Hollywood Studios Interactive Game Ideas

The Sorcerers Aprentice

Original Poster
I would make a game involing the Muppets. This would be a mix of Sotmk and Agents P's World Showcase Adventure. Meaning there would be both physical effects and screens to play with. You would be given a map for each land in the park to find all of the locations. An RFID card would be used to trigger effects. Coments, questions or critiques all are welcome.

Turtle

I would make a game involing the Muppets. This would be a mix of Sotmk and Agents P's World Showcase Adventure. Meaning there would be both physical effects and screens to play with. You would be given a map for each land in the park to find all of the locations. An RFID card would be used to trigger effects. Coments, questions or critiques all are welcome.
going to say the same exact thing

Omegadiz

This is going to be a stupid idea, but I think it'd be cool if there were some 101 Dalmatians version where a film director is trying to gather them all for a movie but they've escaped all over DHS and you'd have to go on a scavenger hunt to find them all as they would be themed in with their locations.

The Sorcerers Aprentice

Original Poster
That's actually a really cool idea. There is not a lot of places in Disney that has the 101 dalmatians in it. If that were an attraction I would go and try it.

Zman-ks

That's actually a really cool idea. There is not a lot of places in Disney that has the 101 dalmatians in it. If that were an attraction I would go and try it.
75.gif

Very good idea!

The Sorcerers Aprentice

Original Poster
In The Great Muppet Caper you pick up a map and RFID card. The card has one side with the attractions logo and a magnifying glass on the other. You can pick them up at two locations. Either you can go to a location on Hollywood Boulevard or go to a second location in The Muppet area. You are then assigned a land and location to begin the mystery.

The back story for this attraction is that the Muppet's have formed a detective agency in Hollywood Studios called The Muppet's Detective Agency. Their organizations slogan is Sleuthing for the Stars Since 1936. I choose that date because that was the year Jim Henson was born. I will explain the use of the card and map soon. Questions and critiques are welcome to make this idea the best it can be.

Also don't be afraid to post your own ideas in here to.

Edit I have know posted how the RFID card and map work.

The Sorcerers Aprentice

Original Poster
At any location there will be a circle for guests to stand on with the attractions logo. To start the effect/screen the card must be tapped on a RFID reader that looks like a magnifying glass hidden next to the location.
This is how the RFID Card will works. It triggers any screens, effects, or anything else for your assignment.The card is reusable much like the key card for Sotmk. If you forget where you are just go to any location, tap your card and it will tell you the correct place to go.

The map will be used to show all the places you need to go. All screens and effects will have a symbol that can be found on the map.

Rpearson

A Definite yes in seeing more Muppets in the parks. A little interactive adventure in the P&F and SOTMK may just be what the doctor ordered.

Of course the inner fanboy deep inside of me would love to see animatronic versions of the puppets utilized instead of screens. But alas, Id be just as fine with the screens :)

The Sorcerers Aprentice

Original Poster
@Turtle Now would your idea be for more like a lands story or would it be for the plot of the whole game? Either way I like that idea. Thanks for the good ideas!

@Rpearson I was thinking there could be some animatronics as effects. Maybe when you find the culprit you could see an animatromic version of him or her.

If anybody wants to post ideas about possible story lines for different lands go ahead.

MonorailRed

Applebees
You could really have spoof scenes happening in each land the game is in.

For instance, You could have a Indiana Jones pun near the show. Maybe Gonzo's looking for something and he triggers a Indiana-Jones trap. Or Maybe Miss Piggy trying to help find the things with the guests nea the Chinese theater, but takes over the Great Movie Ride instead?

Maybe even a Star Wars Spoof near Star Tours?

You could even see some Muppets on rides in the game, looking for their items with you. Could you imagine seeing some Muppets on the Tower of Terror?

It could add some real humor and fun to the Studios...

The Sorcerers Aprentice

Original Poster
Sunset Boulevard
The Hollywood Tower Hotel is majorly involved. Of course hilarity will ensue with any Muppet story. For some of the effect I'm thinking the windows by Tower of Terror. Also, the area around Aerosmith could be used. I'm sorry that I can't give full and accurate details of the effects or script. I'm not very good at writing tiny specific details like that.

You learn that the props which end up being bags of tools for the Swedish Chef were loaned to the guest that were sent to The Twilight Zone. The bags have disappeared from this dimension hence our search to find them. After more searching you find the props have mysteriously reappeared using holographic projections. The Muppet's then thank you and send you on your next assignment.

Unlike Sorcerers order of effects and screens will matter. For example the reappearing props will only be available at a couple of locations.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom