Hidden "20" - interesting video and news article about "iaswh"

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
Yes, there are Hidden 20's in this years "it's a small world holiday" in tribute for the 20th Anniversary of the overlay.

The link from the Orange County Register has some backstage shots of CM's installing the overlay, and some other interesting info... (Warning, they do play parts of the song you can't get out of your head...)

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/holiday-736336-lights-peters.html

>>Peters says that visitors riding might be able to spot a few special decorations added just for this year, “we’ve put the number 20 in a few hidden locations throughout the ride in honor of the anniversary.”<<

VJ

I should note something that confused me as well.. By 20th, they mean season, not anniversary. The overlay's actual 20th anniversary is next year, but this is the 20th consecutive holiday season (with 1997 being the first) that the overlay has been open.

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
I should note something that confused me as well.. By 20th, they mean season, not anniversary. The overlay's actual 20th anniversary is next year, but this is the 20th consecutive holiday season (with 1997 being the first) that the overlay has been open.

Well, when Anniversaries at Disneyland are 18 months long, what do you expect???? Guess they will get two seasons worth of the hidden 20's.....

VJ

Well, when Anniversaries at Disneyland are 18 months long, what do you expect???? Guess they will get two seasons worth of the hidden 20's.....
I really have no idea why they did it this way considering it would have been a lot easier to explain 20th anniversary (and they usually celebrate anniversaries, not seasons).

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
I really have no idea why they did it this way considering it would have been a lot easier to explain 20th anniversary (and they usually celebrate anniversaries, not seasons).

Simple, why are "Anniversaries" all 18 months, to include two summer seasons.

Marketing loves to find any excuse for a press release and a special media event....

EDITED to add... Heck, shortly after Walt Disney passed on, Disneyland Marketing "moved" Opening Day (aka Anniversary) from July 18th to the 17th around 1970. (never did figure out the exact year, but the historical documents I have seen, it is the 15th Anniversary as the first reference as July 17th as opening day....

https://darkbeer.smugmug.com/Theme-Parks/Disneyland-Historical/

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom