High School days

jenweaver

Original Poster
i've seen a few YouTube videos lately with the tag "how I did my makeup in highschool." Most of the people who did the tag have been only been out of high school for a year or two. But there are a few (ahem) "older ladies" redo their 80's and 90's looks, and it's been a scream! For me, looking back, I found myself thinking: How did my parents let me out of the house looking like that?!?
For fun:
What year did you graduate? What was the style that year?
If you could go back in time what would you tell your teenage self? "High five!"
or more like:
"Please put down that blue mascara. If you save all of your Aqua Net money in a piggy bank, you can puta huge down payment on your house one day"
Me: 1994. At the time, I rocked it! Those 4 years began with 5" high claw bangs, clown blush and zinc pink (or frosted brownie) lipstick. Senior year wasn't much better. Scrunched long hair, black eyeliner, and that 90's dark brown lip.

Nemo14

I think I've posted this before but here's my graduation picture. What was i thinking!!!
old-woman.jpg

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Welcome to the forums. Generally folks start with a quasi Disney related post, but no rule says you have to.

Growing up, my dad's rule was - if I can tell you're wearing make-up, you've got too much on.

Now, at almost 50, I still go for the natural look. Black mascara and ... done. Special occasions call for a light touch of eyeliner.

My hair looks the same whether I spend two minutes on it, or forty minutes; so guess which way I lean.

I don't even own a can of hairspray. Not sure if I ever did. My hair is big enough without it. Especially in Florida! :hilarious:

Goofyernmost

Welcome to the forums. Generally folks start with a quasi Disney related post, but no rule says you have to.

Growing up, my dad's rule was - if I can tell you're wearing make-up, you've got too much on.

Now, at almost 50, I still go for the natural look. Black mascara and ... done. Special occasions call for a light touch of eyeliner.

My hair looks the same whether I spend two minutes on it, or forty minutes; so guess which way I lean.

I don't even own a can of hairspray. Not sure if I ever did. My hair is big enough without it. Especially in Florida! :hilarious:
I wonder if that is a Cananadian thing. My wife almost never used any makeup. Eyes, face or anything else. I always felt that women were more attractive with actual coloring and not store bought. Plus I hated the taste of lipstick (from previous experiences) so that was fine with me. As you might have been able to tell, I make no effort to appear to be something that I am not. Sorry world, with me what you see is what you get.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I wonder if that is a Cananadian thing. My wife almost never used any makeup. Eyes, face or anything else. I always felt that women were more attractive with actual coloring and not store bought. Plus I hated the taste of lipstick (from previous experiences) so that was fine with me. As you might have been able to tell, I make no effort to appear to be something that I am not. Sorry world, with me what you see is what you get.
Me too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom