Hiro and Baymax leaving this week?

BrightImagine

Thank goodness it sounds like they got a reprieve. The queue area at DHS is really nice and the line has been long every time we went. This must be due to technical issues. Thanks to character people for hanging in there for a month or two because kids 9-12 would have been devastated. They just love Baymax.

Launchpad McQuack

I'm really looking forward to the day that a thread about a Big Hero 6 meet and greet won't turn into another (anti-)Frozen discussion thread. I'm wondering if these forums would've been around 20 years ago if people would've been like "Lion King sucks! It's just a Hamlet ripoff! Aladdin is so much better!"

That being said, I am really happy that they are sticking around. I am going back in February, and I really want to see the Baymax costume in person. I did love the Wreck-It Ralph M&G, though. I only got to do it once, but Ralph was one of my favorite characters I have met. His costume was great, plus he had a lot of personality.

Goofnut1980

The meet and greet was nice with Baymax, but the Hiro was just odd. It looked like some random kid jumped into our picture. It should have been him in a different costume.

You folk can keep arguing as to what films are the best, and there's really no right or wrong in that it's personal opinion. Popularity and financial success of any Disney or Pixar film really lies in the hands of Disney's marketing and product development teams. Big Hero 6 simply did not make it as an incredible hit movie like Frozen did simply because they did not put the effort into it. Had Disney gone full out on it creating costumes and pushing them as the characters to be for Halloween, had they created dolls, tech toys etc for the movie has they had with Buzz lightyear many ages ago, I believe it would have been a big success, and this M&G would be staying for all too long.

Personally, I want to see the full sized Wally robot come for a few weeks for a M&G (while we're there of course ;) )

Yes!!!! I wish I had a picture with Wall-E!!!!

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
I got to meet Wall-E at the first D23 they had him out

1935906_178742461144_6267111_n.jpg

Fantasmicguy

I'm really looking forward to the day that a thread about a Big Hero 6 meet and greet won't turn into another (anti-)Frozen discussion thread. I'm wondering if these forums would've been around 20 years ago if people would've been like "Lion King sucks! It's just a Hamlet ripoff! Aladdin is so much better!"

That being said, I am really happy that they are sticking around. I am going back in February, and I really want to see the Baymax costume in person. I did love the Wreck-It Ralph M&G, though. I only got to do it once, but Ralph was one of my favorite characters I have met. His costume was great, plus he had a lot of personality.
But Aladdin is though.

ExtinctJenn

So I've read through all 4 pages of this thread but haven't seen any confirmation that they are indeed leaving this week. I may have missed it (there was a lot of fluff to read through) though. Can anyone confirm/deny? It'd be cool to meet Baymax on our trip!

Matt_Black

And neither is Frozen. I LOVE Lion King, but I'd say it is a bit overrated.

Personally, I'd rank Frozen higher than Lion King, but then I've always favored princess-y movies to talking animal ones. Bolt was AWESOME, though. Now, Hunchback and Treasure Planet? Those are criminally underrated.

Kman101

Personally, I'd rank Frozen higher than Lion King, but then I've always favored princess-y movies to talking animal ones. Bolt was AWESOME, though. Now, Hunchback and Treasure Planet? Those are criminally underrated.

True, I can see how some aren't fans of talking animal movies, LOL. Lion King is also a bit dark but for some reason I just really love it. I also really loved Tarzan, so maybe it was more the music in them then the movies themselves? Hmm ...

Bolt WAS good. Hunchback is vastly underrated. I love that movie. Treasure Planet is also a good movie. It's too bad, like BH6, that Disney doesn't give a darn really unless it involves princesses. Don't get me wrong, I love a good princess movie but it'd be nice to see movies that DID make money get represented better. Those movies just did not meet the INSANELY high expectations that Disney sets and then they consider it a failure if it doesn't. Which is a shame. Look at BH6. It's not "failing" by any means but by the standards they set, they've already dismissed it as a failure. Really a shame. It was far from that.

I still miss the Hunchback stage show at MGM-DHS :/

Matt_Black

It's not "failing" by any means but by the standards they set, they've already dismissed it as a failure. Really a shame. It was far from that.

Well, if it does well internationally and/or on home video sales/ rentals, that might skew things a bit for the better. As it stands, it's already roughly on par with Tangled and Wreck-It Ralph, and those two aren't considered failures by any stretch.

JimboJones123

I thought tangled was better than frozen in every way. But princess and the frog was the best.
Princess and the Frog was 100% PR.

Let's get a nonwhite princess and make her as PC and empowered as possible. We need to make her feel "black" without making it look like we are making her feel "black."

By trying so hard to be non-offensive -- it came off as highly offensive.

Bolt

Let's get a nonwhite princess and make her as PC and empowered as possible. We need to make her feel "black" without making it look like we are making her feel "black."

I like the music.

Matt_Black

Ehrm... Hmm. I didn't have a problem with the film, but then I'm very, very white. That said, I thought the story was nice, the songs were fun, and Facilier was one heck of a bad guy.

Nmoody1

a simple solution to this problem would be to have a BH6 behind closed doors. i imagine having Hiro as a face character means breaks need to be considered for him... you cant have two Hiro's come out, but you could have a Baymax reqdy to replace the other... behind closed doors nobody would see that Hiro changed faces. I guess its what they do with the princesses?

Cmdr_Crimson

Facilier was one heck of a bad guy.
His death scene was pretty BA...
dr-facilier-s-death-o.gif

Fun Fact: Bruce Smith Who animated Dr Facilier Also Did the Animation for The Monstars from Space Jam and it clearly shows that they kind of look like Facilier.
nadastarbig.gif

And his Directorial Debut was his Animated film based on the Comedy of Robin Harris Bebe's Kids...
6a00e54ee7b6428833017743c246f0970d-800wi.jpg

Plus he did The Proud Family and few other animated series...

JimboJones123

Ehrm... Hmm. I didn't have a problem with the film, but then I'm very, very white. That said, I thought the story was nice, the songs were fun, and Facilier was one heck of a bad guy.
It wasn't that anybody was supposed to have a problem with it. And that was Disney's goal. It was just so bland that it was almost offensive at how safe they played it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom