Hey....

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Dark = good, feel free to dark away.....:cautious:
You'll always get rude Brits, just spoils it for the rest of us...
As for badly behaved kids, don't even get me started on that. Can't bear 'liberal, let's let little Fred/Frederika express themselves because everyone thinks it's cute type parents'..... I do spoil our son, but he gets away with nothing, and it's heaven help him if I don't hear a please or thank-you when it's needed.
And I definitely don't humour the present husband - drunk or sober ;)

(wink)

HRHPrincessAriel

Frankly, the Mexico menus at EPCOT are rather bland as well. Not even one dish that I can think of that features a solid Mole.

And, if you've ever had homemade mexican Mole, it is amazing. Mole chicken and rice is one of my favorite traditional Mexican dishes...but I don't think that is offered at the pavilion.
Yes. Bring from Texas DH wanted to get his Tex Mex fix from Mexican pavilion. We were not crazy impressed.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Yes. Bring from Texas DH wanted to get his Tex Mex fix from Mexican pavilion. We were not crazy impressed.
It isn't even Tex Mex...it's just meh mexican...

The Margarita bar there is great, but the restaurants (though I haven't eaten there in years) seem rather blah...certainly not authentic.

I'm serious, a good chicken mole and rice is amazing. I've had the bad stuff (the bottle stuff is awful), but homemade...it's exquisite.

Brit Girl Lynne

Original Poster
I'll give a UK example (and I don't know this for a fact, I just read a lot about UK recipes)...

At the UK pavilion, the scotch eggs, while they are nice...the yolks are always solid, the eggs are overcooked. From what I've read, good scotch eggs have runny yolks (which is actually really hard to do, I know, I made them at home several times until I got it right)...and, yes, if that is the case, a runny yolk scotch egg is significantly better. Served with some toast (dunno if that is traditional, but it's how I do it), it's really a fantastic meal with a nice tall pint of some ale (I tend to go through these "phases" so I used Bass Ale, because that is british...but I'm sure it would be good with a Sam Adams or something else)

We get them normally with solid, overcooked yolks but, if they are done right, they have a lovely runny yolk......Not sure about the toast element, but each to their own ;)
Don't know about the beer, I'm more of a cocktail kinda gal myself, but the husband likes a Sam Adams so I'll assume that's not a bad beer as he's fairly fussy - he had to be, he married me :eek:

French Quarter

I find that the UK pavilion often has brits eating british food, and then complaining about how it's not that good (which always leaves me wondering...why they bother with the pavilion in the first place)...

Last trip, due to the fact they'd shut down the seating at the fish and chip shop, I got to share a small table with a rather rude british family who loved to be...what's the word..."cheeky"? The dad probably had a pint or two in him, and thought he was being funny and that, as an american I wouldn't get his "humor"...as he made fun of me eating my "fish and chips"...as he winked and nodded to his wife...and his kids were being brats.

I was glad to see them and their pudgy little offspring leave so I could finish my food.

To be frank, I live near some rather ethnic Chinese sections of my city, and have eaten at their "traditional" eateries off menu (with chinese friends), and the food would make the Chinese pavilion look simply stupid with their offerings as well...

That said, I love my fish and chips and scotch eggs from Rose and Crown when I visit. These are not dishes you can find often in the US.

You could have just went with welcome. LOL

I'm going to go with welcome to Wdwmagic. It is great that you are here. I love Brits.

party-time-uk-by-otto-schade1.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom