HM every other doom buggy

stevendisney13

Original Poster
I was at the Haunted Mansion at MK recently and it was somewhat busy, 40 minute wait for stand by. Why were they only loading every other doom buggy? There must be a reason why, the horrible inside merge queue was packed... anyone have some first hand knowledge of the counterintuitive loading process?

KBLovedDisney

I saw this one time too, they had what looked bat stickers on the buggies to skip. Wonder if had something to do with loading capacity within a certain time frame.

DisneyGirl3820

Maybe it was an operational issue and they wanted to check the buggies moving without the added weight increase and not suspend the ride altogether.

Goofyernmost

Maybe a drive motor or two was out of service and they were trying to keep the load weight down to one that could be handled without causing further damage or failure.

Bairstow

Audio issue, maybe? Does Mansion still trigger audio for packs of 3 buggies or did that change when the ride went digital?

Yert3

Omnimovers should not have fastpass. Period. It makes the standby take way longer than it should, even more that other attractions. Back when paper fast was a thing, Haunted Mansion had that too. It was eventually discontinued and when we asked the cast member why, they said "it made the standby line extremely long." My question is, if they already discovered this YEARS ago, why add fastpass to the ride again? It just makes no sense. Fast pass should be abolished for all attractions, really. Stand by would continually move instead of being stopped dead in its tracks.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Omnimovers should not have fastpass. Period. It makes the standby take way longer than it should, even more that other attractions. Back when paper fast was a thing, Haunted Mansion had that too. It was eventually discontinued and when we asked the cast member why, they said "it made the standby line extremely long." My question is, if they already discovered this YEARS ago, why add fastpass to the ride again? It just makes no sense. Fast pass should be abolished for all attractions, really. Stand by would continually move instead of being stopped dead in its tracks.
Because they FP+ gives them the ability to keep this attraction running at near max capacity.

Bairstow

It is a big deal in a park that is bursting at the seams on an average day.

FP+ can turn a day with zero wait where only 1 in 4 doombuggies are filled into one where every one is occupied.

Can it, though?
How is FP+ magically making four times as many guests appear?

What many people overlook is that the implementation of FP+ coincided with a massive uptick in park attendance at the Magic Kingdom. Therefore, "before" and "after" comparisons are not especially useful.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Can it, though?
How is FP+ magically making four times as many guests appear?

What many people overlook is that the implementation of FP+ coincided with a massive uptick in park attendance at the Magic Kingdom. Therefore, "before" and "after" comparisons are not especially useful.
They created an ability to create a sort of artificial demand when they made fastpass+ or at minimum, direct people towards the people eaters.

"We need that third fastpass so you can get your fourth...all that is left is HM, Small World, PoTC, etc...well. just pick one and we will do it."

Bairstow

They created an ability to create a sort of artificial demand when they made fastpass+ or at minimum, direct people towards the people eaters.

"We need that third fastpass so you can get your fourth...all that is left is HM, Small World, PoTC, etc...well. just pick one and we will do it."
I have a hard time believing that there would otherwise be that many daily visitors to the Magic Kingdom who would come and leave without riding the headliner attractions at least once.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I have a hard time believing that there would otherwise be that many daily visitors to the Magic Kingdom who would come and leave without riding the headliner attractions at least once.
I doubt there would be either, but that fastpass can make them ride it twice or more. It also can get people to go there first thing in the morning vs the e-tickets.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom