Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit?

crazydaveh

I was there today, ops SUCKED! Two trains were running and the wait was 120-150 minutes all day. Single rider was open for a bit this morning, but closed this afternoon. Once it closed, you could see an empty seat on just about every train. We didn't go on it because two hours in the heat and storms today was just too much... Plus the TM's were rude as all.

The TM's were getting tired and rude to the people asking questions and were making up so much BS info for answers. When asked why the single rider line wasn't open this afternoon, one TM replied, "It's never been open." I said, "It was this morning, we came and saw it open." His reply, "Oh, it's down for technical reasons." Quality info they have I tell ya!

It seemed some of the TM's selling the Express Pass were telling people they could ride Rockit with it, WRONG!

I too still think it should be in "technical rehearsals" because it's not working 100%.

I'm not going to try to ride again until school is back in session and the tourists go back home.

agent86

While I'm no fan of Everest, especially without the A-yeti, let's not get carried away.

How is that getting carried away? Many of Everests themed features stopped working almost from the beginning, leaving it not much more than just a roller coaster. This sounds like one of those examples on these boards of how when Disney does something, there's always some "reasonable" explanation for it, but if Universal does it, it's just unthinkable. If anything, shouldn't those standards be reversed if we're all such huge Disney fans? Shouldn't Disney be held to a higher standard? But it seems as though we actually hold Universal to the higher standard. Maybe that's because Universal has done a better job of setting a higher standard in recent years. Just a thought.

EpcotServo

How is that getting carried away? Many of Everests themed features stopped working almost from the beginning, leaving it not much more than just a roller coaster. This sounds like one of those examples on these boards of how when Disney does something, there's always some "reasonable" explanation for it, but if Universal does it, it's just unthinkable. If anything, shouldn't those standards be reversed if we're all such huge Disney fans? Shouldn't Disney be held to a higher standard? But it seems as though we actually hold Universal to the higher standard. Maybe that's because Universal has done a better job of setting a higher standard in recent years. Just a thought.

Just a thought you've shared many times, unsuccessfully.

Matpez

I went back this morning. First, new test seats outside:
http://twitpic.com/euuk2

It was CRAZY! It was first posted to open at 10:30, then changed to 10. By 9:30 the line was all the way to the end of music plaza snaking back and forth. One TM told me they were going to attempt 4 trains. I never saw that happen. At one point I saw 3, but then right back to 2. After I waited in line for about 20 minutes, they opened single rider, and I got out of line and into that one (I really was by myself). In single rider my wait was greatly reduced, but still insane. They were basically running 1 train at a time.
I rode today for my second time. My fist time last Saturday I rode first car second row. This time, second car first row (what they call row four). The ride is a much better, more fun, more airtime experience from the second car. Also, the ride was much less rough this time, I don't know if that difference is each train, the row or something else. By the time I left, they were still running 2 cars very slowly and the posted wait was 180. They were no longer allowing single riders.
My video did work and appeared to show much more of the on ride footage than we have seen before. I didn't buy it.

Jasonflz

:rolleyes: Yep. Just a roller coaster set in a gigantic mountain 199 feet tall aboard a dilapidated steam train.

Even without the effects EE will still be above an average coaster.

mjc1984

has anyone heard heard of when the official opening of the ride will be? i'm hopeing they bring in a big artist the open the ride. i knew when the opened diaster they had the rock there. so hopefully they will bring in someone to open the coaster.

Figment1986

has anyone heard heard of when the official opening of the ride will be? i'm hopeing they bring in a big artist the open the ride. i knew when the opened diaster they had the rock there. so hopefully they will bring in someone to open the coaster.

it is technically open... from all accounts the press were notified and such... no big grand opening but they did do the impossible and get it "open" by the end of summer...

crazydaveh

Do you think Universal PR is dumb enough to hold an event for a coaster that's several months overdue? The press wouldn't focus on the coaster as they usually do at openings, but on the delay and why it's taking so long to get it up to 100%. If Universal did a big event, especially right now, it wouldn't be too positive of a story.

I think they're going to go all out with the HP area, when it opens. You know they're learning a lesson right now with the so called opening of Rockit, but they learn flaws every time they open a new big attraction.

sknydave

They've been promoting the opening down here in South Florida. I've seen commercials on television and even saw one in the movie theater while waiting for the movie to start.

EpcotServo

So you're saying you've noticed it, but others haven't? That sounds rather arrogant, not to mention insulting to other readers, don't you think? :rolleyes:

No, what I'm saying is that nobody cares enough to talk about it and we're either personally extremely stupid, or we are both just incredibly skilled at ticking each other off.

jonnyc

I think they're going to go all out with the HP area, when it opens. You know they're learning a lesson right now with the so called opening of Rockit, but they learn flaws every time they open a new big attraction.

Will they go all out for just the opening of the shops though or wait till it is all complete?

hardcard

Open my butt... Waited till 12:30 today, and it was still closed.. not good.. sorry, say what you will, but Uni screwed the pooch with this one

JT3000

:rolleyes: Yep. Just a roller coaster set in a gigantic mountain 199 feet tall aboard a dilapidated steam train.

Even without the effects EE will still be above an average coaster.

I wholeheartedly disagree. While the mountain exterior is impressive, the on-ride theming leaves a lot to be desired. The ride itself is also not very thrilling.

Greg34

Anyone know why it was down most of the day? I saw all sorts of people working on the braking zones on the citywalk side are 1 PM.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom