Hogwarts Express

Dizknee_Phreek

Original Poster
My apologies if this has already been posted about before. I tried searching for it, but didn't want to go through pages and pages of forum posts to find it.

We're planning our first visit to Universal Studios and we're not sure which ticket to get. I wasn't planning on getting park-to-park because I had been advised to focus on US one day and IoA the next (we're going for 2 days). With that in mind, it didn't make sense to pay more money just to do the train. But, now my parents will be joining us (who have also never been to US) and my dad, who LOVES trains, really wants to do Hogwarts Express. As a huge HP fan, I'd love to do it too especially after I've read about how cool it seems, but was just trying to save a bit of money. I thought I had read before that you could ride the train to the other park, get back in line and ride it back over. But now I'm reading you can't do that. So...which is it? And what is your advice on tickets?

ratherbeinwdw

I recommend the park to park ticket. We never stay in one park all day. If one is too crowded, we take the train to the other. Each way is different. My favorite is US to IOA.
Before we started getting the ap, we would watch for the three days for the price of two. We like to leave in the afternoon and head to a Disney park for the evening. So, we liked having an extra day for anything we missed because of crowds or heavy rain or to be there in the evening when we aren't hot and tired.

BAChicagoGal

A question about the Hogwart's Express. What is the correct/best/favored order to ride the train. Starting in US and going to IOA, or starting in IOA, and going to US? Then of course, you can do a reverse trip. I want to do them in the correct/best order.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
A question about the Hogwart's Express. What is the correct/best/favored order to ride the train. Starting in US and going to IOA, or starting in IOA, and going to US? Then of course, you can do a reverse trip. I want to do them in the correct/best order.
Go from Kings Cross / Diagon Alley (US) to Hogwarts (IoA), like the movies/books.

The animation follows along and tells a corresponding story.

BAChicagoGal

Go from Kings Cross / Diagon Alley (US) to Hogwarts (IoA), like the movies/books.

The animation follows along and tells a corresponding story.

Thanks very much. I was pretty sure that was the way it was. I will be at Universal on September 6th, and 7th. I am excited to ride the train.

AndrewsJ

Thanks very much. I was pretty sure that was the way it was. I will be at Universal on September 6th, and 7th. I am excited to ride the train.
It's really awesome and so unique. It's not a thrilling ride like a coaster just very relaxing and sensory overload. Make sure to watch all of the windows and doors if that makes sense. Have a great trip!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom