Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs (Extra Magic Hours)

SoupBone

Original Poster
I know that this was terminated for hotels including this one in either 2015 or 2016, but it's still listed as an official Walt Disney World hotel. I see no mention of extra magic hours, so I guess it still applies, but I figured this place would definitely know.

SoupBone

Original Poster
I guess I was just confused about it still being tagged as an official Walt Disney World hotel. Just seems strange to not offer EMH to families staying there, especially with its connection to Disney Springs now.

AndrewsJ

Its a Disney Springs hotel, and the Springs hotels don't partake in EMH.
That Hilton participated in EMH for many years. Those are official hotels but I think the Hilton had to pay for the privilege and just decided not to renew or Disney decided for them.

Dad 2 M & M

The Hilton site used to say something like "only Official WDW hotel with Extra Magic hours" .....it no longer states that

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I know that this was terminated for hotels including this one in either 2015 or 2016, but it's still listed as an official Walt Disney World hotel. I see no mention of extra magic hours, so I guess it still applies, but I figured this place would definitely know.

The current qualifying list is:
  • Walt Disney World owned and operated hotels
  • Walt Disney World Swan Hotel
  • Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel
  • Shades of Green Resort
  • Residents and Guests of Golden Oak in the Walt Disney World Resort

Lynne M

The term "official Walt Disney World hotel" refers to a group of non-Disney-owned hotels that are located along Hotel Plaza Blvd, near Disney Springs. They have Disney's stamp of approval and are located on WDW property, but they're not Disney resorts, and aren't eligible for the perks you get by staying at one of Disney's resorts. So, no extra magic hours, no Magical Express, no dining plans, no early booking of ADRs or fast passes, no magic bands included with your reservation, and they're not on the Disney transportation system. They run their own bus service to the theme parks.

nickys

Premium Member
Interestingly, the dining cancellation email I got today still lists the Hilton as having EMH. Mind you it also refers to "the Hilton at Downtown Disney"!

However the hotel site itself says EMH stopped being offered as of 31st Dec 2015.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom