Pre-Trip Here we go again...because I don't have cancer!

It has been an interesting year for us, to say the least. Trying to sell our house without success, dealing with both of our Dads with dementia, a health scare with our sweet daughter, as well as just the "regular" stresses of work and home life. We took a lovely adults-only trip to WDW in January to decompress and were ready to come home and hit the ground running with a new outlook thinking the tough times were behind us. Unfortunately, that wasn't meant to be and the first 4 months of 2015 haven't proved to be any less stressful. Most recently I had a major scare when I had to have a breast biopsy. I have a strong family history of breast cancer, so it was a long week waiting for those results. Fortunately, the results were all good and I don't have cancer!!! :)
2013 disney.jpg

We wanted to take our daughter back to WDW this Fall anyway, and now that we know I don't need treatment or surgery, we jumped in with both feet and booked a trip with free dining for September. We are only going to do 2 (now it's 3!) days in the parks as well as one evening at MK for the MNSSHP so that we have more time to relax and enjoy the hotel, pool and other things in the area that we miss when we spend every day in the parks. Our daughter is excited as her favorite part is the pool! :)

Here is the breakdown:

Thursday Sept. 24- Thursday Oct. 1
Caribbean Beach Resort ( a first for us!)
2 3 day park hoppers with FREE DINING!

We have booked Nine Dragons, Teppan Edo,Via Napoli, California Grill, O'Hana breakfast, Rainforest Cafe, Tony's Town Square and Whispering Canyon breakfast 50's Prime Time as our table services. We are still hoping to catch a lunch reservation at Be Our Guest or maybe even a breakfast if they continue that. We also snagged a BOG reservation for Friday which is very exciting!!!​

This trip is a much-needed respite from one of the most stressful times of our lives, and we can hardly wait!

Last edited:

fractal

So glad things are turning around!

Nine Dragons is like a nice sit down Chinese restaurant as far as the food and service. We enjoyed it - the food was good and plentiful. The atmosphere was, well like a very nice Chinese restaurant. The staff is courteous and attentive but for the most part leave you to your meal.

Teppon Edo is a nice Hibachi style restaurant. You will be sitting around a grill likely with other people. The grill chefs do a good job with not only grilling but putting on a fun show. It's more casual and loud than 9 Dragons and much more interactive.

Looking forward to reading about the trip!

FlaggNL

Wow just 99 days left.... from 3 to 2 digits.... we gave to wait another 20 days before we leave the 3 digits! Enjoy the pre feelings!

TheMouseFan

77 days until we can finally see the sunshine. It has been a dreary, gray summer in Ohio and we can hardly wait to see the sun!:joyfull:
I hear you about the Ohio summer! I was just thinking that it would be nice to actually have a summer this year instead of this ridiculous spring weather! I'm tired of the rain, and I can't believe it was 63 degrees yesterday at noon!! Have a great trip!!!

SweetEvangeline

Original Poster
We made our fast passes and completed online check in on Sunday and I am pretty sure we got most everything we wanted. It was strange because the times we were offered on the website weren't great, but we were able to adjust each one individually to more convenient times via the app on our phones once we were done. We had never done that before, but it helped fit things into the rest of our plans.

We moved my Dad into assisted living on Monday, so planning and looking forward to this trip are even more important to my sanity right now. I don't want to wish away the summer, but the next 58 days can't go fast enough! :)

Last edited:

SweetEvangeline

Original Poster
DH sent me the following text from work at 7:30 this morning.....
"We're going to Disney next month!"
Yes, indeed, we are! 54 days in fact!
So, to celebrate, we are having a "Disney Dinner"! O'hana wings, green beans and Yakisoba noodles, and Dole Whip for dessert. Can hardly wait to eat!
And tomorrow morning, it's Chef Mickey's breakfast pizza! YUMMMM

Last edited:

SweetEvangeline

Original Poster
Its my least favorite day of the planning....it's payment day! :-( But, on a brighter note we are one step closer to the Happiest Place on Earth.

SweetEvangeline

Original Poster
One month from today we will be soaking in the magic at Caribbean Beach Resort! We finally received the gift cards we ordered with a promo code through Target. It was worth the 15% savings, but it was scary when we wondered if they would ever arrive and how we would prove that we didn't get them. Several calls to Target, USPS and UPS and they were finally located. What a relief!! :facepalm:

Let the packing list begin! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom