High Line West Side construction

TomHendricks

Looks like it will curve a bit, which makes me like it even more. I was disappointed in the concept artist rendition, it looked like just a long metal structure. Now it actually looks like it could be a railroad line.

roj2323

Looks like it will curve a bit, which makes me like it even more. I was disappointed in the concept artist rendition, it looked like just a long metal structure. Now it actually looks like it could be a railroad line.
If they really want to make it cool they could link it up to pleasure Island

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
As one who spends a decent amount of time each day either on an elevated train and walking or riding my bike under the tracks, I really hope that they get the "aged" look correct on this. I really like elevated train tracks, and love the idea of incorporating them in the design of DS.
This is my view when commuting, either above or below, and I really hope that they get this true to life.
bike_tracks.jpg

Kman101

I'm looking forward to seeing it completed as well. Should look good and it's going to be nice to have an elevated walkway/seating area. Should add a lot to the kinetics of the new Disney Springs.

roj2323

I stopped by disney springs today and took a look at the elevated structure.

The section installed in front of the new Starbucks looks like it is going to be independent of the rest of the "high line" structure. The reason I say this is both ends are "finished" and if the structure were to continue down and connect to the rest of the elevated "high line" it would intersect with the awnings of the Starbucks. The structure was also interesting in that it appeared that it was very over built so it looks like it could have actually held up a train at one time and the "roof" is all precast concrete so I would expect the rest of the "high line" elevated structure to go up quite quickly once they start flying steel. The vertical supports also look to be drilled for zig zag bracing which will be a nice touch of realism once it is finished. keeping the drunk idiots from climbing it however will be interesting.

Last edited:

mm121

I stopped by disney springs today and took a look at the elevated structure.

The section installed in front of the new Starbucks looks like it is going to be independent of the rest of the "high line" structure. The reason I say this is both ends are "finished" and if the structure were to continue down and connect to the rest of the elevated "high line" it would intersect with the awnings of the Starbucks. The structure was also interesting in that it appeared that it was very over built so it looks like it could have actually held up a train at one time and the "roof" is all precast concrete so I would expect the rest of the "high line" elevated structure to go up quite quickly once they start flying steel. The vertical supports also look to be drilled for zig zag bracing which will be a nice touch of realism once it is finished. keeping the drunk idiots from climbing it however will be interesting.

The curve is different from the concept art which is cool.. though it sounds odd they'd have two different sections, as that would require additional access point/elevator towers/etc

the west side did need some additional themeing though in some cities high lines kinda look like an eyesore/visual block especially if not done correctly, hopefully this will be done right.

Mouse Detective

I don't think it will have two sections. Looks like it will have stairs at one end and an elevator at the other end. So far the food trucks have don't seem to have attracted all that much business. Maybe people will buy drinks and go up there to sip them. And keep in mind that while it will bring some much needed shade to the lower level, it will still be bloody hot up on top in the sun for much of the year.

roj2323

I stopped by on monday and the first 2 sections of the main high line were up. I suspect a 3rd probably went up last night.

By all accounts even in it's unfinished state the area looks like it will be fairly short in length and thus out of place. This is in my opinion quite quickly turning into one of the more disappointing additions of disney springs.

Mike730

I stopped by on monday and the first 2 sections of the main high line were up. I suspect a 3rd probably went up last night.

By all accounts even in it's unfinished state the area looks like it will be fairly short in length and thus out of place. This is in my opinion quite quickly turning into one of the more disappointing additions of disney springs.
It's quite short in the concept art. Perhaps they realized it would look a bit out of place and thats why they added a disconnected piece by Starbucks. Kind of like theres just pieces missing in between. I hope more disconnected pieces show up for theming and shade, as I think buildings make an extension impossible.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom