HHN-I know it's early, but....

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
There have been a ton of rumors on this since Hogsmeade opened, but the only official word I've seen is a Tweet from the HHN designers months ago saying "We don't know yet" what role Diagon Alley will play.

Will be a customer service nightmare if DA is not open during HHN--they would probably need to run a lawyer-like disclaimer on every ad saying it won't be open just to keep complaints to a dull roar.
I like to think that Rowling would be cool with it being a scaractor-free oasis during the event, but I know she's pretty protective with her property.

JT3000

I can guarantee Diagon Alley will be open, but possibly not used as a scarezone. They can't afford to keep their big new attraction closed for HHN.

I don't know.. I don't know if it should be open during HHN. That or they need to raise the HHN prices.

They certainly don't need to raise prices further, but they will. They do every year.

I wonder if Universal will take advantage of the new Diagon Alley section of the park for future HHN events? A maze based on dark magic would be cool to experience, needless to say that Voldemort would be a "wicked" icon for the event.. That is if icons are even relevant to today's standards, still, he'll be a great character to see appearing on marketing campaigns.

Voldemort could work at a children's event. Not HHN, which revolves around characters that are legitimately scary. ;)

TubaGeek

I can guarantee Diagon Alley will be open, but possibly not used as a scarezone. They can't afford to keep their big new attraction closed for HHN.
There is ZERO possibility that Rowling would allow it to be used as a scarezone. I severely doubt she'll even let them use London.
Voldemort could work at a children's event. Not HHN, which revolves around characters that are legitimately scary. ;)
Murder, torture, mind control... that's nothing. If he was REALLY evil he would have locked people in Stitch's Great Escape.

mahnamahna101

Diagon Alley will be open... much like Simpsons Ride, MIB, Mummy, Rockit, Despicable Me (is it open during HHN?) and Transformers are open. Personally I think Shrek and T2 should also be open since they both have Halloween-friendly themes. Hogwarts Express likely will not stop in IOA though. They'll just travel there and back since IOA will be open

TubaGeek

my thought was make Diagon alley into a war zone like scene with the Aurors and Death Eaters fighting
That couldn't be done up to Rowling's standards; she would NEVER sign off on that.
Has it been confirmed that they won't move the event back to the islands?
I can't cite it, but it has been confirmed for HHN THIS year. Maybe next year for the 25th?

KatMaria

Hmm I heard that Rowling won't let Diagon Alley be open during HHN…..but nonetheless I would love for it to be open. As much as I love the Walking Dead, I hope they don't do another house or scare area of it. Two years in a row is as much as I can handle.

71jason

Hmm I heard that Rowling won't let Diagon Alley be open during HHN…..

There is as much disinformation out there about the JK Rowling contract as the Marvel contract. I will say this:
  • Nothing in the contract specifically forbids HHN (although any changes to the area would require her approval, but that goes for anything).
  • There was a rumor years ago she was the VIP who hated all the booze at HHN, which resulted in the removal of shot girls for the rest of the event. I've since heard it might not have been her after all. Even if it was, easy to keep shot girls out of DA.
  • The only official word I've seen from Universal Creative was a tweet saying "we don't know" if we can use the area.
I spend a fair amount of time on the HHN boards, and I've yet to see a definitive answer on this one way or the other.

Bairstow

There is as much disinformation out there about the JK Rowling contract as the Marvel contract. I will say this:
  • Nothing in the contract specifically forbids HHN (although any changes to the area would require her approval, but that goes for anything).
  • There was a rumor years ago she was the VIP who hated all the booze at HHN, which resulted in the removal of shot girls for the rest of the event. I've since heard it might not have been her after all. Even if it was, easy to keep shot girls out of DA.
  • The only official word I've seen from Universal Creative was a tweet saying "we don't know" if we can use the area.
I spend a fair amount of time on the HHN boards, and I've yet to see a definitive answer on this one way or the other.

I can't imagine their closing off either Potter area during the event.
Even if they don't change a thing, they're still going to be the most popular themed areas in any theme park in the world.
Potter already meshes nicely with the Halloween angle anyway. I mean, everyone's a witch.

KatMaria

Yeah I've heard that she hates all the booze at HHN. Would be interesting (and nice for me who doesn't want to shell out money to go to DA during the day) for them to have DA open during HHN. The more rides open, the better.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom