'Holidays Around the World' to become 'Epcot International Festival of the Holidays'

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Are they rebuilding the arches from the Christmas lights
Why bother? They could just place giant video screens along and above the walkway, and show video of the lights twinkling overhead...
Lights are obviously obsolete technology, while food kiosks designed to remove money from your wallet are timeless tech.
Perhaps they could sell Augmented Reality headsets that would superimpose the arches and lights all over Epcot, not just the walkway between FW and WS. That way, those who pay for the headsets get the holiday touches, and those that don't just get the run-of-the-mill Epcot experience.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I wonder how long until it's announced there will be an "Epcot Festival" every day of the year?

Late winter/early spring: Festival of the Arts
Spring/early summer: Flower and Garden Festival
Summer: [Coming soon, no doubt!]
Late summer/early fall: Food and Wine Festival
Late fall/early winter: Festival of the Holidays

I said it in a different thread earlier today - "Coming soon - Epcot's Sizzlin' Summer Festival". At this point, I'd almost guarantee it's coming. Soon everyone will have an opportunity year-round to over-indulge and vomit in World Showcase during a 'Festival'... :depressed:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I wonder how long until it's announced there will be an "Epcot Festival" every day of the year?

I said it in a different thread earlier today - "Coming soon - Epcot's Sizzlin' Summer Festival". At this point, I'd almost guarantee it's coming. Soon everyone will have an opportunity year-round to over-indulge and vomit in World Showcase during a 'Festival'... :depressed:

I was at F&W the first week of September and it was too dang hot to really enjoy eating outside... except the chocolate ice cream.

Summer is supposed to be the crowded time and there's also a lot of children and it's very very hot. That's a lot working against a summer festival unless they're willing to put up chilled tents or serve exclusively cold food and treats.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I was at F&W the first week of September and it was too dang hot to really enjoy eating outside... except the chocolate ice cream.

Summer is supposed to be the crowded time and there's also a lot of children and it's very very hot. That's a lot working against a summer festival unless they're willing to put up chilled tents or serve exclusively cold food and treats.

Pfffft... when has sound reasoning and logic like that stopped Disney from trying to make a buck? ;) The only thing I could see stopping Disney from creating a summer festival is if Epcot was just too darn busy to handle any additional crowds. :hilarious:

Biff215

Agreed on the heat. We caught the first day of F&W this year which we were excited about, but it was so hot we bypassed a majority of the booths we were looking forward to.

Cold food and treats isn't a bad idea if they are intent on keeping the booths out year-round, although as you said summer is already busy so it's not really needed as a draw. Plus I imagine those few months without a festival allows them to work on each booth and prepare for F&W again.

Radeksgrl

Bummed about the new holidays festival menu. My two favorites from 2016, the Caramel Kiss (warm caramel drink) and Duck Confit with Brussel Sprouts, are not listed in any of the kiosk menus for this year. That duck confit brussel sprouts was so good last year, I had it at least 4 times over the course of the festival. Guess I'll just have to try to make it at home!

21stamps

Bummed about the new holidays festival menu. My two favorites from 2016, the Caramel Kiss (warm caramel drink) and Duck Confit with Brussel Sprouts, are not listed in any of the kiosk menus for this year. That duck confit brussel sprouts was so good last year, I had it at least 4 times over the course of the festival. Guess I'll just have to try to make it at home!

The caramel kiss was wayyyyy too sweet for me. But it was great for the first two (and only) sips!;) My son may have taken one or two more of his.. but we both had to throw them out before they were a fourth of the way gone.lol

Just4Pics

Yes, the best way to make something feel special is to do it every day.

My family has celebrated Christmas every day since 2014 and my kids are not spoiled brats (I swear!)!

Disney feels special because most guests don't get to go every day. All the rides and shows are generally open everyday and people still love them because they only get to experience them occasionally.

Saying Epcot should purposely not have a festival for several months of the year for the sole purpose of making F&W feel more special is like saying they should purposely close a ride for months just so that it's more special when it's open. That makes no sense. I'm looking forward to year round festivals.

Sunset7132

That's fine by me , don't have to plan vacas around food n wine anymore if it's an all year type thing

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom