Pre-Trip Here we go again.......July 2015!

Yup! I did it! I booked another trip to WDW. Now I get to listen to everyone say, "You're going to Disney AGAIN?" and "Don't you ever want to try some place new?"

My answer is always to same. WE. LOVE. DISNEY!

BACKGROUND:

Our previous trips as a family - 12/1999 (disneymoon), 12/2007 (off site), 6/2009 (FW cabins), 8/2010 (FW cabins), 6/2012 (OKW), 12/2012 (OKW), 6/2013 (POR/AKL).

My DH and I are both in education. I am a teacher and he is an administrator. Our vacation times are limited to the hot and crowded summer months and super-crowded Christmas time. However, we don't mind. :)

THIS TRIP:

July 4 - July 19, 2015 - OKW - 1-bedroom villa.

We also purchased APs because we plan to return 6/2016.

We may be crazy, but we always drive the 1100 miles to WDW. Our kids are great in the car and we stop just south of Atlanta, GA and stay the night to break the trip up. Gas + hotel room < 5 plane tickets + airport parking!!! Yes, we are crazy. :)

THE CAST:

Wendy (me!) - 38
Jason (DH) - 43
Logan (DS) - 11
Olivia (DD) - 8
Cale (DS) - 5

Photo0077FourBySix_zps923debb5.jpg

How we tour.

I am a crazy planner before we get to WDW and then once we get their we are super laid back. I will make a schedule of which park on which day with ADRs and FP+, but we are super flexible if need be. We let the kids lead the way by putting their needs first. If they are tired, we rest. If they are hungry, we eat. If they are "parked" out, we resort hop or swim. We will go open to close if everyone has a good day and are enjoying themselves, but we won't push limits. We usually go for 10+ days so we have the liberty to add in rest/pool/shopping/resort hopping days. This way works for us so well.

ADRs.

We are not doing the dining plan. We will eat breakfast in our room unless we have a breakfast ADR and some days one other meal in our room because it fits with our touring style plus we have a kitchen and a car. :) Everyone picked their favorite ADR and then I added a few new ones to try. Since we have APs we will also get the TiW card.

MUST DOs:
Crystal Palace - hopefully an early breakfast (8:05am)
Tusker House - late breakfast into lunch
1900 Park Fare - Dinner on my DD's 8th birthday!!
SciFi - Dinner
Be Our Guest - Lunch - I actually scored dinner!!
Via Napoli - Dinner
Olivia's - Dinner

WHICH TWO SHOULD WE TRY?!?!?
The Plaza - Dinner
Beaches N Cream - Dinner
Cape May - Dinner
Biergarten - Lunch

We might also do the Wishes Dessert Party one night.

Thanks for reading........

Last edited:

TinkerbellKate

We LOVE Beaches and Cream and really like The Plaza. I love every one of your must do choices, especially Via Napoli. I hope you have a wonderful trip and look forward to reading more!

LisaBelle

Your plans look great. We have lots in common. I am a teacher, too and we always have to go in the summer. We almost always drive but from Ohio. I love the planning almost as much as the trip. We love our Disney trips and are frequently asked why we are going back there again! Unfortunately, I haven't tried any of the restaurants you asked an opinion about. But in the TRs that I have read I think that the Plaza and Beaches and Cream look great. Can't wait to hear more about your plans and will look forward to your TR this summer. :)

gooftroop5

Original Poster
This trip just got REAL! ADRs are booked and will be updated shortly. The bigger news is that my parents want to celebrate their retirement and take the family to Hilton Head, SC ON THEM!!! They booked June 27 - July 4 so it looks like we will be spending a week at HH followed immediately by 2 weeks at WDW. Holy cow. I'm trying to wrap my head around that.

mrdrift

Plans sound wonderful. I just wish I could plan three trips over a years time, just not in the budget. One choice to try is Beaches N Cream. Will be watching for further details for this trip report.

gooftroop5

Original Poster
Plans and ADRs.......for now. ;)

7/4 - Arrive in the evening. The plan is to hang out at OKW and not even attempt to go to a park. Probably find a meal and swim/relax.
7/5 - MK for RD- Dinner at 1900 Park Fare for our daughter's birthday!
7/6 - Get groceries in the morning and then HS for evening EMH.
7/7 - Pool and DTD. Dinner at Olivia's
7/8 - 8am @ Crystal Palace and then MK all day. Probably a break mid-day.
7/9 - MK for princess morning with my girl, Liv. We try to see as many princesses as we can. The boys will probably do something boyish. Ha ha! Probably a break mid-day. Evening at Epcot and dinner at Via Napoli.
7/10 - AK for RD. Break. Evening at Epcot for EMH.
7/11 - Nothing planned in the morning. Afternoon/Evening at MK for EMH. Probably do Wishes Dessert Party as soon as I can book it.
7/12 - Pool and then AK in the afternoon/evening.
7/13 - Epcot for RD, then a break, then dinner at Sci-Fi and evening at HS for EMH.
7/14 - Tusker House @ 10:30 and then AK all day.
7/15 - HS for RD, a break, MK in the evening. Dinner at Be Our Guest.
7/16 - Pool and DTD.
7/17 - MK for RD, a break, dinner @ Beaches and Cream, and then Epcot for EMH.
7/18 - Nothing planned in the morning. MK in the evening for EMH. Dinner at The Plaza.
7/19 - Kids choice based on what they want to do AGAIN! And then we head home.

Allym146

That looks like a fun packed trip! How awesome that you'll get to go right after a week at HH!! You're summer is going to fly by after that:).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom