He's a very Freaky boy, the kind you DO take home to mother!

Sunday started bright and sunny, but by the time I was able to drag my family out of the "heavenly" bed, it was cloudy. The prediction was for scattered showers all day, but nothing that required more than my folding rain parka. We didn't get to the park until 10 AM, due to the attack of the comfy bed!

We had a quick cup of coffee, and off to MK. I had been playing phone tag with wdwFreak all weekend, but we had a tentative plan to meet at the MK...but no location or time. As leeocean told me, they "ride the wave of spontaniety." :lol:

We walked onto SM (my son exited at the last minute!) Buzz Lightyear, Pirates, and Splash Mountain. By 11 AM the lack of a hearty breakfast was evident, so we stopped into Pecos Bill for some burgers. We noticed begging Ibisises walking between the tables for the first time. What next, Great Blue Herons? :lol:

We did a HM walk on, and since I hadn't been able to talk to Le Freak yet, we decided to head back for a little swimming. As I was walking to the bus stop, I decided to give Freak one last call. I had a new message! He was at Space Mountain! My family headed off without me, and we made arrangements to meet back at the room at three to pack for our 4PM check-out.

I headed back to SM.

I had a vague idea of Freak's appearance. Aside from knowing that I was a middle-aged mom, he didn't have a clue!

I scanned the area, and spotted a young man bearing a slight resemblance to Donny Osmond, wearing a Parrothead style tropical print shirt, accompanied by a gorgeous young lady! Paydirt!

I'm not sure what he was expecting, but I don't think I was it! ;)

So, off we went;leeocean, Freak, and I, to ride SM. (There was a 5 min wait, not counting the delay due to the father extricating his 5 yo or so son from his death grip on the stanchion, and literally dragging him kicking and screaming on the ride! The remarks by CMs suggesting that maybe he should skip the ride didn't sway the father in the least. ) We were about 10th in line when a CM announced that the ride would be down for at least 20 minutes. sigh. We exited, and opted to ride the Wedway so we could chat and relax. Then we went on Buzz Lightyear, where they both bested me.
:mad:

They stated that they wanted to head over to Future World, and I suggested a stop for some cold, adult, libations. ;)

We hopped the monorail to Epcot, just in time to escape an isolated shower. We rode through it, and arrived to sunshine in Epcot. We went straight to Cantina san Angel in search of a margarita, and Angelique. We found both, :sohappy: , and spent an hour or so chatting away. We got a call from mkt, who was envious of our little group.

Unfortunately, it was getting close to 3, and I had to rush back to the hotel. After goodbye hugs all around, I walked back to the Swan, and arived just as my family was getting back from the pool. BTW, the walk from the Cantina to the room was exactly 12 minutes.

We packed the bags, loaded the car, and off we went.

It was a fun time. The biggest problem I encountered was poor reception on my cell phone. I had terrible connections; Freak either couldn't hear his rings, or it wasn't ringing. Fortunately, the voicemails were working, but the messages were garbled. This may be a problem during the december meet.

I loved the Swan. If they keep offering specials, we might become frequent fliers there.

My family will reconsider coming with me in December, as it will be constant phoning, meetings, etc. If they want to spend most of their time without me, fine. But I can tell that if it were busier, they wouldn't get to do much in the parks. This is partially due to the fact that I will only be spending 3 nights.

MouseMadness

:lol: How cute! This could explain the mystery call I got from him around 11:30 sunday morning.... hmm.... that or it was a mistake. Either way, sounds like you had tons o' fun. :D I did try to call back, 5 times over the course of the day. :lookaroun But I thought I was crossing over from "Friend trying to return a call" to "obsessed weirdo" :lol: Glad you had a good time! :wave:

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
How Cool Mom!!! Sounds Like you had a blast!

You got to see Freak, leeocean, and Angel!! Kewl! :sohappy: :sohappy:

wbboy29

:lookaroun I know what The Mom looks like :lookaroun :lol:

We met in passing once last year when I used to work at Test Track. We didn't get to talk much since I was being bumped from my position at FP return. But I was fortunate enough to meet both you and your daughter. You both were very nice. I'm moving back to Florida this November to go fulltime in Entertainment, so hopefully I'll get to meet everyone else this December at the meet. Anyways, I'm glad you had a great time at the world with your family, hopefully I'll see you guys again in December (if I'm not working that day too, lol)

The Mom

Premium Member
Original Poster
wbboy29, I remember you well. ;) There are several forum members who have met me (mightyduck, Ariel, Mr Promey, kaos, AlicialuvsDisney, markymark, Piglet, wdwcastmemberwannabe, FantasiaBoi/Invero, and now mkt, wdwFreak53, leeocean, Angeligue, and Nick) but there haven't been any pictures of me on the forum...yet. ;)

(If I missed anyone, please let me know!!!)

And you really don't know what I look like; I've lost almost 50 pounds since you saw me. ;)

The Mom

Premium Member
Original Poster
Originally posted by Punkss
Whats this all about? :veryconfu

Most of the outdoor dining areas have been taken over by grackles, gulls, and ducks. The gulls are especially agressive.

This is the first time I've seen ibises walking around the tables, begging for food. They're those white (except for the scarlet ones)wading birds with the long curved beak. My feeling is that the egrets and herons will be showing up next. :lol:

Some of them are 4-5 feet tall, which would make them VERY intimidating! :eek:

WDWFREAK53

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack...

and...heheh... "The Mom" how do you know I didn't sneak a pic of you!!! MUAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

Lhriangel

Okay don't worry Mom I'm fairly sure Bri didn't get a picture of you the other day. :-D He's just trying to frighten you.. although how Bri could frighten anyone I dunno :-D hehe...

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by Angelique
Okay don't worry Mom I'm fairly sure Bri didn't get a picture of you the other day. :-D He's just trying to frighten you.. although how Bri could frighten anyone I dunno :-D hehe...

BOO!

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Originally posted by Angelique
Uh-Oh! It appears that you two got a little "closer and friendlier" whilst down in The World... Anything you two want to tell us before we start evil rumors?? :drevil:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom