Hollywood Brown Derby Lounge | Recent Visit

Eddie Garrison

Original Poster
Yesterday, 11/3/2016 my wife and I headed out to The Studios for some fun and decided to hit up the outside lounge at the Hollywood Brown Derby. The weather was just about perfect and it is one of our favourite spots when the weather is nice and not burn your skin off hot.

An added bonus we found today ... One of our favourite bartenders from Typhoon (Ryan) is now working there since they are about to close up shop for the "winter".

We started sharing the Cobb Salad, as you do, when you're at the Brown Derby. As always, the salad was very good with ample amounts of everything.

14900477_1505081162851748_2022664751991105661_n.jpg

From there ... We had never tried the Pull Pork offerings there so we decided to give those a go. They are in an Asian style steamed bun & is served with a good spicy coleslaw. These were very good & we will be getting these again on our next visit for sure.

14910432_1505081186185079_6755835030033389037_n.jpg

Just a little update in case someone was wondering how this location was recently. Again, now that the weather is great here in Orlando. This is one of our favourite spots to sit outside at the Studios. It also offers a decent view of the Star Wars stage show that runs throughout the day as well.

Eddie Garrison

Original Poster
BDL is an awesome place for food, drink, and people watching. Persnonally I like the Derby Sliders with a La Fin Du Monde.

Definitely a great spot for some good people watching. I like the sliders as well. We had just never tried the pulled pork deals so we went with those yesterday.

SSH

Has anyone tried the margarita flight here? Read about it on another review and was thinking of giving it a shot on the next visit. Torn between the sliders and the pull pork pic above - both look awesome. Never eaten here either...

Eddie Garrison

Original Poster
Has anyone tried the margarita flight here? Read about it on another review and was thinking of giving it a shot on the next visit. Torn between the sliders and the pull pork pic above - both look awesome. Never eaten here either...

Never had the Margarita flight, as I am not a fan of Margaritas. But I have had the Martini flight. Very good!

NeedMoreMickey

We will be in WDW middle of March and I would love to be able to get my Cobb salad to go. Staying at BC and it would be wonderful to sit by the pool with the salad for lunch. My group isn't interested in eating at HS this trip.

Jae99

What is the normal wait time for a table at BDL. I am planning a trip and thinking about keeping my days free of too many reservations. I am hoping on being able to avoid too many adr's and enjoying some of the many lounges throughout the resort.

WDW74

One of our favorite downtime spots for chillin and people watching. Generally we'll have a coupla flights (they have several) and split a charcuterie board.

WDW74

Flights
Citizens of Hollywood - Martini Flight of the Stars - $11.25
A tasting of three martinis
Shelby Mayer - Grey Goose and dry vermouth
Honey Darling - Bombay Sapphire gin and Dry vermouth
Dorma Nesmond - Ketel One Citroen vodka, pomegranate liqueur and cranberry juice.

Citizens Take Flight - $11.25
A tasting of three flavored Margaritas
Bucky Greenhorn Derby Margarita
Melvin Macheezmo Mango Margarita
“Ready” Freddy Fiddlesticks Pomegranate Margarita

Champagne Flight - $16
2oz. pour of each
Fairy Tale by Iron Horse, Celebration Cuvee Brut, Green Valley '12
Banfi Rosa Regale Brachetto d'Acqui, Piedmont, Italy '11
Tattinger Brut La Francaise Riems, France N.V.

White Wine Flight of the Stars - $14
2oz. pour of each
Fess Parker Riesling, Santa Barbara County '11
Fess Parker Chardonnay, Santa Barbara County '11
Fess Parker Viognier, Santa Barbara County '11

The Belle of Hollywood - $20
A Pinot Noir Flight from the counties of Monterey, Santa Barbara and Sonoma.
2oz. pour of each
Belle Glos Las Alturas Vineyard, Santa Lucia Highlands '11
Belle Glos Clark and Telephone Vineyard, Santa Maria Valley '12
Belle Glos Dairyman, Russian River Valley '11

Scotch Flight - $25
.75oz. pour of each
The Macallan 12yr., The Macallan 15yr., The Macallan 18yr.

Grand Marnier Flight - $28
.75oz. pour of each
Grand Marnier, Grand Marnier 100 year, Grand Marnier 150 year

Artisanal-Cheeses-and-Charcuterie-Board.jpg

Martha46

The Margarita Flight is fantastic. My favorite part of a BD experience.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom