Hidden Gems??

ItlngrlBella

If you have kids and you're at DHS, The ABC Comissary is a good deal. $5/6 kids mea has a ton of food, so much in fact that we saved the packaged things they didn't eat as snacks for later - financially it's a gem if you're looking for a good value. I think their meal came in a lunchbox they could reuse or down kind of cool toy (better than McD's)... So they got a souvinir out of it too.

mouse_luv

OP, I would consider the Plaza a "hidden gem". It's a must go every trip, always have an ADR at least once for it. IDC what the others have said, they have great food (not just all burgers as a PP said), I would consider much of it "comfort food." Not just that but the view, setting, and wait and kitchen staff have always been great and go above and beyond.

DizneyPryncess

The afternoon tea at the Grand Floridian. We had little sandwiches, tarts, berries, tea...it was really good. I've been there twice and both times it was so quiet with so many empty tables. It's such a nice break, and it was enough food for lunch for me!

slipperalwaysfits

I second Olivia's. Your 'hidden' gems are most likely going to be in the resorts. Some others I like, Narcoosee's, Shula's, Turf Club.

We've had some amazing meals, but yes, the "hidden" gems for us have been the resorts, such as the Beaches and Cream (although not really hidden) and Boatwrights at POR. I love the resort meals because they don't compromise on quality, taste, decor or service and they are a great option on an "off day" and you still feel like you get the disney magic! We are going to Beaches and Cream the day we arrive this year.

NiarrNDisney

Some of my favorite "hidden gems" in the World are:

Benihana's (DTD Hilton)
Cabana Bar and Beach Club (Dolphin)
Crew's Cup (YCR)
Grand Floridian Café (GFR)
La Luce (Hilton Bonnet Creek)
Maya Grill (CSR)
Picabu (Dolphin)
Trail's End (FW)
Turf Club (SSR)

Wendy Pleakley

The Ham, Prosciutto, and Swiss waffle sandwich at Sleepy Hollow in MK was one of the best things I had at WDW. Easy to miss or ignore because it's such a small place.

yedliW

The Captain's Grille at the Yacht Club resort is a hidden gem, IMO.

We ate here last week, and everyone in our group LOVED their meal.. I had the chef's creation pasta, which was amazing.. egg noodles, cooked in veal stock, then tossed with the braised short ribs, topped with parmasian and fresh arugula. My dad went with the crab legs, and said it was quite possibly the best meal he had ever had..

We also ate at Cape May. If you like seafood (crabs, clams, muscles, shrimp, etc..) you will love this place as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom