Hiro and Baymax leaving this week?

wdrive

Their reports seem pretty generic. How do you know that they are a reliable source?

They've got everything character related right in the past. Scroll down their feed and you can see things that they've reported on that have happened. They tweeted about Tarzan coming and Pocahontas and Daisy moving in the Animal Kingdom days before I saw it anywhere else.

wdrive

I've seen it reported in various places that their last day is Monday. Seems like a pretty quick run, considering the blu Ray of their film isn't even out yet. Anyone know why they're leaving already? Who's going into that space?
hu12uk1.jpg
hu12uk1.jpg

They're only leaving Disneyland in California on Monday. They will be in DHS until March.

Bolt

I've seen it reported in various places that their last day is Monday. Seems like a pretty quick run, considering the blu Ray of their film isn't even out yet. Anyone know why they're leaving already? Who's going into that space?
hu12uk1.jpg
hu12uk1.jpg
Scroll up and read - you'll see some useful sources.

Sped2424

I'm sorry but Tangled is Lightyears beyond Frozen in storytelling....seriously Frozen is pathetic....

Once Upon A Time Frozen was so much better than Cartoon....ugh. rant over
??? I really don't see how it's LIGHT years ahead of frozen. The music is actually in my opinion rather lacking in tangled, rapunzel's princess song is forgettable at best and at worst its an attempt at a 1990's soft guitar anthem. Frozen had the music and I will say tangleds story is good and fleshed out I don't think it's light years ahead of frozen. I have seen pathetic animated films thanks to school, frozen is not one of them by any means. Is it the best disney has to offer? No. But is it bad or pathetic? Not in the slightest. It's a good disney flick, not the best, but good. I think it sits in with the rest of the disney classics quite well.

note2001

You folk can keep arguing as to what films are the best, and there's really no right or wrong in that it's personal opinion. Popularity and financial success of any Disney or Pixar film really lies in the hands of Disney's marketing and product development teams. Big Hero 6 simply did not make it as an incredible hit movie like Frozen did simply because they did not put the effort into it. Had Disney gone full out on it creating costumes and pushing them as the characters to be for Halloween, had they created dolls, tech toys etc for the movie has they had with Buzz lightyear many ages ago, I believe it would have been a big success, and this M&G would be staying for all too long.

Personally, I want to see the full sized Wally robot come for a few weeks for a M&G (while we're there of course ;) )

Tigger1988

You folk can keep arguing as to what films are the best, and there's really no right or wrong in that it's personal opinion. Popularity and financial success of any Disney or Pixar film really lies in the hands of Disney's marketing and product development teams. Big Hero 6 simply did not make it as an incredible hit movie like Frozen did simply because they did not put the effort into it. Had Disney gone full out on it creating costumes and pushing them as the characters to be for Halloween, had they created dolls, tech toys etc for the movie has they had with Buzz lightyear many ages ago, I believe it would have been a big success, and this M&G would be staying for all too long.

Personally, I want to see the full sized Wally robot come for a few weeks for a M&G (while we're there of course ;) )
Disney did create toys and dolls, most of which were sold out everywhere this holiday season. The Disney Store exclusive GoGo and Honey Lemon dolls have been sold out online for going on 3 months now...

Cmdr_Crimson

Where have you been? They have been selling quite a bit of BH6 merchandise in the Parks and it's quite popular..http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/10/disneys-big-hero-6-merchandise-lands-at-disney-parks/

jensenrick

??? I really don't see how it's LIGHT years ahead of frozen. The music is actually in my opinion rather lacking in tangled, rapunzel's princess song is forgettable at best and at worst its an attempt at a 1990's soft guitar anthem. Frozen had the music and I will say tangleds story is good and fleshed out I don't think it's light years ahead of frozen. I have seen pathetic animated films thanks to school, frozen is not one of them by any means. Is it the best disney has to offer? No. But is it bad or pathetic? Not in the slightest. It's a good disney flick, not the best, but good. I think it sits in with the rest of the disney classics quite well.

I don't get why some say the Tangled story is so great- it's Rapunzel, with a bunch of semi-funny comedic filler. What's fleshed out about that?
Agreed that the Tangled music is mediocre, at best.
ETA: I do think the Rapunzel M&G is often quite entertaining. So there's that.

Sped2424

I don't get why some say the Tangled story is so great- it's Rapunzel, with a bunch of semi-funny comedic filler. What's fleshed out about that?
Agreed that the Tangled music is mediocre, at best.
ETA: I do think the Rapunzel M&G is often quite entertaining. So there's that.
I don't think it's great, but the story works well enough. I consider it weaker than frozen and that's due to the music and me not really being all that enveloped with rapunzel.

Last edited:

Matt_Black

Well, for one thing, they tied a whole bunch of disparate elements together. In the original story, Gothel takes Rapunzel because EVIL! The hair is not magical at all, and the tears were essentially a Deus Ex Machina with no set-up. In the Disney version, everything is tied together. The flower's powers get passed to Rapunzel, and that's why Gothel takes her, and the healing power goes from the hair to the tears.

Another thing- the Disney version takes the very overt sexual tones and themes of the original story (Flynn knocks up Rapunzel, kids!) and makes it all subtext, and I think that is far more clever.

TB4244

Boy am I glad I took the time to do the Hiro & Baymax M&G in November.

The movie hasn't hit many countries overseas yet and the M&G is going already? BH6 isn't released in the UK until the end of Jan, and everyone visiting the park in the coming year from here hoping to see the pair will be sorely disappointed. Its a real shame. I had hoped that some of the other characters would be added, but its not looking likely.

Oh and in my opinion Tangled is way better than Frozen.

Jon81uk

Just seen Big Hiro 6 on a special preview but doesn't go to regular showing in UK until the end of Jan! Therefore any Brits coming to Florida for Easter will miss-out on the characters they only recently saw at the cinema.

They should also retheme Innoventions to the SF Institute of Technology showcase.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom