Hey....

Brit Girl Lynne

Original Poster
newbie alert.....
I'm new to this forum but not new to WDW :joyfull:
I was looking for a Disney Webcam to get my 'fix' as Disney might have disappeared or something since we came in May :rolleyes:
Anyhoo, I came across this site which gave me some very good information about our annual passes which it looks like we can 'enjoy' for a little longer until May before ours change if we renew, along with our Tables in Wonderland.... It sure is getting expensive for us Brits now :greedy: and it would be nice to be able to pay monthly, but it is what it is so I guess we just gotta suck it up for now :facepalm:
So hey everyone and if anyone has any questions about the UK, feel free to ask :angelic:

Brit Girl Lynne

Original Poster
We've eaten at the Rose and Crown - yep, that's right, Brits eating at a British pub in Epcot :rolleyes: and I'd have to say it's pretty weird some of it..... I don't think I have ever had a Ploughman's Lunch over here that came with a fried pickle :depressed:

englanddg

One Little Spark...
We've eaten at the Rose and Crown - yep, that's right, Brits eating at a British pub in Epcot :rolleyes: and I'd have to say it's pretty weird some of it..... I don't think I have ever had a Ploughman's Lunch over here that came with a fried pickle :depressed:
I find that the UK pavilion often has brits eating british food, and then complaining about how it's not that good (which always leaves me wondering...why they bother with the pavilion in the first place)...

Last trip, due to the fact they'd shut down the seating at the fish and chip shop, I got to share a small table with a rather rude british family who loved to be...what's the word..."cheeky"? The dad probably had a pint or two in him, and thought he was being funny and that, as an american I wouldn't get his "humor"...as he made fun of me eating my "fish and chips"...as he winked and nodded to his wife...and his kids were being brats.

I was glad to see them and their pudgy little offspring leave so I could finish my food.

To be frank, I live near some rather ethnic Chinese sections of my city, and have eaten at their "traditional" eateries off menu (with chinese friends), and the food would make the Chinese pavilion look simply stupid with their offerings as well...

That said, I love my fish and chips and scotch eggs from Rose and Crown when I visit. These are not dishes you can find often in the US.

Last edited:

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Frankly, the Mexico menus at EPCOT are rather bland as well. Not even one dish that I can think of that features a solid Mole.

And, if you've ever had homemade mexican Mole, it is amazing. Mole chicken and rice is one of my favorite traditional Mexican dishes...but I don't think that is offered at the pavilion.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I didn't say it wasn't that good - we've been a couple of times and it's been fine (otherwise why go again....) - but I'll defend the fried pickle comment to the death :cautious:
It sortof shocked me too. As someone from the Southern US, I sortof thought we had the world corner on fried pickles... <grin>

Brit Girl Lynne

Original Poster
But as for 'cheeky' aka rude families, there's just no need for behaviour like that. I've cringed at how some of my fellow 'countrymen' behave and act whilst in restaurants..... I can def assure you that family wasn't us - some of us are a little pudgy though :eek:

Hrudey3032

newbie alert.....
I'm new to this forum but not new to WDW :joyfull:
I was looking for a Disney Webcam to get my 'fix' as Disney might have disappeared or something since we came in May :rolleyes:
Anyhoo, I came across this site which gave me some very good information about our annual passes which it looks like we can 'enjoy' for a little longer until May before ours change if we renew, along with our Tables in Wonderland.... It sure is getting expensive for us Brits now :greedy: and it would be nice to be able to pay monthly, but it is what it is so I guess we just gotta suck it up for now :facepalm:
So hey everyone and if anyone has any questions about the UK, feel free to ask :angelic:

Welcome to the boards!

Brit Girl Lynne

Original Poster
Frankly, the Mexico menus at EPCOT are rather bland as well. Not even one dish that I can think of that features a solid Mole.

And, if you've ever had homemade mexican Mole, it is amazing. Mole chicken and rice is one of my favorite traditional Mexican dishes...but I don't think that is offered at the pavilion.

That's a shame - we were thinking of trying that too....

englanddg

One Little Spark...
But as for 'cheeky' aka rude families, there's just no need for behaviour like that. I've cringed at how some of my fellow 'countrymen' behave and act whilst in restaurants..... I can def assure you that family wasn't us - some of us are a little pudgy though :eek:
Part of the pudgy jibe was due to something he said about how fat americans were. Again, his "humor" I suppose, and a classic european/UK joke. He was extremely rude, but his family chortled along with it.

I know that is NOT normal...but, I was still glad to see the family waddle away, and I bit my tongue quite a few times. As I said, I suspect he had a pint or two in him, and his wife was humoring him, and his kids didn't give a flip and were just spoiled little wretches from what I could tell (running around the area and generally not behaving)...

Meh, I got dark really quick. Sorry about that!

englanddg

One Little Spark...
That's a shame - we were thinking of trying that too....
You should. For you all it will be quite a culinary experience. The food is good...but it isn't authentic. I work with Mexicans and South Americans...and the food is far better than what is served there...but, frankly, all the food at EPCOT is homogenized. That doesn't make it bad food at all, though...but...

Well, I'll use Germany as an example. The food there is very good, but if you have had real German food (or like me know how to make it yourself) it's not that great.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I'll give a UK example (and I don't know this for a fact, I just read a lot about UK recipes)...

At the UK pavilion, the scotch eggs, while they are nice...the yolks are always solid, the eggs are overcooked. From what I've read, good scotch eggs have runny yolks (which is actually really hard to do, I know, I made them at home several times until I got it right)...and, yes, if that is the case, a runny yolk scotch egg is significantly better. Served with some toast (dunno if that is traditional, but it's how I do it), it's really a fantastic meal with a nice tall pint of some ale (I tend to go through these "phases" so I used Bass Ale, because that is british...but I'm sure it would be good with a Sam Adams or something else)

Brit Girl Lynne

Original Poster
Part of the pudgy jibe was due to something he said about how fat americans were. Again, his "humor" I suppose, and a classic european/UK joke. He was extremely rude, but his family chortled along with it.

I know that is NOT normal...but, I was still glad to see the family waddle away, and I bit my tongue quite a few times. As I said, I suspect he had a pint or two in him, and his wife was humoring him, and his kids didn't give a flip and were just spoiled little wretches from what I could tell (running around the area and generally not behaving)...

Meh, I got dark really quick. Sorry about that!

Dark = good, feel free to dark away.....:cautious:
You'll always get rude Brits, just spoils it for the rest of us...
As for badly behaved kids, don't even get me started on that. Can't bear 'liberal, let's let little Fred/Frederika express themselves because everyone thinks it's cute type parents'..... I do spoil our son, but he gets away with nothing, and it's heaven help him if I don't hear a please or thank-you when it's needed.
And I definitely don't humour the present husband - drunk or sober ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom