Hi from the UK

Autismmummy

Original Poster
hi
I'm so excited that my family are going to Disneyworld, we have been saving for years and finally going in October. I'm a bit anxious about staying at the Caribbean Beach Resort with all the building work going on. We chose it because my daughters love pirates and will be staying in a pirate room. I've be reading tripadvisor reviews and they are rather negative. We will be flying United Airlines from Heathrow with a stop in Washington then from there it's on to Orlando about 15 hours flying so we'all be shattered when we get to Resort. Has anyone stayed there during the construction work? I know the shop and restaurants are closed but Disney have food trucks and a tent restaurant. I know it's a big build,but we thought it would be ok. Hubby says it will be fine and changing flights/ resort isn't an option. It's once in a lifetime holiday for us.

donaldtoo

Howdy!!!
Welcome, and congrats on the upcoming trip...!!! :)

We have never stayed at CBR, but, I've heard good things about it. I don't think I'd worry too much about the construction, refurbishment, etc., in the Resorts or Parks. When we were at WDW in July of '07, both Spaceship Earth in Epcot, and Haunted Mansion in Magic Kingdom were being refurbished. 2 flagship attractions. We still had an awesome time with all the rest...! :)
Also, especially if it's y'all's first visit, definitely just take it a (little ;)) easy, and go with the flow...relax and get a feel for it all. Don't feel like you have to hit everything. Take reasonable time, and enjoy all the details, as well as just being there. Y'all will enjoy it so much more...!!! :)
Again, welcome, and hope y'all have the awesomest ;) trip ever...!!!!! :joyfull: :)

donaldtoo

Also, your user name definitely suggests you have a child with autism.
Our middle child (DS) is also on the spectrum, as well as with Asperger's, but, not as severe as most for either. He was born at 1 lb 4oz. (500 grams). He will be 25 in Oct.
Blessings to you all, and again, welcome...!!! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom