Hollywood Studios Park Wide Changes Incoming?

roj2323

Does anyone know if the ugly light blue 1950's looking gate entrance to DHS will change? I really think that entrance can use a refresh.
I can't imagine they will be changing it as even the Gondola station will have the same styling. They could possibly change the color or other details however.

Slowjack

Does anyone know if the ugly light blue 1950's looking gate entrance to DHS will change? I really think that entrance can use a refresh.
Hmm. Are you just asking whether it will get some paint and cleanup, or are you asking whether Disney will ditch that whole classic-Hollywood vibe for something a little more "now"? Mind you, I don't know the answer to either.

Kman101

I noticed the parking entrance could use a coat of paint ... very faded. First time I ever used that entrance (I either took the bus in or drove through the other entrance with one booth to pay).

UpAllNight

Wow first visit to DHS for a few years this week and what a complete state this park is in. It's saved by ToT which just about made the park worthwhile but 90 mins Rock n Rollercoaster all day, 70plus mins Toy Story, shows absolutely packed out and turning people away who've queued over 25 mins. Complete carnage... in May. I feel bad for anyone visiting over the summer months.

They've also just scattered Star Wars absolutely everywhere they can fit it. Such a mess.

Fantasmic scheduled for 9 and the Star Wars show for half past, meaning you have a choice to make. Particularly grates when there's so little to do in the park. Also caused chaos with people watching the end of fireworks when trying to leave Fantasmic. Mess.

There must surely be plans beyond Star Wars and Toy Story? It saddens me but I refuse to go anywhere near it again in the condition my once favourite Disney park is in.

roj2323

Look up Pan-Pacific Auditorium.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pan-Pacific_Auditorium
pan-pacific.jpg

Kman101

Wow first visit to DHS for a few years this week and what a complete state this park is in. It's saved by ToT which just about made the park worthwhile but 90 mins Rock n Rollercoaster all day, 70plus mins Toy Story, shows absolutely packed out and turning people away who've queued over 25 mins. Complete carnage... in May. I feel bad for anyone visiting over the summer months.

They've also just scattered Star Wars absolutely everywhere they can fit it. Such a mess.

Fantasmic scheduled for 9 and the Star Wars show for half past, meaning you have a choice to make. Particularly grates when there's so little to do in the park. Also caused chaos with people watching the end of fireworks when trying to leave Fantasmic. Mess.

There must surely be plans beyond Star Wars and Toy Story? It saddens me but I refuse to go anywhere near it again in the condition my once favourite Disney park is in.

Saw the SW fireworks last week for the first time. They were great. But leaving was horrible. Absolutely awful. But I went to the park in the evening when crowds emptied out. I didn't need FP for Star Tours or GMR but I used them anyway. ToT I used a FP for. I often skip RnRc. Most shows stop by 4 except for Frozen (and Mermaid I guess but I've long been over the Mermaid show). I don't really like that. You're left wandering because all the shows are done.

But it was low crowds and 30 minute wait for TSM (though I don't do it).

But overall I agree with you. I just lucked out but I suggest people maybe go in the evening. You can get the headliners done.

I quite enjoyed my time there actually LOL but under those circumstances you experienced I wouldn't have either.

huwar18

They will be painting that one with a buldozer in the next year so don't expect any money to be spent to spruce it up.

Are they still moving the entrance to the park or just revamping that entrance? I could see them keeping it because California Adventures has that same style.

MCast

Moving it entirely. The only thing that will remain of that entrance is a cast parking entrance from the looks of things. The Bus entrance will also be reconfigured but we don't yet know how.

I'm late to the party, but just to clarify - we're talking about the current DHS guest entrance? This is going to be relocated somewhere? If so, where?

Jon81uk

Fantasmic scheduled for 9 and the Star Wars show for half past, meaning you have a choice to make.

But as you said the park seemed busy, imagine how busy Fantasmic and the fireworks would have been if it was possible to see both. There isn't enough viewing space in front of the Chinese Theatre for everyone to see the projections so they schedule so you have to make a decision. Also if guests are then spending two evenings in DHS it means fewer guests attempting to stand in the MKs hub for fireworks.

Indy_UK

Didn’t want to start a new thread but...

Toy Story land is almost done. Star Wars land is well under way so what’s next for Hollywood Studios?

To me, it feels like there’s a lot that still needs to be done to the Studios past Galaxies Edge. Do we think we’ll get anything before the 50th?

Surely at minimum, BatB will get replaced?

In terms of timing, to me, it makes sense to close animation courtyard next and work on that area. I still think they could be a bit lazy and get away with the laugh floor moving over and replacing mermaid show

NiarrNDisney

In terms of timing, to me, it makes sense to close animation courtyard next and work on that area. I still think they could be a bit lazy and get away with the laugh floor moving over and replacing mermaid show

I think that would have worked had they decided to continue with Pixar Studios and expanded into Animation Courtyard but now that Pixar Place went to Toy Story I dont see how it would mesh well.
Honestly I hope they will expand on an area devoted to Mickey, Minnie and friends and overhaul the Courtyard to Disney Studios and Walt.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom