Hidden Gems??

Figgy1

Premium Member
I think TC sounds good but I don't think my boy's (DH and DS) will be that into it. We tried CHH for the first time in February and we loved the seafood mac!! I think that will be on the revisit list for the next trip.
I took my little guy at 5 and he's been a falafel fan ever since and they might like the sliders

disney4life2008

I don't think it's cheap either, but it is the least expensive table service restaurant in the Magic Kingdom. They have several entrées under $15, which isn't true of any of the other TS locations in the park. The most expensive dinner entrée is $18.99 meatloaf dinner. That's on par with the least expensive entrée at Be Our Guest, and the same price as a plate of spaghetti at Tony's.

Good observation. I honestly have heard of Tony's forever it wasnt until a few weeks ago I actually found out where it was. The best value actually is at HS (maybe that is a hidden gem). At Prime Time you can get the 3 sampler plate (meatloaf, chicken, and pot roast) I think for $22. I have always wanted to dine at the Plaza but I always end up cancelling and going to caseys. And since they seem to steadily be raising their prices maybe I will make an ADR for Plaza in the coming weeks.

Sweet Melissa

I've always suspected, perhaps optimistically, that Shutters could be the most hidden of hidden gems. But even though we've stayed at the Caribbean Beach Resort, I still haven't made it over there. Is it not a part of these conversations because its reputation is so bad that nobody wants to try it, or because it truly deserves the reputation?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
would that be considered a snack on the dining plan?
Unfortunately no, since it is a table service restaurant. However, the shakes are only $4.99; we pay cash and leave the server a generous tip. The shakes are definitely worth an out-of-pocket expense! :hungry:

image.jpeg

NCO91590

If you're off the DDP or looking to pay OOP, I like Territory Lounge and Crews Cup for a quiet quick meal. I've got the Cabana Bar on my list for Feb at the Swan/Dolphin. The menu looks awesome.

Captain's Grille is a great choice on the DDP.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Agree with the Captain's Grille and throw the Crew's Cup Lounge around the corner from it into the mix.

Absolutely. One of the top ten meals of my entire life took place in August when I had a lobster roll with a glass of Chardonnay at the Crews Cup Lounge. Which is actually attached to the Yachtsman Steakhouse. As that's a signature restaurant, I wouldn't call it a hidden gem, but it's in our top 3 restaurants on property. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom