to Iger - takes away rides and replaces them with nothing. 150 minute queue for Toy Story, is laughable - but what are people meant to do, most rides, even fillers, have been taken away.

Star Wars land? Don't me laugh, this CEO will never spend a penny on the parks. We all clamour for new rides but instead we have rides taken away from us.

I went late, was done with the parks in a few hours, saw the late night show - and i didnt bother queuing for Toy Story.

The park is in a state of transition. Perhaps the CEO has no intention of adding anything ever. But I'd be surprised if that was the case. We have seen repeatedly that the wheels of disney move slowly...too slowly for many of us.

bethymouse

I just think perhaps they closed down the attractions too early, unless they are doing things behind the scenes that we're not aware of yet! I hope D23 brings news about what DHS "backlot" will be "transformed" into! I hope they don't permanently close any more attractions before letting us know what the future will be! I usually avoid TSMM! But, this time FP+ forced me to choose between TSMM and RNRC!:mad: I have 10 year old boys, so we chose RNRC. I don't park hop, so this year we are going to DHS. I haven't seen Fantasmic! since 2007! But, otherwise sadly we'd skip DHS altogether!:(

Disneyhead'71

I think the OP has got it (by "it", I mean... The Right Stuff). What he doesn't know though is that by Hangin' Tough we'll eventually see that Step by Step the park will improve.
Well, after 25 years of aggressive expansion they have worked up to 5 rides.
I'll probably be dead before the park manages it's way to 7 whole rides.

JordanNite

Original Poster
Why close the backlot tour, etc if you are going to replace it with nothing? They closed American Idol too, and that Pirates caribbean thing - why not just leave them?!

patch553

Why close the backlot tour, etc if you are going to replace it with nothing? They closed American Idol too, and that Pirates caribbean thing - why not just leave them?!
I have agree, when we went in feb , during the sorcerers hat removal,we were pretty disappointed it seemed hollow:(

Tom

Beta Return
I'm subscribing to this thread based solely on the unique perspective and insightful commentary. I had no idea anyone had the opinion that the park was a dire mess. That's certainly NEWS to me.

I also didn't know that Bob Iger specifically adds and subtracts attractions from theme parks. He must be a busy guy, between ride selection, the scripts he writes for the studios and ABC, animation cells he has to ink and superheroes he has to make gender selections for.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom